Question Mumble issue (mouse buttons for PTT)

Hello MMOChampions!

Not really an interface (kind of) or macro problem, but I think it probably belongs in this forum.

I recently switched from Ventrilo to Mumble. I use a Logitech mouse and it's "SetPoint" software to map some of its buttons (it has 7) to special keys. One of these buttons is bound to the F12 key, which I use as my Push-to-Talk button on Vent.

In Mumble, however, this doesn't work. The F12 key on my keyboard works just fine for PTT, but not the mouse button. I also tried to go in Mumble's configuration and set up that button as PTT directly, but it doesn't even seem to recognize it. Mumble recognizes my standard mouse buttons (left, right and middle clicks) but none of the additional ones.

BTW, I am using the newest SetPoint software version from Logitech (includes drivers), the newest version of Mumble, and the newest everything.

Has anyone had this problem before?

Appreciate any helpful advice.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    Moved to Computer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cheers Treeston.

@Xebu which Logitech mouse is it and exactly which button are you trying to to map to PTT?
    edit: After a bit of a lookie, I think I've found some stuff hinting towards Setpoint being the cause and it's mappings interfering with Mumble. Exit Setpoint completely from your system tray to end that process, and then try to map PTT to your preferred mouse button. See if it works.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2011-10-27 at 10:31 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Hi Xuvial!

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    @Xebu which Logitech mouse is it and exactly which button are you trying to to map to PTT?
    It's the Performance MX, and I have the "zoom" button bound to F12.

edit: After a bit of a lookie, I think I've found some stuff hinting towards Setpoint being the cause and it's mappings interfering with Mumble. Exit Setpoint completely from your system tray to end that process, and then try to map PTT to your preferred mouse button. See if it works.
    I will try that out, though that will disable the other buttons, which I use for WoW

Revisiting this topic. Has anyone figured this out? I too use the logitech setpoint. My f12 key is bound to one of my mouse buttons. I exited it from my system tray and it is still a no go on mumble. The PTT key works just fine in Vent, however, with mumble no.

I abandoned this thread because my PTT mouse button works now. I think all it needed was a PC restart. It only works, however, when a program OTHER than Mumble is on the foreground. If Mumble is on the foreground, only my PTT keboard key works, and not my mouse button. But meh, that's something I can live with since I never have Mumble in the foreground.