Thread: The UFC Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Hum, Sonnen looks to be appealing the loss, citing the "intent" of the knee was to strike him in the head. Stark contrast to his post fight comments. I don't think the fight will get overturned, either, and I don't think there is a point to filing for an appeal. But then again controversy can lead to $$$.

Nevermind, it looks like it's Chael's coaches filing the appeal and he has nothing to do with it. /boggle Maybe they're afraid he's going to give up fighting?

That's actually standard issue Chael. He's quite the whiner when he loses. After Paulo Filho cleanly beat him in their first fight, he tried to insist he hadn't submitted. If you actually watch the fight, Paulo was going to take that arm home with him - he's a submission monster. He's also repeatedly complained about the first Silva fight not getting stopped. And now he's whining about a legal knee that wrecked him. Chael's just a sore loser, a toddler really - he talks a huge game, but when he comes up short he starts crying and pitching a fit.

Quote Originally Posted by braeldiil View Post
    That's actually standard issue Chael. He's quite the whiner when he loses. After Paulo Filho cleanly beat him in their first fight, he tried to insist he hadn't submitted. If you actually watch the fight, Paulo was going to take that arm home with him - he's a submission monster. He's also repeatedly complained about the first Silva fight not getting stopped. And now he's whining about a legal knee that wrecked him. Chael's just a sore loser, a toddler really - he talks a huge game, but when he comes up short he starts crying and pitching a fit.
    He actually never "whined" about that. He gave Silva his dues post fight, even downplayed the shorts grabbing and asked that the NSAC didn't fine Silva after the shoulder bump at the weight ins. Now that the fight is over he's appeared to have dropped the trash talking fight hyping rasslinesque persona.

---------- Post added 2012-07-12 at 12:56 AM ----------

Well, tonight's card was way better than 149, and it was free. Man, Weidman is a certified beast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, tonight's card was way better than 149, and it was free. Man, Weidman is a certified beast.
    Indeed. I was really wanting Munoz to win. That was a fucking terrible stoppage by Rosenthal for that fight, holy fucking christ.

I was also hoping to see Beltran have a good comeback fight in his new weight class. There were a couple times where it looked like Beltran had Te Huna rocked, unfortunately Te Huna outclassed him. Beltran still looks small even at 205, what a chin on him though! I would like for him to at least get one more chance in the UFC.

Fights just have not been going the way I want them to since UFC 139. I think I used up all my good karma for that card lol.

Fuck, I just realized I typed 149 when I meant 148. Oops.

Jones just revealed a pic of himself going into his camp for the Dan Henderson fight. Wonder if he's been partying too much? Someone should tell him to stick to Vodka: https://twitter.com/JonnyBones/statu...827969/photo/1

Obviously it doesn't mean a damn thing, unless this is somehow abnormal for him. What is with him and the flamboyant poses? He doesn't look like anyone I'd be afraid of if I didn't already know who he was.

10+ Year Old Account
    He looks like he is starting to get a bit of a belly. I wonder how much partying he has been doing?
    Jones better start training and get back into shape.

C'mon Hendo, let's see a repeat of this at UFC 151

Last edited by pOO flinger; 2012-07-13 at 07:56 PM.

Damn, not a fan of Marquardt but glad someone finally shut up Woodley's mom!

10+ Year Old Account
    That was a great fight. Grats to Marquardt. I could hear T-Wood's mom the entire fight lol.

Too bad for Jardine.

Heh everytime Edgar loses or lose a title he will try and do a rematch ...

Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    Indeed. I was really wanting Munoz to win. That was a fucking terrible stoppage by Rosenthal for that fight, holy fucking christ.
    Same here. I really liked Munoz's chances, however, the referee stopped the fight too early.

Quote Originally Posted by pat3ck View Post
    Same here. I really liked Munoz's chances, however, the referee stopped the fight too early.
    Dafuq? His knees gave out after about 3 shots on the ground after he faceplanted from the elbow. Arguably he was out as soon as the elbow connected since he certainly wasn't intelligently defending himself, and about 4 to 5 shots after he went limp were completely unnecessary, which is why I think pOO is calling it a bad stoppage. It's certainly one of the worst late stoppages I've ever seen in recent memory:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-cG_E9wHdDP...3k/s1600/3.gif

---------- Post added 2012-07-17 at 01:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    That was a great fight. Grats to Marquardt. I could hear T-Wood's mom the entire fight lol.

Too bad for Jardine.
    Yeah. I wonder if it's annoying for Woodley's corner to try and shout over his mother? lol That elbow + 2 uppercuts was nasty. Great walk-away KO.
    Last edited by nbm02ss; 2012-07-17 at 05:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pat3ck View Post
    That fight was stopped way too late.

Dafuq? His knees gave out after about 3 shots on the ground after he faceplanted from the elbow. Arguably he was out as soon as the elbow connected since he certainly wasn't intelligently defending himself, and about 4 to 5 shots after he went limp were completely unnecessary, which is why I think pOO is calling it a bad stoppage. It's certainly one of the worst late stoppages I've ever seen in recent memory:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-cG_E9wHdDP...3k/s1600/3.gif
    Yeah. It looked like Munoz was out after about 3 of those shots on the ground. It was unbelievable how many unnecessary shots Munoz took.

Yeah. I wonder if it's annoying for Woodley's corner to try and shout over his mother? lol That elbow + 2 uppercuts was nasty. Great walk-away KO.
    Hahaha. I bet it pisses his corner off pretty bad.

Here is a gif of that too http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7...1o2_r1_500.gif

Come Saturday we'll get to see whether or not Lombard is a over-hyped can-crusher (my theory) or if he's legit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Come Saturday we'll get to see whether or not Lombard is a over-hyped can-crusher (my theory) or if he's legit.
    I'd like Boetsch KO Lombard cause Lombard is a complete douche. I kinda want to see Lombard succeed in hopes of someone actually being a challenge for Silva.
    I just can't decide lol.

Found this old video of Lombard vs Te Huna.

I've seen a couple of Lombard's fights before all the hype and I personally think the dude is for real. We'll see but I will definitely be cheering him on.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

10+ Year Old Account
    Tim Sylvia signs with Strikeforce, meets Daniel Cormier at Sept. 29 event!!!

I expect Cormier to win quite easily but good for Timmay and good for Strikeforce. This fight is sure to get a good amount of viewers for the event. Timmay may have gone downhill quite a bit but I for one will sure as hell be watching this fight!
    Last edited by pOO flinger; 2012-07-21 at 12:44 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Going to the event tonight, should be a good one

Entertaining first fight, look forward to Ring vs McGee.

Prelims have been fantastic so far. Even though the original 149 card was SICK before the injuries and had me salivating at the mouth, this card could still turn out to be very entertaining. Might be a sleeper. If Kongo gets KO'd again it'll already be awesome.

Standing arm triangle takedown, another great fight!

Quote Originally Posted by Optimuze View Post
    Standing arm triangle takedown, another great fight!
    Indeed. Though, if Riddle was going to let Clements stand up after another dominate position I was gonna throw something at my TV. Great fight and sub though. I think Rosenthal needs a vacay. Poor guy is slippin'. Can you imagine the shitstorm if Clements won the fight after that separation when Riddle had him hurt with that liver shot?