Thread: The UFC Thread

Pretty boring fights to be honest, was expecting more, oh well

A couple of maulings, nice. I liked that the polish chick won. Both fighters seems shit though.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

So Silva vs Bisping is now a thing. Lots of thoughts on this one floating around my drunken noodle at the moment:

- It's on Fight Pass.....uhhhhhh, wut? Is the UFC being cautious if Silva pops hot again?

- Belfort v. Silva II isn't going to happen, so are the UFC looking to grant Rockhold's request of a rematch with Cheator?

- Chris is no longer the champ, obviously, and Bisping is a name to start a push back towards title contention for Silva.

- They're just trying to up Fight Pass subs.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    So Silva vs Bisping is now a thing. Lots of thoughts on this one floating around my drunken noodle at the moment:

- It's on Fight Pass.....uhhhhhh, wut? Is the UFC being cautious if Silva pops hot again?

- Belfort v. Silva II isn't going to happen, so are the UFC looking to grant Rockhold's request of a rematch with Cheator?

- Chris is no longer the champ, obviously, and Bisping is a name to start a push back towards title contention for Silva.

- They're just trying to up Fight Pass subs.
    I thought Yoel got a title shot vs Rockhold earlier this week for the near future at least. I'd love to see Jacare vs Weidman personally. That division is kind of weak right now all things considered. Doubt Romero will be a big challenge to Rockhold but you never know with someone in that great of shape. Jacare would be an interesting fight but he hasn't earned anything just yet. I was a huge Silva fan back when he was dominating and it'd be a damn shame to see him get Chuck Liddell'd, my other alltime favourite fighter. Think it's why they're giving him these fights that look easy on paper, hoping people will buy fight pass.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    So Silva vs Bisping is now a thing
    Depends on which version of either fighter shows up. If it's both of their best selves, it may be one of the best fights of 2016. If it's their worst, it will be one of the most horrible to watch fights ever aired live.
    BAD WOLF

On the verge of a pretty hype fight this weekend. Hoping Condit pulls it off, but I like Lawler too. Has the potential to be even more exciting than Lawler v. McDonald.

Oh, and war Arlovski!!! Hope he's trained harder for Stipe than he did for Mir, because Stipe is no joke.

Fedor's fight went as expected..

Quote Originally Posted by deeyar View Post
    Well I mean the guy had 2 mma fights...

Quote Originally Posted by deeyar View Post
    Really? I thought Jaideep Singh had a real chance to die in the encounter. I didn't expect he would even be breathing after that...Honestly that was a dumber matchup than Correia and Rousey...

wow what a fight.

- - - Updated - - -

what the hell? Thought Condit would win. Anyways great fight.

Yeah, bullshit outcome.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    highway robbery but my god what a fight. Lawler is the man.

I definitely had Carlos up 3 rounds, but this is the 2nd fight that Robbie won by turning it on in the last round.

That middle round was the toss up, but the volume of Condit should've won the rounds he didn't get popped. That last 2 minutes was nuts.

Sad that AA lost, but Dillashaw v. Cruz still on the horizon; hoping Cruz reclaims what's his.

AA got wrecked pretty quickly. This'll be Dillashaw's second straight Fight Night title fight? Think he gets Faber next, if he wins?

10+ Year Old Account
    Carlos Condit is my favorite fighter for a damn good reason. This was a beautifully brutal fight.

Wrong champ got crowned though.
    | Happiness is the best revenge |

Lawler vs Condit was a very interesting fight. My feelings are that the pitter patter shots werent enough for the Judges to give to Condit and with Lawler clearly winning the 5th. It pulled him through. Like others have said, the 3rd round was very close and when its that hard to determine who won the round, its usually going to the Champ.

Im a big Lawler fan but... He might have gotten away with one there.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    AA got wrecked pretty quickly. This'll be Dillashaw's second straight Fight Night title fight? Think he gets Faber next, if he wins?
    Even if Dillashaw loses he'll get Faber next. That fight has all that "he stabbed me in the back" drama going for it that the UFC will cling to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    Lawler vs Condit was a very interesting fight. My feelings are that the pitter patter shots werent enough for the Judges to give to Condit and with Lawler clearly winning the 5th. It pulled him through. Like others have said, the 3rd round was very close and when its that hard to determine who won the round, its usually going to the Champ.

Im a big Lawler fan but... He might have gotten away with one there.
    I had him losing the 2nd Hendricks fight too, but he pulled it out via the same flurry in the 5th round, but of course I'm not going to hold judge's decisions against the fighter it favors, and I like Robbie as champ. I hope we see Diaz v. Lawler II sometime in the near future if Diaz can beat the suspension against him.
    Last edited by nbm02ss; 2016-01-03 at 06:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    That's fine, but everyone was saying this kind of stuff about Aldo and it turned out to be bunk. Even saying Frankie won't use the same mistake Aldo did, yet Conor got in Aldo's head and he got wrecked.

Really saying things like this to refute someone's success is pointless. When one claim is debunked, the next pop up "yeah well this was a fluke and ok ok, but this next guy...no way he gets past this next guy". I'm not foolish to think McGregor can back up his claims forever, but it's sure exciting to watch. And if he starts a streak like GSP or Silva, sure someone will have his number...but people said they would get beat every single fight too.

It's like guess the same thing each time and eventually you'll be right, but what's the point of continuing to say it in the meantime?
    I'm not everybody. I never said Aldo would do a clean sweep anywhere, nor did I say that to refute Conor's success against him so I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't insinuate that. But what I DO know is that Conor struggles on the ground, and the Mendes fight cemented that theory for me. I stand by my previous post - Conor will struggle against Frankie if he doesn't end it decisively and I'll come back and eat a big, juicy, dead crow in this thread if I'm wrong.
    | Happiness is the best revenge |