Thread: The UFC Thread

Think of it this way. There was ALOT of talk of a GSP vs Anderson Silva superfight. There was never, ever talk about Anderson Silva going down to WW to fight GSP. It was ALWAYS GSP going up to Middleweight to fight Anderson Silva. Why? Because for one, Anderson couldn't make WW, and for two, GSP was beating everyone at WW.

If you clean out your division you move to a different division. Thats the way it is in boxing too. That is why people are talking about Jon Jones going to HW. Thats why people talk about fights like Conor McGregor vs a LW champ. Thats why people ask about Weidman going up to fight Jon Jones (this came up recently and both fighters said they would do it). Look at how many divisions fighters like Pac or Mayweather have been in. It's hard to find a fighter who hasn't fought in multiple divisions if they were a dominate champion.

Like I said though, there is no 145 div in the UFC for women's mma. If she is coming in she has to challenge Rousey at Rousey's weight.
    Last edited by Vampiroth; 2015-03-15 at 06:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck laflare getting dominated atm

- - - Updated - - -

What a Terrible round five.., flop flop flop

- - - Updated - - -

Laflare lost, thought he would keep it going, guess not
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    What the fuck laflare getting dominated atm

- - - Updated - - -

What a Terrible round five.., flop flop flop

- - - Updated - - -

Laflare lost, thought he would keep it going, guess not
    I get that LaFlare was a top prospect but the guy has no notable wins and just stepped in against a guy that once fought (albeit a very laughable fight) for the 185 lb title. Look who Maia has lost to in his career: Silva, Munoz, Weidman, Shields, MacDonald. Look who LaFlare has beat: Howard & Court. That was a fight he wasn't even close to a favorite in as far as I'm concerned and it reminds me of the DC/Cummins fight where we are watching a guy that is arguably a top 5 contender against a guy who has never even faced a top 15 in his career. I'm not trying to bash on LaFlare too hard but how are you surprised he got ground out by Maia when he has never finished a fight in his UFC career while Maia is quite well known for his ability to smother unlike anyone else pretty much.

10+ Year Old Account
    you know, that is true. Guess I should have seen his first loss coming lol, but fuck, it was so dominant...nobody could have expected that!

I wouldn't have scored even HALF a round for LaFlare!

- - - Updated - - -

Your argument about no favorite didn't seem to be vegas' opinion, they had LaFlare as the favorite by quite a bit lol. Luckily I had no money on this, because I would have been wrong.
    You're a towel.

you know, that is true. Guess I should have seen his first loss coming lol, but fuck, it was so dominant...nobody could have expected that!

I wouldn't have scored even HALF a round for LaFlare!

- - - Updated - - -

Your argument about no favorite didn't seem to be vegas' opinion, they had LaFlare as the favorite by quite a bit lol. Luckily I had no money on this, because I would have been wrong.
    I think Vegas values undefeated fighters too highly. There was no way I would ever put a guy that is #14 (somehow) coming off wins over 2 tomato cans as a favorite over a guy who has only ever lost to the best fighters in the world. Look at who Maia has faced in his defeats, guys that are champions (Silva, Weidman) or a guy that will be a future champion (Rory), or even just his random opponents like Fitch, Chael, Dong Hyun Kim, Rick Story, Mark Munoz, Quarry, Marquardt, these are guys that were some of the best at their time. It actually blows my mind that Vegas would have him as a favorite considering that McGregor (who is significantly more dominant than LaFlare) was something like a +200 or +300 underdog against Poirier in that bout.

10+ Year Old Account
    They probably do put to much of a modifier on being undefeated.
    You're a towel.

Maia has some of the best Jits in the game. he put on a clinic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    Maia has some of the best Jits in the game. he put on a clinic.
    It was pretty much an utter domination. Hated fifth round, but I guess he knew he won so he could just kind of flop around the entire time ;P
    You're a towel.

How could anything else be expected though? You pit a guy who is #7 and top 5 could be argued against a guy who is somehow #14 despite only having wins over guys that have never been been off a prelim I'm fairly sure? The fact that this guy was #14 blows my mind because he isn't even some crazy knockout artist or submission artist...he grinds wins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it was rigged by the mafia in vegas to a lot of people would bet on a "favorite" that had no chance! *Mindblown*
    You're a towel.

Maybe it was rigged by the mafia in vegas to a lot of people would bet on a "favorite" that had no chance! *Mindblown*
    Or maybe people are stupid and assume that a guy approaching 40 had no chance against a top prospect.
    Last edited by Novx; 2015-03-24 at 06:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    Or maybe people are stupid and assume that a guy approaching 40 had to chance against a top prospect.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...way-of-success

- - - Updated - - -

Age aint nothing but a number
    You're a towel.

i know it was a while ago now but i cant believe how RDA trucked Showtime

Looks like TJ is out of UFC 186 with a fractured rib

Wow, dem hellbows from Cro Cop!!!!

My predictions on Sat were perfect up until Cub got smashed and then Machida got annihilated. Damn. Paige looked good as hell though, mauled the fuck out of Herrig.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Idk whats up with Cub. Maybe Frankie stole his soul. Never been a fan of Machida personally. And Paige is tenacious. If you saw that girl in public you would never assume she was a professional cage fighter. She's actually really good looking too.

Apparently, Cub broke his jaw and hand in the fight. He seemed THERE in the intros, but then IT was gone and Max dominated him.

Paige is fairly... normal, unassuming. Cute, tiny, but yeah... she had some absurd amount of strikes, like nearly 200.

That was my favorite fight of the night. The Vanzant vs Herrig fight. In the first round you could tell that Herrig was physically stronger than Vanzant, but I love how much heart Paige showed and just turned it up and beat Herrig's ass. You know its a beating when judges actually score it 30-26. That takedown by Vanzant was nasty!

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    You know its a beating when judges actually score it 30-26.
    I told roommate it was 30-27 across the board before the announcement, but TWO 30-26s... goddamn, that's an ass beating.

How do you think she'd have done in the Ultimate Fighter show? She was too young to go, but after seeing what she did to Felice... if should could have survived the first couple matches, I think she'd have been fighting Carla for the belt, instead of Rose.