Thread: The UFC Thread

10+ Year Old Account
    My roommates and I were surprised when he went down, but when we saw the replay... God damn that was nasty.

Warning, this will probably disturb you if you haven't seen the ending of the Silva-Weidman fight yet

http://imgur.com/gallery/VLfrOm8
    Last edited by Zoma; 2013-12-29 at 05:35 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus fuck.

Sickening, the worst part were his screams after when the doctors were around him, I really don't think theres any coming back from that.
    Ain't no chuch when you're living in the wild

Deleted
    Aaaah that looks so bad.. I can't wait to hear just how bad it is. Let's just hope it was a clean break and not alot of splinters.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember hearing the sound of it breaking, but from the live angle you couldn't really see Silva's foot, so I assumed that was just the sound of the leg kick impact and that Weidman would be hurting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    I remember hearing the sound of it breaking, but from the live angle you couldn't really see Silva's foot, so I assumed that was just the sound of the leg kick impact and that Weidman would be hurting.
    Yea, I thought about that to. It sounded like an unusual high snap, first I thought it was just a really hard kick but the moment I saw him fall down I realized what happened. Feel kinda sorry for Weidman aswell, he never got to show the world that he actually was able to beat Silva

Meh from the 1st round weiderman dominated tho...

Damn feel so sad after seeing that happened to Andersen.

Will be missed ~

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Yea, I thought about that to. It sounded like an unusual high snap, first I thought it was just a really hard kick but the moment I saw him fall down I realized what happened. Feel kinda sorry for Weidman aswell, he never got to show the world that he actually was able to beat Silva
    I disagree - not only did Weidman put him to sleep in the first round for a few seconds and totally dominated him, he pretty much neutralized Silva on the feet which almost NOBODY expected. It's a shame to see a career end this way. With that injury he's gonna be done at least a year at the very least so we won't get to see him fight till he is at least 40. I think that's the last we see of Silva.

I respectfully disagree. There were a couple of points where Weidman theoretically finished Silva with those punches in the first round. Referee didn't stop it, but early stoppages suck anyways.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the F was that..... that was painful to watch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    I disagree - not only did Weidman put him to sleep in the first round for a few seconds and totally dominated him, he pretty much neutralized Silva on the feet which almost NOBODY expected. It's a shame to see a career end this way. With that injury he's gonna be done at least a year at the very least so we won't get to see him fight till he is at least 40. I think that's the last we see of Silva.
    Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    I respectfully disagree. There were a couple of points where Weidman theoretically finished Silva with those punches in the first round. Referee didn't stop it, but early stoppages suck anyways.
    I know, as I said in earlier post, I think Weidman would have won either way. But alot of people claim that Weidman won the first game because Silva was playing around. So this was his fight to show that he could beat a "serious" Silva.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure Weidman took down Silva early in their first fight as well. I'm thinking both the ref and Silva wishes it had been stopped at that point now.

Speaking of early stoppage, I'm surprised how many 1 round fights there were. I think the longest fight was the woman's match, which is kind of surprising since all the champ's previous fights had ended in Round 1.

I know, as I said in earlier post, I think Weidman would have won either way. But alot of people claim that Weidman won the first game because Silva was playing around. So this was his fight to show that he could beat a "serious" Silva.
    I was one of those people. Weidman turned me over when Silva literally died on his feet and the referee didn't stop the fight. They showed a replay where it was CLEAR Silva was knocked out. He managed to recover, sure, but it would have been more than fair if it had stopped in the first round (and it may have saved Silva's career if it HAD ended).
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Deleted
    I was one of those people. Weidman turned me over when Silva literally died on his feet and the referee didn't stop the fight. They showed a replay where it was CLEAR Silva was knocked out. He managed to recover, sure, but it would have been more than fair if it had stopped in the first round (and it may have saved Silva's career if it HAD ended).
    Yea, it was wierd that the referee didn't stop it in the first round. I was sure that it was over. But still, now all the fanboys is going to blame the leg.

Well, if Silva had broken Chris's leg a lot of people would be singing a different tune. He checked the leg kick. It wasn't a freak accident. Anderson threw it, and Chris responded with a technique that has the possibility of leading to your opponent fucking up their own leg.

Yea, it was wierd that the referee didn't stop it in the first round. I was sure that it was over. But still, now all the fanboys is going to blame the leg.
    Again, being fair and all, noone likes an early stoppage and I think Lesnar was worse off in his fight with Carwin than Silva was (I'd have to go back and rewatch that fight), but it's one of those things where it could have been stopped and noone would be able to complain. Weidman proved two things: He has deadly knockout power and he can land it on Anderson fucking Silva. There may be more to the guy than anyone's given him credit for, and he convinced me tonight.
    Last edited by Truhan; 2013-12-29 at 06:46 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Well, if Silva had broken Chris's leg a lot of people would be singing a different tune. He checked the leg kick. It wasn't a freak accident. Anderson threw it, and Chris responded with a technique that has the possibility of leading to your opponent fucking up their own leg.
    Well, as Weidman just said in the press conference "It wasn't an accident, I blocked it on purpose".

Herb Dean is the best ref in the business hands down. He understands that a fighter such as Silva can recover and he gave him the chance. He did recover quickly but he just didn't have any control after that. Herb Dean did an amazing job and that is why he is the best ref in the business. Look at the Browne VS Overeem fight - If the ref stopped that fight and didn't give him a chance it would have ended in a totally different way. Silva got checked, that isn't Herbs fault.

Before a fight the ref goes to the dressing room/fighter prep area and talks to each fighter and they communicate the fighters wishes and the ref lets them understand that they need to stay active and all that good stuff. When you have a fighter like Silva you don't just end the fight because of a knockdown - he recovered within seconds and that is what makes him who he is, the GOAT.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.ufc.com/news/ufc-168-stat...anderson-silva

Zuffa, LLC, owner of the Ultimate Fighting Championship®, released the following statement regarding Anderson Silva's injury.

"Following Saturday evening's UFC 168 main event, former champion Anderson Silva was taken to a local Las Vegas hospital where he underwent surgery to repair a broken left leg. The successful surgery, performed by Dr. Steven Sanders, the UFC's orthopedic surgeon, inserted an intramedullary rod into Anderson's left tibia. The broken fibula was stabilized and does not require a separate surgery. Anderson will remain in the hospital for a short while, but no additional surgery is scheduled at this time. Recovery time for such injuries may vary between three and six months.

"Anderson is deeply touched by the outpouring of support from his fans and the entire MMA community. There has been no immediate decision about his future, and he would kindly ask for privacy at this time as he deals with his injury and prepares to return home to recover.

Deleted
    I wonder if we will see him ever again. Let's say it takes 4-5 months to heal, that means he can not train at all during that time. And after that he has to train insanly hard to get back in the shape he was. He is 38 years old. Even though the injury wont be that long I have a hard time seeing him in the octagon before his 40th birthday.