Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...4#post13893144

It's called being a cynical asshole. Or sometimes people feel like they'll be popular if they join the hate crowd.
    A lot of people hate Blizzard. Most of the time it's for no good reason (i.e: THIS GAME IS SHITTY!!! <.>). So, whenever Blizzard announces something or changes something, these people are thinking "Ok, so how are they gonna fuck this one up?" and by looking at things that way all the time they find the most ridiculous things to pick at like pet battles. It doesn't affect them yet they complain about it like it's the end of the world.

Other people aren't as creative so they need to jump on the hate bandwagon. A blizz-hater see's the expansion announcement and can't find anything stupid enough to pick at. He see's someone else complaining about Kung fu panda even though the timing doesn't line up (warcraft 3 came first), they all start complaining about it. Some people get really freakin crazy about it, too.

I won't say any names, but yesterday while I was re-installing everything after reformatting my hard drive all day, I noticed this ONE user on MMOchamp in EVERY MoP thread linking an image of Kung Fu Panda and insulting blizzard. In response to people telling him facts, he called them moronic blizz fanboys. There's nothing you can do to stop these cynical, ignorant, lifeless haters. No matter what the topic is, people always find something to complain about.

:\
    Last edited by Velyndina; 2011-10-26 at 11:57 PM.

It kinda reminds me of a part of the Green Goblins speech from Spiderman 1: "The only thing people love to see more than a hero, is to see a hero fall, fail, die trying."

Other than that not sure why people so obsessed unless they are jelly.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Malthred View Post
    Other than that not sure why people so obsessed unless they are jelly.
    Why my good man, I do love me some jelly on my peanut butter sandwitches.
    << What I Look like. ^^Shit I say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendsnDreamz View Post
    Having a difference of opinion and having a discussion from both point of views is fine. The very loud vocal minority rampant negativity and hate mongering is out of hand. IMHO A rule needs to be set in place for this very action, and the mods need to go to town with that ban hammer. Then and only then will these forums start to get better. I'm waiting for all the doomsayers and negative nancies to actually follow through with their weak threats and leave. Sadly they never do and just continue to be a plague on what could be a good community.

It sure would be nice to come to the forums and have good, intellectual conversations about the game most of us still enjoy, with out shifting through many clone hate filled threads created and saying the same thing over and over by the same few.
    A post like this barely helps. Instigating people's voices to be silenced so you can have more people to agree with you only causes more problems. Civility isn't hard to find, and I'm not talking about the people that bomb threads and leave with posts like "lol furry pandas suck, jack black in WoW, hope it dies" because that's basically retarded and giving them any attention really only reflects on you. This is the same reason I ignore people who call me a stupid hater who faps to hype about SWTOR or GW2 because I could give two shits about those games. The slate I see from you is that you want these so called pathologicals to never say anything bad- bad being determined as saying I don't like Pandaren in WoW because it's obvious they've been influenced by Kung Fu Panda since their original conception prior to the movie and other equally as clearly headed points.

Boths sides, in addendum, are equally matched with the number of vocal retards yelling the same message at each thread. Neither side's drastic opinions matter, more often than not, and I never expect mine to make much of a difference anyways. I merely state the inalienable negative truths and if they are disputed, they are disputed in the same way haters refuse to accept that Pandaren are going to be a playable race. It's something that you cannot change, no matter how many words are vomitted on the subject.

Also, starting a thread in which a bunch of fans of WoW can clamour together and insult everyone who is upset is basically no different that a troll thread that someone starts because they think Pandaren are relatable to Jar-Jar Binks. You take a biased view that is supposedly noble because you're not openly stating your hate for someone, but it's beyond obvious that haters on one side are going to pile up and add literally nothing but negative comments for everyone to feel better about themselves while simultaneously feeling vindicated because they're defending something with little opposition.
    Last edited by MephistoXVIII; 2011-10-27 at 12:26 AM.
    I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    a guy has a girlfriend, she breaks up with him.

now he wants her next boyfriend to be an ass. he wants her to suffer for what she did to him.

it's the same situation. they used to enjoy WoW, but didn't like the recent developments of the game. they feel betrayed by the game since it didn't go through the path they wanted. so they stopped playing and now they want WoW to fail.
    Exactly hitting the nail on the head, but now the ex boyfriend is a now a stalker, so now you got the ex boyfriend(the hater forum person) still in love with the Girlfriend (blizzard) says will he will end his life(quit the game)
    When in turn the boyfriend(the QQ forum guy) bluffs the girlfriend friends(MMO-CHAMPION USERS) into believing he has killed himself(QUIT) but really he hasnt he just slides back into obscurity and continues on with his life(wow)
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I don't quite understand the mentality behind this mindset, especially from those who use a WoW related forums. Is it some kind of masochistic behaviour? Wanting to see something you blatantly take an interest and degree of enjoyment from die/suffer? Fair enough you can disagree with the current development but there's an awful lot of 'WHEN WILL WOW DIE" etc
    When you feel spurned by somebody... people generally choose one of two options, walk away and start something new - or help the person who spurned them walk more and more into their own demise, and laugh with revenge.

For many people, they are the later. Quite simple really. :P

The revenge factor is often multiplied if the said person personally is insulted/scorned my hundreds of other people in the process of expressing his opinion (Fanboy forum posters generally - and that goes reverse too for Fanboys wanting revenge! :P).

