Thread: The UFC Thread

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know fighters say this stuff all the time, but it's disappointing to know the emotional toll losing put on Condit after that fight...especially after he was robbed: Condit contemplating retirement.
    BAD WOLF

Robbie Lawler is never in a boring fight. I did have Condit winning that decision, though. Fight that close should be done again. I'm worried about Lawlers well being when he gets older, god damn he gets in some wars.

While I agree that it probably should have gone to Condit I think it is absurd to call it a robbery. The Jon Jones / Gustafsson fight was a robbery, the Hendricks/GSP fight was a robbery, this was a fucking war where regardless of who won there would have been people calling it a robbery because of how fucking good that fight was and how much each of them put into it.

Dana White confirms Holly Holm will fight before Ronda Rousey rematch.

Maybe RR will be out much longer than originally anticipated, or maybe she said/did something and the UFC isn't 100% confident that she'll be back.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/jeremybotter/sta...88570525859841

RDA is a nightmare matchup for Conor

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    https://twitter.com/jeremybotter/sta...88570525859841

RDA is a nightmare matchup for Conor
    It really is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't people said the same thing about his last five fights?

And how is "the woman who rousey destroyed vs. the woman who beat rousey" a good match? Should be a slaughter
    You're a towel.

Say Conor beats Dos Anjos in 1-2 rounds... then what? They strip a belt, let Edgar and Aldo fight for it, would they let him carry to weight classes, if willing to defend both (meaning at least 4 fights a year)?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    would they let him carry to weight classes, if willing to defend both (meaning at least 4 fights a year)?
    Yes, especially since he's done it in his previous organization. Conor is in a position to do what he wants. If he wants to move up and hold both belts, his only responsibility is making weight as far as 'being able' to do it. Until he loses, that is.
    BAD WOLF

He is going to keep the belts for both weight classes.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Haven't people said the same thing about his last five fights?

And how is "the woman who rousey destroyed vs. the woman who beat rousey" a good match? Should be a slaughter
    Always fun to watch a Holm fight regardless, shes a beast of a boxer. RDA is actually the worst matchup for Conor, he can stick to him like glue and has the KO power to finish him too. Mendes laid the blueprint on how to beat McGregor, we'll see how it actually plays out. I think Khabib is another hellish matchup for him but he doesn't have the knockout potential to finish Conor. I've doubted him vs Aldo but RDA is a whole other beast. Style wise, Aldo is a fight that is a toss up on paper but this Dos Anjos / McGregor fight should be in favour of RDA. I'm convinced Conor knocks Frankie out though, but that's just what I think and I've been wrong more than I've been right

Frankie is getting screwed, but I'll still watch the RDA vs Conor fight. Conor is roughly the same height and has a 4" reach advantage on RDA, so I honestly don't think it's a bad matchup for Conor, at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    MMA math is bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    He is going to keep the belts for both weight classes.
    Here's to hoping that if he does beat RDA he doesn't get seriously injured, because that would hold up two weight classes.

What title fights are coming up?

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Whatever dana white will think will make most money.

So only pretty white people fighting most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    There's the BW title this weekend. My boy Cruz is about to reclaim his throne.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    What exactly is that supposed to mean? You think because white people are the "majority" its okay to make racist remarks towards them?

And of course they are going to make the fights that generate the most money, the UFC is a business. They have to make profit. Plus, Dana White doesn't do the scheduling. At the end of the day that decision goes to Lorenzo.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Whatever dana white will think will make most money.

honestly, whites seem to be the minority in the sport. brazilians seem to be the most numerous and blacks in second.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    honestly, whites seem to be the minority in the sport. brazilians seem to be the most numerous and blacks in second.
    Why did UFC release video of Aldo crying on the mats after mcgregor loss? Also a 10 year champion that doesnt get a rematch after hes healed from his KO.

Why are Rousey and Mcgregor UFC cover stars?

If you think them being attractive and white has nothing to do with it. Then keep living in your nice bubble.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    What exactly is that supposed to mean? You think because white people are the "majority" its okay to make racist remarks towards them?
    Racism is never cool, thats why I'm calling out the UFC. Also I'm white so I can say what I want about white people thank you very much. Not my fault you assume I'm spanish/brazilian or something because of my user name which is one of the most famous football players ever lol.

Uh, didn't Jon Jones practically get shoved down everyone's throat before the hit and run incident? Not to mention Cain was marketed pretty hard to the latino communities. I'm a huge Aldo fan, but the UFC not giving Aldo a rematch is because he isn't a draw. It's not about race, it's about who generates the most $$$ these days.

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Uh, didn't Jon Jones practically get shoved down everyone's throat before the hit and run incident? Not to mention Cain was marketed pretty hard to the latino communities. I'm a huge Aldo fan, but the UFC not giving Aldo a rematch is because he isn't a draw. It's not about race, it's about who generates the most $$$ these days.
    Then look at how they treated Jon Jones after shit hits the fan. They just use these athletes to milk as much money as possible not giving a crap about them as people then dump and discard them when they lose or are not as bankable.