Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

A bizarre unhealthy obsession with Blizzards downfall

I don't quite understand the mentality behind this mindset, especially from those who use a WoW related forums. Is it some kind of masochistic behaviour? Wanting to see something you blatantly take an interest and degree of enjoyment from die/suffer? Fair enough you can disagree with the current development but there's an awful lot of 'WHEN WILL WOW DIE" etc

Well, my guess is the majority of people here are just looking to waste time and just post whatever is in their heads. Since the most recent problems with blizz is losing a few costumers/xpac I would be surprise if someone didn't bitch about it.
    << What I Look like. ^^Shit I say.

a guy has a girlfriend, she breaks up with him.

now he wants her next boyfriend to be an ass. he wants her to suffer for what she did to him.

it's the same situation. they used to enjoy WoW, but didn't like the recent developments of the game. they feel betrayed by the game since it didn't go through the path they wanted. so they stopped playing and now they want WoW to fail.

10+ Year Old Account
    It pretty much boils down to a mentality of not being able to cope with being in the minority. The people who are shouting on every forum thread that 'X is the DEATH OF WOW FOREVER' where X = anything from the new expansion and all the things it entails, to a minor hotfix to their favorite class's spell really desperately want to believe that everybody feels the same way they do, and they think if they shout, swear, call names, and preach doom long enough and loud enough that they will change EVERYONE'S minds and they won't be in the minority anymore.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are forum hipsters, they just hate popular things :P

10+ Year Old Account
    The Yankees are the most successful and richest of sports franchises. Many people don't care who wins in Baseball, as long as the Yankees lose.

I feel sorry for the Blizzard haters, really I do. After Blizzard crushes SWTOR and GW2, what hope do they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    The Yankees are the most successful and richest of sports franchises. Many people don't care who wins in Baseball, as long as the Yankees lose.

I feel sorry for the Blizzard haters, really I do. After Blizzard crushes SWTOR and GW2, what hope do they have.
    I really doubt blizz will completely crush GW2, not at least the way its early competitors.

In December, all the complaints will just be a distant memory.

But until then, if you don't like reading others opinions about what they think is wrong or what needs to be improved, then you should just skip those threads. Everyone isn't enjoying Cataclysm, not everyone will enjoy MoP .. some will play a different game .. to each his or her own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post

now he wants her next boyfriend to be an ass. he wants her to suffer for what she did to him.

it's the same situation. they used to enjoy WoW, but didn't like the recent developments of the game. they feel betrayed by the game since it didn't go through the path they wanted. so they stopped playing and now they want WoW to fail.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. If I knew, when I began playing, that WoW would become the abomination that it is (My opinion), I wouldn't have bothered with it : ) But that's life I guess!
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Its the same thing all big successful companies go through ...just look at Microsoft ....so many many haters

Quote Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
    They are forum hipsters, they just hate popular things :P
    And they hated WoW before it was cool!

Seriously, I'm getting sick of everyone's negativity. If you don't like the game, quit playing, quit raging on the forums and go do something else. So many people seem to think they're entitled to getting everything they ask for in the game no matter how ridiculous completely for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Peyj View Post
    And they hated WoW before it was cool!

Seriously, I'm getting sick of everyone's negativity. If you don't like the game, quit playing, quit raging on the forums and go do something else. So many people seem to think they're entitled to getting everything they ask for in the game no matter how ridiculous completely for free.
    While I agree, I'm not as surprise by it as you are my good man.
    Last edited by Frioz; 2011-10-26 at 10:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Just about everything since patch 1.0 has had some form of doomsday-mania surrounding it on the forums.

You either learn to live with it or stay out of the forums, because trying to come to a conclusion on what the community feels about the game as a whole based on the forums, is as rational as judging the health of an entire nations populace by the people in the hospitals.

Arguments such as the Companion Battle System being a change in focus in the game's demography... rediculous to say the least.

Pandaren somehow being regarded as rediculous while there's humanoids ingame based on what, twenty different animal species?

Blizzard creating or selling vanity items or services that you are in no way obligated to get or entitled to have. Your 15 dollars is payment for the RIGHT to connect to THEIR servers on an account you essentially BORROW from Blizzard.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

The important thing to remember is that the people being negative both here and on the official Blizzard forums are the vocal minority, and don't represent the playerbase as a whole.

When you have two thousand chickens in a barn and only 5 are clucking, they stand out all the more for the silence.

10+ Year Old Account
    I admit to having held a torch and/or pitchfork in the last week over debate of WoW. I've been in Warcraft for pretty much a decade, I mean... I've some fond memories of playing Orcs vs. Humans when I was a going on seven years old. It's been a part of my life and WoW almost gave me a chance to become intimately attached to the lore and the world I had already spent so much attention to from the angle of the omniscient glove in the sky. So... some decisions that Blizzard have made recently makes it feel like the game is breaking up with me, and in a true jealous boyfriend style I have taken to stalking every website WoW has gone to to see if I can catch the unruly whore in the act. If I want this metaphor to drag out, I feel like MoP was just that, a slight betrayal, I lie that was told or in the very least a half-truth.

Painful satire aside, I don't want WoW to "die" because it's certain at this point it won't. The gaming markets in general are so unbelievely stale that I'd rather sit on a website and bitch about one that I used to play than play any of the new ones. I do certainly foresee it one day, inevitably, needing to premium as Blizzard moves on to more important things and it ultimately is slated to either way. Lord of the Rings ends with the ring in Mount Doom, I imagine WoW's epic adventure ends with Sargeras finally being defeated, pushing aside the obvious that the story will never end because the Alliance or Horde technically aren't allowed to "win."

I feel perfectly justified saying the only reason I'm actually here is because Skyrim isn't out yet.

EDIT: Look at the posh above me, oh wow. So many people who think they aren't full of themselves either.
    Last edited by MephistoXVIII; 2011-10-26 at 11:00 PM.
    I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post

When you have two thousand chickens in a barn and only 5 are clucking, they stand out all the more for the silence.
    I don't know, I would become extremely suspicious of the rest of those 1,995 chickens. They are up to something...

Deleted
    They're jelly! One way or the other. Because others still enjoy the game, because Blizzard makes a lot of money, because they can't be a part of the WoW-decision making, because because because.

Or what the post #3 said. Also very true in many cases.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I don't quite understand the mentality behind this mindset, especially from those who use a WoW related forums. Is it some kind of masochistic behaviour? Wanting to see something you blatantly take an interest and degree of enjoyment from die/suffer? Fair enough you can disagree with the current development but there's an awful lot of 'WHEN WILL WOW DIE" etc
    I honestly don't care if it stays popular or not, waiting for Diablo 3 to come out. Not sure why people would want it to die or w/e...

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post

Ha. So true! They want others to suffer the way they themselves feel betrayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frioz View Post
    I don't know, I would become extremely suspicious of the rest of those 1,995 chickens. They are up to something...
    HAr! True.

Wow's detractors have taken on a pathological disposition. When I burn out, I accept it and stop playing.