Thread: Stat weight

Thumbs up Stat weight

So i am a demo warlock and in simcraft i might be doing something wrong but haste scales way higher then mastery for me ?

this is my armory link eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/grim-batol/Demonicsauce/advanced
    and if you have some suggestions it would be nice to about the never ending trinket question i have necromatic focus HC in bag to replace DMC:V not sure wich one is working out better

ty in advance for your answers.

Scale factors
    Int=3.4 SP=2.6 Hit=2.43 crit=1.42 haste=2.1269 mastery=1.7239 wouldnt let me post a image

Deleted
    for Demo you want 1573 haste and after that mastery. Dont care for what simcraft tells you. And if u plan on having Demo as your MS you dont need hit at 17.. I run with 16.20 ^^

For stat weights, simcraft calculates by adding something like 400 to the profile, then seeing the difference it makes in dps. Since you're within that range of a breakpoint, it's going to overvalue haste somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Aumi View Post
    for Demo you want 1573 haste and after that mastery. Dont care for what simcraft tells you. And if u plan on having Demo as your MS you dont need hit at 17.. I run with 16.20 ^^
    1573 doesn't actually have any impact on single target, if you're working on Alysrazor or Anthricyst sure you might as well go for it, otherwise it's kind of pointless. 1003 and 1007 are breakpoints for Immolation Aura and Shadowflame, respectively, and they're really the only ones worth worrying about most of the time.

Running at such low hit is certainly less than ideal as well, it's easily the most valuable secondary so if you don't at least have it as close to 1742 as possible without wasting any, you're losing out on easy dps.

A quick look at your char in simcraft..

Current: 33,296 dps
    Max mastery: 33,395 dps
    1573 haste: 33,429 dps

And obviously 1573 will give you an increased DPET for immolate, which will help on any fight with any kind of multi-dotting. Seems like an obvious choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    With your current haste, like they said above, you're near a new breakpoint. Assuming raid haste and DI, that breakpoint is corruption at 1993.

If you're maining Demonology, its not a huge deal to reach it, and realistically there is no necessary haste cap over since you're refreshing Immo with HoG. Just make sure you have enough haste to reliably get 2 minute Metas when you're doing single target dps. With multi-dotting, avengingbt is right, an extra immo tick will increase dps, depending on how much multi-dotting you do, and how often that includes stopping to cast immo. Personally, on fights I go demo and can multi-dot, I'm running around too much to stop and cast immo (like booking it from side to side to handle broodlings and spiderlings on beth).

If you're maining Affliction like I am (just noticed your other spec is PvE affliction, not sure if you are or not), its better to go for haste on your main set and get extra pieces to reforge for demo, than vice versa. Haste is reasonable for Demo, but not as good as mastery, whereas mastery plain sucks for affliction. Personally that means I'm running about as much haste as you are for demonology, with as many extra pieces reforged to mastery as I can get doubles of.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild