Thread: The UFC Thread

Watching the presser and GSP just arrived. His face is a freaking disaster.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man GSP looks like a foetus.
    Wow, my son must really like his computer desktop background, cos he is always looking at it when I walk unannounced into his room! Believed no parent ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't been watching the press conference. Has GSP clarified his "vacation" comment yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    I haven't been watching the press conference. Has GSP clarified his "vacation" comment yet?
    Nope.

Here is the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCgzfbRVO3Y

So, I understand that faces aren't scorecards, but looking at those two men, there's not a person in the world that would think GSP was the winner of the fight from looking at these guys. I really don't know what the judges were seeing. Unless you basically just treat all landed blows as equal, the amount of damage that Hendricks did is strikingly heavier.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    So, I understand that faces aren't scorecards, but looking at those two men, there's not a person in the world that would think GSP was the winner of the fight from looking at these guys. I really don't know what the judges were seeing. Unless you basically just treat all landed blows as equal, the amount of damage that Hendricks did is strikingly heavier.

Some people skin show more damage than others.That doesn't mean Hendricks didn't get hurt just his face didn't show it.
    Like I said many times:
    IN ORDER TO BE THE CHAMPION YOU HAVE TO BEAT THE CHAMPION.TKO, KO ,SUB or domination.Hendricks did none!
    If we wanna be fair Hendricks won by maybe split decision, but in championship match that's not enough.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well then if you want to be fair, a split decision is a legitimate win. Unfair would be the challenger eeking out a win, but being denied the belt because he didn't knock or sub the current champion out. Seems a bit of a double standard and what a waste of time and training and punishing your body. Not to mention, if we went by your standards, then all the current champion would have to do is stall, and he would win. It would be Floyd Mayweather in the ufc.
    Wow, my son must really like his computer desktop background, cos he is always looking at it when I walk unannounced into his room! Believed no parent ever.

Quote Originally Posted by zixi View Post
    IN ORDER TO BE THE CHAMPION YOU HAVE TO BEAT THE CHAMPION.TKO, KO ,SUB or domination
    Repeating it in all caps isn't going to make it a more defensible idea. Lots of people hold this idea, but it's completely indefensible.

That doesn't mean Hendricks didn't get hurt just his face didn't show it.
    I also feel like people are just spewing shit that haven't watched the fight. GSP went to the hospital afterwards. The two men were not equally hurt.
    Last edited by Spectral; 2013-11-17 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Repeating it in all caps isn't going to make it a more defensible idea. Lots of people hold this idea, but it's completely indefensible.
    This isn't DRAG racing where "Winning is winning, wheather you win by an inch or a mile".
    IF you wanna be the CHAMP then beat the CHAMP.This rule applys everywhere in contact sports.

Some people skin show more damage than others.That doesn't mean Hendricks didn't get hurt just his face didn't show it.
    Like I said many times:
    IN ORDER TO BE THE CHAMPION YOU HAVE TO BEAT THE CHAMPION.TKO, KO ,SUB or domination.Hendricks did none!
    If we wanna be fair Hendricks won by maybe split decision, but in championship match that's not enough.
    Hendricks dominated the fight, tell me when he was in any real danger? Mean while the significant strikes landed on GSP we're massive and enough to send him to the hospital after the fight. Even Dana White admits that Hendricks should have won and he's now scared to come back and do fights in Nevada, so do you really think you know more about fighting than Dana White?

Quote Originally Posted by felcommander View Post
    Hendricks dominated the fight, tell me when he was in any real danger? Mean while the significant strikes landed on GSP we're massive and enough to send him to the hospital after the fight. Even Dana White admits that Hendricks should have won and he's now scared to come back and do fights in Nevada, so do you really think you know more about fighting than Dana White?
    So you're saying you can't make your own opinion but rather use Dana's opinion.
    I can think for myself and I stay by my decision.
    If it was any other fight it would be split win by Hendricks, but if you wanna be the CHAMPION you have to show something more.That's just my opinion!I guess the judges saw that way as well.

So you're saying you can't make your own opinion but rather use Dana's opinion.
    I can think for myself and I stay by my decision.
    If it was any other fight it would be split win by Hendricks, but if you wanna be the CHAMPION you have to show something more.That's just my opinion!I guess the judges saw that way as well.
    Outside of a knockout/submission what do you want to see?

More Significant strikes
    More Take downs
    More Damage inflicted

What other significant fight statistic is out there? Strikes landed? I think GSP has a small lead.

So what do you want to see from hendricks to win the fight? Or should a champ just always retain the belt if it goes to decision?

Quote Originally Posted by felcommander View Post
    Outside of a knockout/submission what do you want to see?

More Significant strikes
    More Take downs
    More Damage inflicted

What other significant fight statistic is out there? Strikes landed? I think GSP has a small lead.

So what do you want to see from hendricks to win the fight? Or should a champ just always retain the belt if it goes to decision?
    Domination!!!

If this is the case, the judges should all lose their jobs, as they violated very clear rules. I don't think that what they did though, as this is an internet idiot idea rather than something that judges typically apply.

- - - Updated - - -

Domination!!!
    Here are Johny Hendricks's hands post fight:

Here is GSP's face:

I suppose GSP's face did dominate Hendricks hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is currently speculation that Hendricks tapped in the first round.

10+ Year Old Account

I thought i was crazy when i saw that and brought it up

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

What...the...fuck? How did I not see that in the fight? It even looks like GSP got off him as soon as he tapped his leg. How is no one talking about this?
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    you would think gps would say something, anything if he thought he tapped

Yeah, I don't really know what happened there. GSP's already letting go when the apparent tap happens. I wonder if Hendricks went to tap but GSP didn't realize that he actually had him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    you would think gps would say something, anything if he thought he tapped
    Well, he did claim memory loss after the fight. If you mean during the fight, it could be he felt he was losing his grip and just released, not aware of Hendricks' hand.