Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

BOA armor for monks?

So alot of people are going to be leveling Monks when MOP goes live so my question is what about BOA gear? Is blizzard going to add new BOA gear for monks or are we just suppose to use druid BOA gear?

Does anybody know?

thx!

Well since they'll be using the same gear that druids/rogues use in end-game content it would only make sense that they use the druid/rogue BoA gear don't you think?

they seem to be agi leather or intel leather (for the healer) so rogue/druid heirlooms would work, as far as weapons go id say 1h swords for the moment (dps/tank) and the staff for caster

Why would you use BoAs on a new race and new class? Not to mention a whole new starting zone... /confused

Deleted
    leather rogue/druid like, not sure about the weapons but probably the 1h mace

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyanide View Post
    Why would you use BoAs on a new race and new class? Not to mention a whole new starting zone... /confused
    To level, faster?

Newsflash: brand fresh zone ends in 20 levels.
    Then it's back to Azeroth.

Not to mention that nobody is obliged to make panda monks. They are thematically linked, but entirely separable.

Deleted
    leather heirloom like druid and rogue, for weapon i think the agi 1h mace x2 would be fine for dps/tanking.
    i think i go to use the heirloom only when i finish all the quest of the starting zone

Quote Originally Posted by DarkChaos View Post
    leather rogue/druid like, not sure about the weapons but probably the 1h mace
    Yep, most likely.

The only thing added to BOA repertoire I see is agility staff (feral druids and maybe monks - we don't know the numbers yet)

could immagine people wanting to get up fast to be able to raid when their guild starts.

Also, as far as weapons go, they said that monks would be using staffs for healing, polearms and staffs for tanking, and 1h weapons/fist weapons for dpsing so my bet would be on them using the agi weapons like the mace for leveling. Not sure what you'd use for leveling as a tank because there's no polearm/staff with agi on it but meh, we'll see what happens.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    Newsflash: brand fresh zone ends in 20 levels.
    Then it's back to Azeroth.

Not to mention that nobody is obliged to make panda monks. They are thematically linked, but entirely separable.
    they say that the new zone finish at liv 10 :/

10+ Year Old Account
    I've already got all my heirlooms ready for Monk, Dps, Tank... and healing if i ever decide to spec into it. Hell i have every single heirloom in the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post
    I've already got all my heirlooms ready for Monk, Dps, Tank... and healing if i ever decide to spec into it. Hell i have every single heirloom in the game.
    lol, same here

Deleted
    I don't know about, which armor would be good for healer :<

They don't have mana, and base on melee combat, so I would assume it's leather Agi\Sta\Crit\Haste... What do you think?

Deleted
    mmhh point ot you raptoos :S

Quote Originally Posted by Raptoos View Post

They don't have mana, and base on melee combat, so I would assume it's leather Agi\Sta\Crit\Haste... What do you think?
    when they're in healing stance they have mana can't quite remember the source but it was in one of the earlier Q&As

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptoos View Post

They do have mana, they said that like ferals with energy speccing into resto it changes to mana, when a DPS / Tank monk switches to mistweaver itll go from Chi to mana.

Stained Shadowcraft for Brewmasters & Windwalkers (Tanks & Melee DPS)…

Preened Ironfeather for Mistweavers (Melee Healers)…

That is all…

because leveling = this much fun
    and
    end game asap = thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis muuuuuuuuuuch fuuuuuuuuuun