15+ Year Old Account

How does addons functions in Mac OS X?

I am considering switching to Mac, and I wondered if Mac OS X (Lion) would have any different impact when using addons and uploading custom interfaces? Are there some functions or addons that won't work at all?

Deleted
    Well, the interface/wtf folder structure should be exactly the same on both Mac and Windows machines. However, there's some functions that only work on Mac clients - to be exact, functions controlling the Mac-only iTunes and movie recoding functionality.

There should be absolutely no issue in taking the Interface and WTF (bar Config.WTF) folders and copying them from a Windows to a Mac client.

I've yet to find an addon that didn't work on my mac, and I've used quite a few. I'm still on Snow Leopard atm, but I don't see why Lion should be any different - the addons affect the game, not the OS.

15+ Year Old Account
    Amazing post. Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by iLive View Post
    I am considering switching to Mac, and I wondered if Mac OS X (Lion) would have any different impact when using addons and uploading custom interfaces? Are there some functions or addons that won't work at all?
    Nope. Addons work exactly the same on Mac as they do on PC.

For the most part. There may be differences in how some mouse and keyboard events are handled but that should be it.