Poll: Butter, or Spread?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

10+ Year Old Account
    I use spreads. I love real butter, but it's just too unhealthy. Just like I drink diet soda, when I really want regular, but can't have that extra 1000 calories a day. Every now and then I'll indulge for baking, but for regular daily stuff has to be the spread.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by ChazleDazzle View Post
    Only time spread is better is when you need to spread butter, and the butter's been sitting in the fridge. That cold block of butter just doesn't do anything helpful, and usually tears apart otherwise amazing bread.

That is the ONLY time spread is better. Otherwise, butter ftw!
    EXACTLY this. spread tastes like plastic/oil to me while butter just tastes great, we normally keep our butter in the cupboard but when some idiots leaves it in the fridge its just buzzkill.
    <start epic wow theme>
    A world of limitless adventure. We cast the lords of shadow and flame back into the abyss.
    <more epic wow theme>
    We held the line against the rising tide of death itself.
    <epic music peaks>
    We have endured the breaking of the world.Now we face the Destroyer and we will end him.
    <cue Bennny Hill music>Pandas! Pokemon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Spray I can't believe it's not butter.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnez View Post
    *snip*
    You shopped Paula!

Quote Originally Posted by Hollandyo View Post
    Vegan smart balance!
    Blech, gross.

10+ Year Old Account
    Butter. Rub it on some bread, a potato, or even a tomato it's always enjoyable. Spreads remind me of processed cheese they're a fattier, bland, cheaper imitation, and people who are lactose-intolerant and can't have milk have to have substitutes. Butter's only down side is having to heat it up before spreading it. I hate over heating, or under-heating butter. I always mess it up some how so but I still stick by butter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Butter all the way down. (bigger thighs the farther you go, too.)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
    I DOODLE!

I'm generally okay with the fake butter spreads, they still make things taste better, and I don't get fat

still not as good as real deal butter, but milk also isn't as good as the real deal egg nog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post
    Blech, gross.
    churned bleached cow milk, pus, and blood is much better! Don't even get me started on how great the hormones an pain killers are!

churned bleached cow milk, pus, and blood is much better! Don't even get me started on how great the hormones an pain killers are!
    I use Cabot in a pinch, but I try to source out local butter whenever possible. With the large amount of dairy cow farms around here, it's pretty easy.

It depends really, I'm fine with spread having grown up with it, but my grandparents still use actual butter, so it's a tasty treat having a sandwich at their house.

I prefer butter, but if you get a nice enough spread then there's not a massive difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    you vegan bastards make me sick as hell. You don't eat meat, therefore you don't get to comment on taste. AT all. Please go away and eat some sprouts or something, i'm gonna go out back and kick around a pig a bit before i kill him. Makes the bacon that much more tasty.

Don't flame other users. ~ Migari
    Last edited by Migari; 2011-10-29 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Selkinor View Post

That is all.
    I really, REALLY hate that woman. Like, for serious hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dessan View Post
    I prefer butter, but if you get a nice enough spread then there's not a massive difference.
    I disagree, no matter how good the spread is it will never compare to butter in flavor and texture.

When you compare it to the plant equivalent of taking a shit in your mouth, yes. Also you'd be surprised how palatable blood can be. It's a necessary food for many people and most of my parents/grandparents grew up with people making blood sausage. Delicious.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Butter. Spreads taste a little oily to me

Butter of course. Or cream cheese. If it's too fatty or unhealthy or whatever, don't put any fat on your bread or wat? If that 'spread' means margarines and such, in my opinion they just taste bloody horrible.

Deleted
    butter for live
    and only from 100% happy cows

Deleted
    You aint manly if you aint eatin' butter. Sorry to all the females in the audience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DissPanda View Post
    You aint manly if you aint eatin' butter. Sorry to all the females in the audience.
    Feeling manly! No but really, organic butter all the way for sandwiches. For frying meat though, I mix in a bit of oil. I actually keep a tub of regular butter whipped with some oil just for that purpose.