I used to be one of them after Cata - but MoP so far is doing A LOT to fix what I complained about in Cata... I can't fault blizz anymore - that's assuming that they are going to come through on their promises, that is. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't quite understand the mentality behind this mindset, especially from those who use a WoW related forums. Is it some kind of masochistic behaviour? Wanting to see something you blatantly take an interest and degree of enjoyment from die/suffer? Fair enough you can disagree with the current development but there's an awful lot of 'WHEN WILL WOW DIE" etc
    how is it any different than the exact opposite?

the disgustingly sick fanboy sycophants that bow to everything blizzard does, NO MATTER WHAT.

blizzard could add a 2d, 16 color picture of a broken rocking chair as an endboss that costs you 10,000 gold each time you fight it and if you die, your account gets locked for 6 weeks, and these fanboys would still say it belongs in the game and pay 100$ for the expansion which contained it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    a guy has a girlfriend, she breaks up with him.

now he wants her next boyfriend to be an ass. he wants her to suffer for what she did to him.

it's the same situation. they used to enjoy WoW, but didn't like the recent developments of the game. they feel betrayed by the game since it didn't go through the path they wanted. so they stopped playing and now they want WoW to fail.
    And here I thouht it was a cult.

what u said made alot of seens, never thought of it like that befor. ty

Deleted
    The problem is, I have been paying for years for a game, and since the launch of Cata, neither the game, nor the community is living up the promised expectations. You know what? Harder encounters are OK if it's not hard to meet the prerequisites. Raiding in Vanilla was hard because of the tedious, BORING, time-consuming preparation-crap. CRAP, yes, and grinding has NOTHING to do with RPG. It's a stupid but effective method to keep people occupied so they do not get how few content there is besides of their farming. Now, preparation is easy, even with farming for reforging and respecs - but still, things have become equally tedious and boring. Farming the same 2 instances over and over until your eyes and fingers bleed? Respec and retune your gear any two weeks because the balancing still ist not right and every change comes faster and faster down? That's bullshit.

I'm very angry at what the game has become, because I HAVE NOT PAID FOR THIS! I was committed for years, and all I get is a GTFO? Very nice...
    But I could not care less, if WoW is still around in 10 years or not. I only wish they would implement a F2P modus where I could keep all my toons and go to max level. I am not even sure if I will buy Diablo3 or the next addon. This is the perfect way to lose customer's trust.

There are many stupid people so just ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    It pretty much boils down to a mentality of not being able to cope with being in the minority. The people who are shouting on every forum thread that 'X is the DEATH OF WOW FOREVER' where X = anything from the new expansion and all the things it entails, to a minor hotfix to their favorite class's spell really desperately want to believe that everybody feels the same way they do, and they think if they shout, swear, call names, and preach doom long enough and loud enough that they will change EVERYONE'S minds and they won't be in the minority anymore.
    You mean like twilight cultists?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

****** Blizz don't listen to my request on mmo champ forum fuK them mother fuUUUU rawrrr rawr rawrrr RAAAAAGE ****

I just don't mind panda race, but an xpac for panda only, I just think it's .... weird

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like you are over simplifying it. Some of them are just kids without valid points. But those of us who have been playing this game for years know that the quality has been heading down hill for years now. And it will never be the same. We read these forums because it was once a game we loved, and we are hoping it comes back. The panda expansion doesn't look promising, but I will give it a try.

However, I do think Blizz needs to start looking at Guild Wars and other games to find inspiration. Guild wars PvP system simply destroys WoW. If you do not know what I am referring to, look it up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shewkoi View Post

the disgustingly sick fanboy sycophants that bow to everything blizzard does, NO MATTER WHAT.

blizzard could add a 2d, 16 color picture of a broken rocking chair as an endboss that costs you 10,000 gold each time you fight it and if you die, your account gets locked for 6 weeks, and these fanboys would still say it belongs in the game and pay 100$ for the expansion which contained it.
    If they're enjoying it and are the same as the majority then clearly it's working as intended and not causing a negative atmosphere

Society lives to build something up to a high point/standard then watch as it collapses in on itself under it's own power. Celebrities, companies, politicians, etc. We live to watch things die. WoW is no exception. It will fall, everything falls. Something will dethrone WoW and players hedge their bets left-and-right just to say, "See, I told you so."
    Anyone else think Jaime Lannister only has the Kingslayer title because he was just too lazy to kill the king on heroic mode?

/slowclap

Yes...no. Not in the slightest.

Creating a strawman and then defeating it isn't the same as giving a compelling argument. Its just a sign of how unsteady you are on the subject.

Want to know why we stick with Blizzard? Because we feel its still a quality product and enjoy it, and like playing with the friends we made over the years. You disagree, which is fine. But slinging mud at it isn't. Its as petty as a football fan dissing someone else's team purely because it isn't yours - its really a poor show.

As to why they are busy flaming Blizzard, maybe its due to boredom? Their games aren't even out yet, so all they have to do it complain and hype themselves up. And a good portion are going to realise that their new game isn't what they were hoping for, and prompty forget it and move on to something new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Formerly of the People's Republic of Illinois
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    The Yankees are the most successful and richest of sports franchises. Many people don't care who wins in Baseball, as long as the Yankees lose.

I feel sorry for the Blizzard haters, really I do. After Blizzard crushes SWTOR and GW2, what hope do they have.
    The new LotR Xpac? Hey, gotta grasp onto something right?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexis_de_Tocqueville
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. -CS Lewis

Deleted
    See and this is the problem, what you've written is just dumb, there's no other polite word for it, it's stupid and no one in their right mind would accept or take part in it, yet apparently it's some kind of arguement about what people will accept?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peyj View Post
    Seriously, I'm getting sick of everyone's negativity.
    I was sick of everyone's negativity before it was cool.

/h