Thread: The UFC Thread

10+ Year Old Account
    http://i.imgur.com/QBihNLj.jpg

mark hunts hand afterwards, 2 fractured metacarpals and possible wrist injury lol

10+ Year Old Account
    That must be why he started throwing elbows.

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/QBihNLj.jpg

mark hunts hand afterwards, 2 fractured metacarpals and possible wrist injury lol
    Not surprising at all when you spend 25 minutes punching a dude who's facial bones have the same density as concrete.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    I was really sad seeing Barry get KO'ed again but Shogun's KO against Te Huna and Hunt vs Bigfoot really made my night.

- - - Updated - - -

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpres...ko-a.gif?w=640
    I am a fan of Pat Barry and Shogun but they really just need to retire. Shogun may be able to knock out someone like Te Huna but I really don't want to see him turn into a gatekeeper in the division. You saw it happen with other guys (even Ryan Bader is starting to go down that road as well) and he just doesn't have the drive or the ability to compete with those top guys anymore. Rua lost to Chael Sonnen, Sonnen is an amazing fighter and I am a big fan of his fighting attitude where he doesn't coast and do stupid shit (such as Brian Caraway) but Chael is not a submission expert and he sub'd him....that is bad. Barry is down like 4 or 5 fights now and it really is time for him to call it. There are a lot of other opportunities for UFC fighters now in the media and I think both of them would do well as analysts in their respective countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    I am a fan of Pat Barry and Shogun but they really just need to retire. Shogun may be able to knock out someone like Te Huna but I really don't want to see him turn into a gatekeeper in the division. You saw it happen with other guys (even Ryan Bader is starting to go down that road as well) and he just doesn't have the drive or the ability to compete with those top guys anymore. Rua lost to Chael Sonnen, Sonnen is an amazing fighter and I am a big fan of his fighting attitude where he doesn't coast and do stupid shit (such as Brian Caraway) but Chael is not a submission expert and he sub'd him....that is bad. Barry is down like 4 or 5 fights now and it really is time for him to call it. There are a lot of other opportunities for UFC fighters now in the media and I think both of them would do well as analysts in their respective countries.
    I agree that both fighters are definitely on the decline but I think that both guys really need to switch up their camps a bit. Their best years are behind them but making a change is camps will help a great deal.
    Shogun needs to move to Cali and spend a good amount of his time at Kings MMA and Barry should go to AKA.

10+ Year Old Account
    HD needs to move down to LHW. As much as he wants to hang with the Heavies, it just isn't working out for him. He'd be a terror at Light Heavy if he got there with a good camp behind his back.
    | Happiness is the best revenge |

Quote Originally Posted by Mongler View Post
    HD needs to move down to LHW. As much as he wants to hang with the Heavies, it just isn't working out for him. He'd be a terror at Light Heavy if he got there with a good camp behind his back.
    I've felt the same for such a long time, it wouldn't even be that big of a cut for him since he's a tiny HW to begin with. But the bigger HW's just murder him all the time because he's so small.

Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    I agree that both fighters are definitely on the decline but I think that both guys really need to switch up their camps a bit. Their best years are behind them but making a change is camps will help a great deal.
    Shogun needs to move to Cali and spend a good amount of his time at Kings MMA and Barry should go to AKA.
    To be fair fights like Pat Barry, Guida, and Diego Sanchez have never been technical fighters and fighters that you say "that guy will be #1" but they are exciting fighters to watch and no matter what you are going to get a good show out of them. I suppose Barry moving to AKA would be a fresh change but the guy is 34 years old and won't be fighting for a UFC title anytime soon (if ever). When you are talking about competition in the Heavyweight Division there is Cain as king, JDS in that #2 spot, and I don't really think there is anyone that can even compete with them. I would be interested to see if it would be in any way possible for JDS to cut weight and make 205. JDS is a beast of a HW but he won't get a 4th with Cain for a while and I think he would be a good challenge for Jones (hopefully after Gus gets his rematch). If you put Barry in there with JDS, Cain, Bigfoot, or Hunt he would get slaughtered and it wouldn't even be a fair fight. Unless he can cut the weight to 205 somehow (and I don't think he can) there isn't much point in continuing a fight career if he can get a different position in the UFC or at Fox.

I think Barry missed his chance to cut down to LHW and try to do something meaningful. He needs to try his trade in a lesser org, or just retire. He's too one dimensional to make an impact even at LHW.

I was happy seeing Shogun get a brutal KO, but it seems for every good showing we get from Shogun it's followed by 2-3 fights of pudgy, flatfooted Shogun. I want to see the Shogun that merked Te Huna return and see what he can do past the first round before I get optimistic about him.

Not much to say about the main event than has already been said. Though, as a huge Hunto fan I cringe whenever he uses his head to defend punches. Fun to watch, but good lord I fear for his long term health.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    I think Barry missed his chance to cut down to LHW and try to do something meaningful. He needs to try his trade in a lesser org, or just retire. He's too one dimensional to make an impact even at LHW.

I was happy seeing Shogun get a brutal KO, but it seems for every good showing we get from Shogun it's followed by 2-3 fights of pudgy, flatfooted Shogun. I want to see the Shogun that merked Te Huna return and see what he can do past the first round before I get optimistic about him.

Not much to say about the main event than has already been said. Though, as a huge Hunto fan I cringe whenever he uses his head to defend punches. Fun to watch, but good lord I fear for his long term health.
    Shogun's been through God knows how many wars in Pride, and it doesn't help he trains with the Shooto Box team. They go excessively hard when they spar. I absolutely love Shogun and I think he's the man, but I kinda recognize he probably won't be around in 5 years. His KO over Te Huna was good, yea...but he isn't top 10 and on the level of competition that Rua has fought in the past and been beaten by. Unfortunately I don't see him moving out of Gatekeeper status until he retires, nor do I think he can get his cardio and conditioning in line for a move down to MW, let alone a solid fight at LHW. Still, it's always a privilege watching him fight, and I'll always be a fan until the end.

Deleted
    Shogun's been through God knows how many wars in Pride, and it doesn't help he trains with the Shooto Box team. They go excessively hard when they spar. I absolutely love Shogun and I think he's the man, but I kinda recognize he probably won't be around in 5 years. His KO over Te Huna was good, yea...but he isn't top 10 and on the level of competition that Rua has fought in the past and been beaten by. Unfortunately I don't see him moving out of Gatekeeper status until he retires, nor do I think he can get his cardio and conditioning in line for a move down to MW, let alone a solid fight at LHW. Still, it's always a privilege watching him fight, and I'll always be a fan until the end.
    Shogun hasn´t trained with Chute Box for years. The knee injuries were his downfall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn....R.I.P. Shane del Rosario

Damn....R.I.P. Shane del Rosario
    yeah that shit is sad...

poor guy doesnt even know what happened to him and just drops dead basically. hopefully mccall keeps his mind in the right place over the next few months.

Listening to a live press conference and it sounds like GSP is stepping way from the UFC for a period of time and relinquishing his title.

GSP is officially retired and a 170lb title fight is set for March 15 between Lawler and Hendricks.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    oh man woman fight and we get to see if Anderson is gonna lose again

Whaaaaaat the fuuuuck Silva?! That's fucking nasty.

Deleted
    What the actual f.... Andersson Silva done with UFC now? That leg was completly off. Worst ending ever

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    That was fucking wicked. Great card, kind of a disappointing ending but whoo that was nasty lol.