Thread: The UFC Thread

Notes since last post:

-It's too bad that Ngannou vs Gane went to decision. Decisions are so boring compared to a (T)KO or submission!

-Jamahal Hill looked really motivated when he beat Johnny Walker who has mostly lost in the last few years. I've got my eye on Hill who has only lost to Paul Craig so far.

-I can't believe Jorge Masvidal stalked Colby Covington after his loss and then sucker punched Colby while wearing a mask and a hoody. He just messed up his life for the pettiest reason.

-Tomorrow's One Championship fight between Rodtang Jitmuangnon and Demetrious Johnson is hilarious. Rounds 1 & 3 are muy thai, rounds 2 & 4 are MMA. What is Rodtang thinking? It seems like he will just get taken down and abused in round 2 as a non-MMA fighter, but I guess I'm still interested in seeing what happens.

Post-fight update: Took Mighty Mouse 2 minutes to submit Rodtang. I think nearly everyone was expecting that. lol
    Last edited by PC2; 2022-03-27 at 10:27 PM.
    Let's spread optimism and defeat pessimism! (HumanProgress.org)

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/sta...60536583958530

"Charles Oliveira has missed weight by .5 pounds ahead of #UFC274 and the UFC lightweight title has been vacated.

This is the first time a UFC champion has lost their belt after stepping on the scale and missing the weight limit."

I really don't like Chandler but dayum that was one knockout

Quote Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
    https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/sta...60536583958530

"Charles Oliveira has missed weight by .5 pounds ahead of #UFC274 and the UFC lightweight title has been vacated.

This is the first time a UFC champion has lost their belt after stepping on the scale and missing the weight limit."
    His match was an absolute delight to watch. Especially for a jiu jitsu guy <3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    I really don't like Chandler but dayum that was one knockout

True, then again, Tony Ferg should just stop. I'm afraid he's going to get seriously hurt if he doesn't.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Can't stan cutelabra, every time I see him I want him to get knocked out.

That stupid half ring thing he does and saying things like ' I'm a problem for everyone in the division' when, I just had a very quick look at his UFC record and he's just under 50% win is ridiculous.

Just not a likeable character

Cutelaba has a mouth that writes cheques his fists can't cash.

He's becoming the new satisfying person for me to see get smashed after the UFC cut Greg Hardy.

Sports and Fitness mod, Brit with weird sleeping hours.
    Has good taste in ale, bad taste in D&D choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Cutelaba has a mouth that writes cheques his fists can't cash.

He's becoming the new satisfying person for me to see get smashed after the UFC cut Greg Hardy.
    Oh hardy got cut? I'm not normally one for approving of other people's misfortune but good.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks that of cutelabra

Quote Originally Posted by molliewoof View Post
    Oh hardy got cut? I'm not normally one for approving of other people's misfortune but good.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks that of cutelabra
    His contract expired and wasn't picked up for renewal, they scrubbed him off their rankings.

Sports and Fitness mod, Brit with weird sleeping hours.
    Has good taste in ale, bad taste in D&D choices.

OMG that Texeira Prochazka fight was one of the best in years. People you really need to watch it.
    Also two very likable guys.
    Last edited by Hansworst; 2022-06-12 at 06:12 AM.