Poll: What class do you dislike the most?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    They all look great but my least favourite would have to be the Engineer, it just doesn't really appeal to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Warrior and Engineer for me, though it's more of a lack of interest than dislike/hate.

I'm a little surprised to see quite a few people saying that Elementalist looks generic. This is one of the more flexible incarnations of an Elementalist class that I've seen in any MMO. In EverQuest you were either a Wizard with ice/fire nukes, or a Magician who focused on the elements, and used pets.... no heals, and little AoE. In WoW you had to pick between Fire, Ice, or Arcane. In GW2 not only do you have all 4 elements to switch between, it will be integral to success. I think that the gameplay for Ele is going to be quick pace, and very dynamic.

OT: I don't really 'dislike' any class, but I picked Thief because it will probably be the last class that I try. While ANet seems to be breaking the mold a bit by taking away long lasting stealth, if I am going to play a melee class it is going to have heavy armor or at the very least a pet that can rez me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like all the classes but my least favorite would be thief I guess, only because after seeing the gameplay of a similar class in another upcoming mmo which I won't mention.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Deleted
    I don't dislike any class really but if I had to choose would be necromancer but that's because dark magic classes have never been interesting for me but I will eventually roll one to see how it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Necro and Engineer are the two least interesting professions to me.

I think it's mainly because we haven't seen all the Engineer kits and I've never been one for the whole "Caster of Death" archetype.

Ranger FTW.
    Took the words right out of my mouth.

...the game isn't even out yet, and people are already looking for things to bash?

Oy vey....if you haven't played the class, then how can you say you dislike it? Sure, they can seem less interesting, but actual DISLIKE?

I don't find any of the classes to be less interesting, I'mma start Ranger and then as time goes by, I'll surely have them all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    ...the game isn't even out yet, and people are already looking for things to bash?

Oy vey....if you haven't played the class, then how can you say you dislike it? Sure, they can seem less interesting, but actual DISLIKE?

I don't find any of the classes to be less interesting, I'mma start Ranger and then as time goes by, I'll surely have them all.
    it's less about actual gameplay and more about the archetype.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

So far I've picked Necromancer but that might change because:

1. I have not played the current professions yet.

2. There are still a lot more professions that had not been revealed yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingFeedz View Post
    2. There are still a lot more professions that had not been revealed yet.
    Not sure if one constitutes as "a lot"

10+ Year Old Account
    I dislike the 8th profession! ;P

Nono, at the moment I don't dislike any of them, but if I had to pick it would be "Ranger" only because I don't like to play with a pet (will try anyway).
    I really like Engineer so far. But I still don't know which profession I will try first, haha.

Not sure if one constitutes as "a lot"
    True, there is 1 more about to be revealed, and it's in the scholar section of professions. I really have to be more careful with my words.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingFeedz View Post
    True, there is 1 more about to be revealed, and it's in the scholar section of professions. I really have to be more careful with my words.
    Don't worry. Its a Mesmer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    Ranger.
    I hope they remove pets. That crap is getting old.
    Or you could just play one of the classes they've recommended if you do not like pets?

To me and everyone loving the aspect of a pet and learning how to use it, your comment seems really daft.

---------- Post added 2011-10-30 at 12:23 AM ----------

it's less about actual gameplay and more about the archetype.
    Well, you already see the "That type of gameplay any idiot can do, MY choice takes skill!"-thinking shine through here, sadly.

Luckily, everyone decides for themselves how they wanna come across though :3.

I dislike rangers the most, warriors are a very close second.
    I just dont want to play a profession with a permanent pet.
    And warriors just have this boring feel for me, wich will probably not be the case in GW2. But its what other mmo's have left me with.

Guardian. Dont like them from start... and willing to dislike them till end.

Ranger FTW

Deleted
    I don't know, I like some more, but I don't dislike any...

The Thief is the less unfavored of all. Interesting!

Elementalist then Thief then Ranger, too generic for me...and you can't trust those Rogues...sneaky little bastards...
    And almost every single Ranger/Hunter is named Drizzt or Legolas...god thats annoying
    Elementalist...Mage, why complicate the spelling from 4 letters to 12? they both cast the same spells lol

So ya...those 3 archetypes never sit well with me.

I'm Necro all the way XD Hell...if Rogues do it from behind, Hunters do it with bears....Necros...you see where I'm going with this lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dethknell68 View Post
    Elementalist then Thief then Ranger, too generic for me...and you can't trust those Rogues...sneaky little bastards...
    And almost every single Ranger/Hunter is named Drizzt or Legolas...god thats annoying
    Elementalist...Mage, why complicate the spelling from 4 letters to 12? they both cast the same spells lol

So ya...those 3 archetypes never sit well with me.

I'm Necro all the way XD Hell...if Rogues do it from behind, Hunters do it with bears....Necros...you see where I'm going with this lol
    Mage/Magic all sorts of Magic attacks..

Elementalist/Elements fights out of the 4 elements. Big different

I agree your PoV about Rangers, but that's the player not the class

Stop using Rogues/Hunters