The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Unhappy I'm a sad panda now (Zalman CNPS12X Review)

I really wanted this cooler, I wanted it to succeed, I wanted it to at least be up there near the D14, Silver Arrow, and *gulp* H100. Sadly, the temperatures it has shown in these tests are poor, it doesn't fit over most RAM at all, even low-profile RAM (or barely), and unfortunately, aesthetics can't make up for these very real world scenario problems. =/

Here's a good review of it:

I was so excited when I woke up this morning, checked my email, and saw he had finally done the review for the 12X, as I was one of the many people he mentioned in the video "who pestered him about it." I really love how this cooler looks, the cool blue LEDs versus bright eye-straining LEDs, I remember when I first got my Zalman CNPS9900ALED, I was worried the blue LED would be one of the bright ones, it is in fact the opposite, it is a very cool, calm blue of sorts. Too bad this failed. Discuss here.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    Meh, all things considering, it doesn't even look *that* good. Those plasticy looking fans and that plastic piece on the top (and leds) make it look kind of cheap. The design is interesting but you'll notice upfront that it sacrifices some performance on it (specifically the most top and lowest heat plates).

Like you said, too bad it didn't succeed. More competition is always nice even though I'd still probably had picked my silver arrow over it .

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing that frustrates the hell out of me with TTLC/OC3D reviews is that the guy's videos are anywhere from 20-30 fucking minutes long, he spends so much time talking about pointless shit when I just want to see the damn things' features, looks, installation and performance.

Takes me less than 5 mins to read a worded review with picures, don't know why a video should take 30 mins.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Meh, all things considering, it doesn't even look *that* good. Those plasticy looking fans and that plastic piece on the top (and leds) make it look kind of cheap. The design is interesting but you'll notice upfront that it sacrifices some performance on it (specifically the most top and lowest heat plates).

Like you said, too bad it didn't succeed. More competition is always nice even though I'd still probably had picked my silver arrow over it .
    Yeah, I was hoping it would do better, it might not look good to you but I think it is pretty neat looking, especially when it's going. Idk, maybe I just like Zalman coolers. :P I wonder what the temperatures would have been like if they had just used all copper like so many of their other coolers. It's a well known fact that copper is the best at absorbing heat. Why they coat these in nickel or whatever is beyond me. Hopefully they will make a copper version (That is raised a damn 5mm!) just like they did with the CNPS 9900s.

---------- Post added 2011-10-27 at 09:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    The thing that frustrates the hell out of me with TTLC/OC3D reviews is that the guy's videos are anywhere from 20-30 fucking minutes long, he spends so much time talking about pointless shit when I just want to see the damn things' features, looks, installation and performance.
    It's war bro. I love his videos! :P They're so easy to be able to just sit down, max the video, sip my coffee and just watch and listen.

Plus I love the British accent. For instance, how he says "580".... foive aytay. XD
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    So if I am reading that correctly (that list is kind of messy) the 12X is actually a fairly decent cooler.

Still we run into the RAM issue. =/
    "A flower.

Deleted
    That's a sweet looking cooler.
    /likes

The guy looks like he hates his life. Seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    The guy looks like he hates his life. Seriously.
    Emotions to go with reviews, touche.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Emotions to go with reviews, touche.
    I'm definitely not going to start my day by looking at a 30 minute video of someone with an "I want to kill myself" vibe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Listen to his voice and you can tell he loves what he does. He is the damned owner (I think, he's at least high up!) of overclock3d.net... he gets to build computers, test out stuff, and essentially in that process play games.... to make money.

Oh yeah he hates his life. ;p
    "A flower.

seems like a obvious failure from Zalman, not much room for a duscussion here.