Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vehemence View Post
    We have a winner. Darksiders ftw.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    why not zoidberg?
    You, good brony, deserve an internet for that.
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe.... it's a split raid. Horde raids SW and kills Varian, Allaince raids ORG and kills Garrosh.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post

...Fits with the rest of the expansion at least. *grumpyoldmangrumble*

fr srs tho? Sha (Old Godslol) + some 'important' lore character for the second-to-last raid. I don't really see them pulling out Bolvar, Azshara, Sargeras, etc. Since they're pretty much just inventing new enemies for MoP, I'd imagine it being something like:

5.0: Mogu, Mantid
    5.1: Sha
    5.2: Sha influenced Varian / Garrosh / Chen / whatever
    5.3: Sha related Old God

Either that or the Sha are related to the Emerald Nightmare... In which case nothing really changes. At this point Blizzard can, and probably will, use Old Gods to plug up any plot holes or inconsistencies. I'm expecting (Hoping) Pandaria to start out all fluffy and Disney, and get darker and increasingly crooked with each patch - like the tree in The Molten Front, but in reverse.
    You forgot the Trolls. Zandalari Isle is on the map too and the Trolls are invading Pandaria. Dave Kosak (spelling?) said we were going to find out what exactly is driving the Trolls in Pandaria. And from what has been hinted in 4.1 that is something quite big.^^

I'm picturing an old god... called Warr'rarrzoth and is nothing but a gigantic pile of guns, swords and maces. :P

THRALL

He spent all this time saving the world, and now the Horde and Alliance are back at it!

Seriously though, no clue. They hinted at Illidan's return, and Azshara might want to come see what's up now that the mists are gone. I think an Old God would be Awesome! but not EPIC!, so I'm sort of ruling that out. I think (and hope) it'll be a notable figure.

They did say Anduin had an upcoming part, maybe Varian gets dynamic, but his character flaw still gets him in trouble and for whatever reason, both sides kill him. It's kind of meh and he's still too new to be in the spotlight, so I doubt that, but it is a PvP expansion.

...Omg, I hope it's not Sylvanas... What if Sylvanas and Varian die (by each other or through other means) and Anduin becomes King and Varian is resurrected by a Val'kyr and is made Leader of Undercity while Sylvanas rots. ... I'd quit forever ...

((I'm thinking Thrall being the final boss of WoW, someway, somehow))

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    You forgot the Trolls. Zandalari Isle is on the map too and the Trolls are invading Pandaria. Dave Kosak (spelling?) said we were going to find out what exactly is driving the Trolls in Pandaria. And from what has been hinted in 4.1 that is something quite big.^^
    I expect 5-mans.

*Cry*

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Maybe.... it's a split raid. Horde raids SW and kills Varian, Allaince raids ORG and kills Garrosh.
    OMG, THAT would be epic. Rid Azeroth from the greatest douchebags EVER.

I'm thinking it will be a major hero from both factions.

Not necessarily the faction leader or even a racial leader, but a universally recognizable hero nonetheless.

My vision is the raid takes place somewhere on Pandaria. The Horde and Alliance are fighting it out over some artifact or other, and both factions have a slightly different encounter as they fight various commanders and champions of the opposing faction. Some of the bosses will be minor, but established, characters although others may be created just for the raid.

The final boss encounter will be a combined battle where you aide your faction's hero against the opposing faction's hero, who fights alongside a significant number of adds. Once you reduce the enemy hero down to a low percentage of health, a cinematic plays where both heroes are slain. A neutral character (probably a Pandaren but doesn't have to be) then enters and destroys whatever the factions were fighting over in other to prevent further bloodshed. You then get loot from an overly convenient treasure chest that everyone was too busy fighting to notice or open.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

What I'm expecting is this:

A ginormous Sha who has both Garrosh and Varian under his control - feeding off their hatred for eachother, and there will be some mechanic similar to choosing Oracle/Wolvar in Sholazar Basin where we can interact with faction leaders during this fight to effect the Sha's power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    OR it is based on EPIC from WARhammer 40k, and the final boss is an Imperial (Empire of Pandaria!) WARmonger TITAN (Blizzards next game)

OMG CONSPIRACIES!

oh my dear god, if you actually own that then you must have either had realy good modelling skills or you wouldve had to sell your house or somethin

edit: my comment wont make sense unless you play warhammer 40k tabletop
    weeee!

10+ Year Old Account
    The one thing we never expected. A long forgotten and abandoned hero, who's sacrifice has been lost to time...
    Last edited by godofslack; 2011-10-28 at 04:26 AM.

I imagine that either the Sha will be an Old God, or that the Sha is a spawn or minion of an Old God. I'd prefer the former. It could be another Earthmother/Elune sort of thing. As the clues come forth, we gradually learn that this thing called the "Sha" is really just another name for an Old God. Perhaps N'zoth if they want to get him out there.

Don't know if it really matters, but Yogg-saron mentioned that "your petty quarrels only make me stronger" during the assassination flashback in the brain room. Perhaps conflict and war do make them stronger? It would explain why they were dormant for 10,000 years, until war picked up again. It also gives them a motive for spreading madness and destruction as they do.
    Those who search for meaning in something will always find it - even if it's not there. Apophenia and pareidolia, gentlemen.

wait, so the final boss is "war"? So could we be up against war incarnate, aka...

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by godofslack View Post
    The one thing we never expected. A long forgotten and abandoned hero, who's sacrifice has been lost to time...
    If it's Turalyon, MoP won't be the worst expansion just because it has pandas anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pure genius. Just pure, unadulterated win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarin View Post
    If it's Turalyon, MoP won't be the worst expansion just because it has pandas anymore.
    I added the image now Though Turalyon's sacrifice hasn't been forgotten, everyone always talks about him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    For some reason, when I read your post I read it with Gregory House's voice in my head....
    I did the same thing lol. I seem to do that a lot without realizing it. It's funny as hell though when you do figure out you're doing it, have to smile about it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see it end up being that horde go after one of the alliance faction leaders and vise versa for alliance. Would completely fit my definition of an epic end boss to take out of the opposing factions leaders =)

Quote Originally Posted by Leyowin View Post
    Pure genius. Just pure, unadulterated win.
    How do you know it's genius? They haven't said what it is yet! =/

I mean, they thought the Oculus was pure genius too... at least on paper it did. Until casual players got into it and said "WTF IS GOING ON!!!" :P