Thread: The UFC Thread

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my god that was the worst fight I've ever seen

That was hot garbage. Holy fuck. That was bad even by freakshow standards.

Bellator needs to burn.
    Last edited by nbm02ss; 2016-02-20 at 05:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    That was hot garbage. Holy fuck. That was bad even by freakshow standards.

Bellator needs to burn.
    Meet the UFCs "Biggest Rival" - Grandpa Gracie and Poppa Shamrock of Retirement Home B featuring 2 street brawlers with a combined age of 80. For a company that was built on the premise of making fights that are deserved and not popularity contests (See: Bethe "the Tomato Can" Correia) Bellator has honestly become the biggest joke I have ever seen. It isn't even that they put on fights like this but it is that they actually bill them higher than their championship bouts.

If someone can actually tell me how Ortiz/Bonnar(a novelty fights beyond the likes of anything other than possibly Gracie/Shamrock) featuring the 2 biggest stars (in my opinion) that Bellator has (Chandler/Brooks), two guys that in my opinion could hang with probably any lightweight in the UFC outside of maybe RDA, McGregor (I say this just because he is technically speaking a lightweight now as well), Khabib, and Alvarez (admittedly Chandler does have a win over Alvarez but I feel he is a much more complete fighter now and if they were to have a rubber match he would likely win again), I would love to hear the justification because the shit that Bellator pulls is actually just fucking disgusting.

If you (not you specifically, but speaking as a general statement) think the UFC is fucked up with politics I can't even put into words how fucked up Bellator is. They went from a contender or at least a small rival to a fucking second rate freak show within a matter of 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    not a chance especially with the shit going on with the odds in that fight its got fix written all over it
    What were the odds on it?

Bellator's current business model just isn't marketed towards the more devoted, "hardcore", of MMA fans. This mess probably drew significantly more eyeballs than any of the events when Bjorn was still at the helm, and that's all Viacom cares about.

The co and main felt like satire; hilariously bad.
    Last edited by nbm02ss; 2016-02-20 at 04:57 PM.

I'm actually shocked they (Bellator) let the UFC take CM Punk. Could have had a 1v1v1 CM Punk VS John Cena VS The Undertaker cage match at Bellator 151 for the Bellator Triple Threat World Championship Belt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dos anjos pulls out of the fight...yet another "injury withdrawal" for someone against mcgrgor lol.
    You're a towel.

You're not honestly suggesting RDA is ducking McGregor, are you?

You're not honestly suggesting RDA is ducking McGregor, are you?
    I'm not surprised. Maybe just a little.

Now, give us Pettis or Diaz vs McGregor. See McGregor get handled properly lol 10 seconds, Conor wrecks Nates jaw like he did to Aldo, Diaz just shakes his head like "nah bruh, I ain't that dude" and we have a fucking 25 minute brawl.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I tihnk what's more interesting is that everyone mentioned as a replacement has every excuse possible not to fight. Aldo? Nope, not enough time to train for him even though he trained for him for like years now. Edgar? Nah...I'm injured too.

Like...are fighters starting to get legitimately scared of McGregor? What's the downside in losing to him? You make a lot of money and people recognize you lost to a supreme fighter. Upside is that you are the first person to take McGregor out and make even more money.If I were a fighter I would be begging Dana for a shot against him.

There's almost no reason not to fight him unless you are that afraid of losing.
    BAD WOLF

Cerrone is campaigning hard as a replacement for RDA. Nate Diaz's name being thrown around, too.

Deleted
    Id stay away from Diaz until we can get the full amount of shit talking from them both, it would be a waste for it to be a short notice fight. Give him Cowboy, bad fight for Cowboy, but he's eager.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cerrone is campaigning hard as a replacement for RDA. Nate Diaz's name being thrown around, too.
    Yeah he's like the only one I see actively trying to fight him. Diaz is trying to act like McGregor would need to beg him for a fight, but let's be real.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Darzhan View Post
    Id stay away from Diaz until we can get the full amount of shit talking from them both, it would be a waste for it to be a short notice fight.
    My goodness, the amount of trash talking would be legendary. I can see them getting into fights every damn press conference.

https://twitter.com/RdosAnjosMMA/sta...15410008322049

Seems like they're going for a Nate Diaz match up at the moment.
    https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/sta...01900222439425

It's official, McGregor v. Diaz at WW.
    Last edited by nbm02ss; 2016-02-24 at 04:23 AM.

This is going to be good!

Nate Diaz's name is being thrown around by none other than Nate Diaz. When I saw that he got pulled I immediately said to myself "Well, Cerrone fought a few days ago, I'm sure hes willing to go again. I think that fight will pull more numbers than RDA quite frankly because Cerrone is not only a great promoter but a huge fan favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Dos anjos pulls out of the fight...yet another "injury withdrawal" for someone against mcgrgor lol.
    You are nuts. The guy broke his foot....you don't intentionally break your foot when you are a legitimate favorite in a fight....or ever.

https://twitter.com/RdosAnjosMMA/sta...15410008322049

Seems like they're going for a Nate Diaz match up at the moment.
    https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/sta...01900222439425

It's official, McGregor v. Diaz at WW.

What a shame. Just watched the DW interview...LOL..BJ Penn wanted that fight. Look, I would love for BJ to come back and just be a monster but that dude has problems man. His second to last fight may have been the saddest UFC fight in history and his last wasn't much better. That mixed with this drama about him on drugs he needs to keep his head down and just shuffle off for a bit.
    Last edited by Novx; 2016-02-24 at 07:27 AM.

The downside is that the main event at a PPV isn't even a title fight? That's totally shitting on Holly and Ronda lmao lmao I love it. That's some Bellator shit. haha

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    The downside is that the main event at a PPV isn't even a title fight? That's totally shitting on Holly and Ronda lmao lmao I love it. That's some Bellator shit. haha
    You mean Tate and Holm?

Yep, I meant Ronda in the "OMG she's soooooo great, but wait, the chick that trounced her isn't even getting main event status.... lulz", not in that they were fighting each other.

I cant wait for the UFC press today from open work outs today. Shits about to get bananas boys!