Thread: The UFC Thread

Deleted
    Frankie the job done.

Decent match between Lineker and Dodson. Probably too much running, but he (dodson) learned from the best (mighty mouse).
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Dana said that before the PPV buys came in and they are saying it will likely have the most PPV buys by a card without McGregor, Rousey or Lesnar since UFC 183. Somewhere in the 650,000 to 800,000 range.
    The thing is some people most likely bought to see how he would do(whether they were fans of him as a wrestler or not) but people aren't going to keep paying to see him getting his ass kicked over and over. If he had won or at least been competitive Dana would have kept him or at least started putting him on fight night cards.

How useful is Muay Thai in MMA?

- - - Updated - - -

Just curious because there is a gym for it near me and I wonder how well it supplement my knowledge of Judo.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Just curious because there is a gym for it near me and I wonder how well it supplement my knowledge of Judo.
    All martial arts are useful. MT focuses on the clinch and elbows/knees. Anderson Silva in his prime, Donald Cerrone, Jose Aldo before Conor wrecked him, and a little bit JBJ before he become a junkie exhibit the usefulness of MT techniques in high echelon MMA fighting. There are tons of others, including emerging women fighters who use the technique.

As with anything, it's best used in combination with other disciplines.
    BAD WOLF

UFC 204 tonight. FS1 prelims start in 45 mins. The main card starts in 2 hours 45m.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    It's good. Like all the other systems, it needs to be modified/adjusted for a particular sport, in this case MMA.

People always talk about the elbows a lot. Throwing an elbow isn't high science. And it's something you can only use at very close range, when you don't have enough range for the straight punches and can't get around with the hook, so it's not really as if MT guys were throwing elbows all the time. It gets overstated a bit. The overall toughness of that art, the hard roundhouse kicks, the knees, the clinch - obviously good stuff for MMA. The flat-footedness and almost square stance of traditional MT can be a disadvantage in MMA where you have to deal with technical fighters and takedowns, so most MT guys adjust that a bit. But in any case, it's hard to go wrong with MT if you want to get some striking under your belt.
    Last edited by Pull My Finger; 2016-10-08 at 11:26 PM.

Bisping vs. Henderson 1.

FS1 prelims started.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy shit I just looked up UFC 205 Alvarez vs. McGregor tickets since it's in NY in Madison Square Garden and legit even the bad tickets, face value, are thousands of dollars. That's ridiculous lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Just waiting on main card. Prelims I didn't pay too much attention too. I liked that Leon Edwards guy.

Gonna switch desktop to Linux boot soon and catch a Live Stream. I wonder how many PPV buys this UFC is gonna have. I'm guessing not a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Ended up on Windows 7.

This Struve guy is tall as fuck. This Omielanczuk is kinda thick and flabby. I call Struve for the win!

- - - Updated - - -

That was a pretty nice submission by Struve. Nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Manuwa seems strong. I think he'll win.

- - - Updated - - -

They keep promoting Gears of War 4. Did Microsoft think UFC watchers are likely Xbox FPS gamers?

Just two matches left and we're only 1h 15 into the main card. I don't mind thinks wrapping up quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

That ref was good to not stop the fight early even though Mousasi was just pounding Belford for a while.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait the champion is fighting the rank 13 guy? That seems kinda lame.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow I looked down on this fight with contempt. Some dumb revenge against an old man.

And the old man just fucked this guy up. That was exciting. Wow. Give the people what they want.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm saying old man because if you didn't know, Henderson is 47 (even though Bisping is 37).

TAKE THE CHAMP DOWN. WE'RE ROOTING FOR YOU OLD MAN.

- - - Updated - - -

Not surprising that the champ won. Technically speaking, he had more strikes and clearly the old man didn't have a lot of stamina.

But if you ask me which one looked like a bitch, and clearly whose face is the most fucked up, Champion Bispen takes the cake.

Personally I agree with the decision, although 49-46 was suspect

10+ Year Old Account
    The last score was sketch, but Henderson's comment shows he knows why he lost. He made Bisping look messed up, but didn't really do anything. If you look at significant strikes Bisping simply out scored him across most of the fight. Sure Henderson got some extra points for the knock downs, but Bisping never took much damage from them other than cosmetic cuts. He looked sharper, more energized, and just kept landing solid combos. Sometimes that's how you win.

Henderson looked old, but with a rocket launcher for a hand. Sometimes that's not enough. Glad to see Bisping keep his belt at home.
    BAD WOLF

I agree with the 49-46. Only scored round 1 for henderson

10+ Year Old Account
    "Ronda Rousey will return after more than a year away to challenge champion Amanda Nunes at UFC 207 on Dec. 30 in Las Vegas"
    (source)

Opinion: I think she comes back and just arm bars her in quick fashion, just like she entered the scene. I don't see Nunez escaping from her. The women's division is like rock, papers, scissors and Holly Holm is Rousey's counter. I just don't see anyone else doing that.
    BAD WOLF

You guys remember when McGregor threw a water bottle or a beer can or something at that press conference vs. Diaz? He got fined $150k. Which was 5% of his prize purse so lol...

Ronda Rousey will return to fight in the UFC

Ronda Rousey returning to fight in UFC 202 - more details

Who is excited? Who wants her to win? who wants her to lose?

Nunes is on a Run but she is nowhere near the fighter that Holm is, also Ronda won't have the cockiness going into this fight - should be a clear win for her

Nunes will wreck Ronda pretty handily.

Nunez is going to eat Ronda up. Ronda don't want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I just don't see anyone else doing that.
    yup, Nunez will get a quick lose

Seeing Ronda as a -190 favorite so far.