Page 1 of 41
... LastLast

What do you NOT like about guild wars 2?

There is one on the Gw2g and hey why not one here.
    I love what I've seen about the game so, but there are of course some flaws here and there. So!
    What do you NOT like about Guild wars 2?

- For me I don't like the fact that well rather I'm abit scared that dungeons might be in DLCs instead of Expacks / released for free. Yes I know it's f2p but I'm a greedy bastard! (This isn't confimred though!) Also ranger pets seems absolutely retarded at the moment. And how the norn male walks. Looks like they are walking when they are acctually running.

Edit: No flaming or "well SWOTR / GW2 does this better" just state what and ur opinion. Feel free to discuss things aswell, but again no flaming.

DON'T RESPOND TO TROLLERS. That is all
    Last edited by Kakuzo; 2011-09-27 at 02:49 PM.

If GW2 goes the route of GW, additional content will arrive through expansions, ranger pets are being modified (last I heard), and male Norn appear to move slowly due to their size.

But that's not the point of this thread. Possibly the only thing I don't like about GW2 is loading screens. Yet at the same time I completely understand the need for them (less lag = good), and would never complain about their usage.

Ranger pets haven't had their love yet in the last demo, they stated so, I believe that if they going to release another demo, or the beta, they will have the Ranger pets on the awesome scale.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    If GW2 goes the route of GW, additional content will arrive through expansions, ranger pets are being modified (last I heard), and male Norn appear to move slowly due to their size.

But that's not the point of this thread. Possibly the only thing I don't like about GW2 is loading screens. Yet at the same time I completely understand the need for them (less lag = good), and would never complain about their usage.
    Don't take me wrong, I think they can change it I trust Anet on that part. And the "instancing" well that I saw as a problem at start when I first heard about GW2. But I can understand why so it's worth it

---------- Post added 2011-09-27 at 04:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Ranger pets haven't had their love yet in the last demo, they stated so, I believe that if they going to release another demo, or the beta, they will have the Ranger pets on the awesome scale.
    Aye! Wait we can do.

Deleted
    what NOT to like?

15+ Year Old Account
    BIG number one is NCsoft

I feel like I got burned on the last game that had that name on it (Aion)

That name alone makes me worry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guns. I hate guns in medieval age-settings.

Also, the pvp looks a bit... weird.. compared to G1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revelations View Post
    But we're 250 years in the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revelations View Post

Also, the pvp looks a bit... weird.. compared to G1
    It's not a medieval setting anymore, it's a industrial setting.
    Besides World of Warcraft has guns, which is no different.

I also don't like loading screens. But as one developer stated, you can run from the top of a zone to the bottom, and it would take 15 minutes. 15 minutes of full-speed straight-line running is a reasonable amount of area to cover before you see the next loading screen.

Deleted
    The only thing I don't like about Guild Wars 2 is.. That I have to wait so freaking long for this game to come out!!!11!1! But it will be worth it! amiright?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdry91 View Post
    The only thing I don't like about Guild Wars 2 is.. That I have to wait so freaking long for this game to come out!!!11!1! But it will be worth it! amiright?!
    *shakes magic eight ball*

*all signs point to yes*

I don't like the loading screens between zones either but I can live with it. I am also worried about the pvp I hope I will run in to some smaller scale like 1v1 pvp that was always my favorite pvp in world of warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdry91 View Post
    As much I agree with you, keep it about "ingame" stuff please

Quote Originally Posted by Kakuzo View Post
    For me I don't like the fact that well rather I'm abit scared that dungeons might be in DLCs instead of Expacks / released for free. Yes I know it's f2p but I'm a greedy bastard! (This isn't confimred though!)
    I don't this will be a problem. In the original GW this never happened. They released tons of new content with new games which I can see happening again as it worked. If you figure out the costs it is similar over the course of a year for content and subscription fee as compared to Blizz. Roughly two games a year at $50 a piece for $100 or $15 a month for 12 months. Also, back in the old days of TBC content was released at about this speed though that isn't the case anymore.

Admittedly they could change, it has been near 7 years give or take since the original GW was out but I have faith in their system and the game looks amazing. I have no complaints and am just waiting for a beta to try. GW was my first MMO and I still love it to this day though I hadn't played in years and am just now starting because of the HoM but it is still my favorite MMO.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like how they make we wait to play... Why can't they let me be an alpha tester. They should know people like me hate waiting and should accommodate me for this wait. But we all know no company wants to let us in to an early state. Other then that nothing bad to say yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    I don't like the loading screens between zones either but I can live with it. I am also worried about the pvp I hope I will run in to some smaller scale like 1v1 pvp that was always my favorite pvp in world of warcraft.
    http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/pvp/pvp-overview/
    "Hot join" games are the casual side of structured PvP. By nature, fighting other players is never going to be as casual as fighting PvE monsters, but this is a place to experiment with builds, learn the maps, and try out a PvP game against other players. Hot join PvP can be played from 1v1 all the way up to 10v10.
    There's also WvWvW, where you can very easily find yourself in 1v1 fights.

Deleted
    Few things:
    It isn't released yet.
    It isn't on beta testing yet.
    It will release during next year.
    I probably can't buy it on release date.

Okay I'll go with this line:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmeown View Post
    what NOT to like?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just want to clarify;

When you buy the game, you get ALL content available for GW2, obviously not counting expansion packs, like WoW has. But they won't be charging for dungeons and all that. The only thing in their cash shop will be cosmetic items.

OT: The thing I dislike the most would probably the lack of instanced raids, but that's hardly a worry anymore. I've read several times that there will be plenty of content and outside raids to sate my thirst for content. So I'm definitely excited.

So far i like everything about GW2, really looks promising