Thread: The UFC Thread

Page 7 of 197 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    8 day until UFC 141. I cant wait !

Friday, December 30th

Edit: UFC on FOX 2 promo

Last edited by pOO flinger; 2011-12-22 at 01:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

^ Awesome.

Damn I've been away too long, missed loads happening in this thread and some great fights which I'll have to find some links to somewhere. Any truly epic ones I should prioritise since I've been locked in a cabin in the woods?
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

10+ Year Old Account
    UFC 139 (the entire card) should be your #1 priority. There was not a single bad fight on that card and is one of the best UFC cards of all time. I will be buying UFC 139 as soon as it comes out on dvd.

UFC 141 Lesnar vs. Overeem is on Friday 7:00 pm pacific, 10:00 pm Eastern (U.S.) for the PPV. At the top of the page is a promo video for the fight.
    Last edited by pOO flinger; 2011-12-28 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    UFC 139 (the entire card) should be your #1 priority. There was not a single bad fight on that card and is one of the best UFC cards of all time. I will be buying UFC 139 as soon as it comes out on dvd.

UFC 141 Lesnar vs. Overeem is on Friday 7:00 pm pacific, 10:00 pm Eastern (U.S.) for the PPV. At the top of the page is a promo video for the fight.
    I'm so happy the UFC has the foresight to put this on the Friday before New Years Eve. I think it's safe to say that I would have been one of -many- people who would have not been able to watch it had it been on Saturday. I'll be too busy grilling steaks and getting hammered with friends. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have been the guy who had a UFC New Years Eve party lol. UFC, pizza, beer, snacks, and fireworks. That's my kinda New Years Eve party.

I would have been the guy who had a UFC New Years Eve party lol. UFC, pizza, beer, snacks, and fireworks. That's my kinda New Years Eve party.
    Unfortunately I'm virtually the only one in my circle of friends who cares about MMA and can watch a grappling war without resorting to gay jokes.

15+ Year Old Account
    As pumped as I am for Lesnar vs Overeem I can't see it being anything special, Lesnar has been out with possible life threatening shit and hasn't fought in a year or something and he's up against probably the best HW at the minute, as much as I like Lesnar I can't see him doing much unless he manages to pull Overeem down and GNP his ass but Overeem won't let that happen.

Am I the only one that thinks MMA is far from as exciting as it once was? back in the days of Pride you'd jizz your pants at those fights but you rarely get the same excitement in the UFC these days, in Pride it kinda felt like two guys in a ring wanting to murder eachother whereas in the UFC it's like two guys going into the cage to make sure they don't lose rather than making sure they win. I download the UFC shows now and skip about half of it if not more.

Kinda also sucks how all the big names everyone wants to see fight about three times a year, not really sure why fighters need such long breaks when sometimes they are doing two minutes of work, I mean come on, you're in a training camp for two months, fight for two minutes then won't fight again for about four months, you see the top guys for minutes and that's it.

Velasquez was the champion yet hadn't fought in a year before losing to JDS and that fight wasn't even two minutes long was it? massively hyped up fight for FOX and he was beaten by a punch that clipped him, you expect to see more from champions not two minutes worth of MMA in an entire year, JDS is one of the most exciting fighters at HW yet took a ten month break between his Nelson and Carwin fights then five months until he beat Velasquez.

It's bullshit, you wait eight months to see the big names in MMA fight and it lasts two minutes, pretty much sucks doesn't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Unfortunately I'm virtually the only one in my circle of friends who cares about MMA and can watch a grappling war without resorting to gay jokes.
    I am too. I got a couple friends that would watch an MMA fight if food and stuff was involved. It really sucks not knowing anybody that watches MMA. I was wearing one of my many Tapout shirts one day when a friend of mine asked me why do i wear a wrestling shirt, i swung around cause i was going to hit him but i backed off, he saw the angry look on my face and changed the subject.

I actually have a cousin that worked for security at MMA events in Idaho, that lucky son of a bitch.

I think i need to move to Vegas, the MMA capital lol.

---------- Post added 2011-12-28 at 06:54 PM ----------

Though Lesnar has been out for over a year and had a 12 inch section of his colon removed i think the extra time of did him some good to get more training in and really get prepared.

I personally think Lesnar has a decent chance of winning the fight, Overeem has too much muscle for his frame and his cardio is going to be complete shit (in my opnion). Overeem has not fought a guy as massive or as strong as Lesnar (correct me if i am wrong there) and has never fought a wrestler before lets also add in the fact that Lesnar is the fastest HW in the division. It is my personal belief that if Overeem can not KO/TKO Lesnar early on in the fight then it will be Lesnar's fight to win. I have nothing against Overeem whatsoever and i am not a Lesnar fanboy, I do however, after quite alot thinking, personally believe that the fight tips in Lesnar's favor ever so slightly.

Pride was fucking amazing. I think most MMA fans that watched Pride when it was around would rather have it around than UFC. Though i miss Pride i will not bitch about UFC. The UFC puts on great fights for its fans and is by far the best promotion right now. Though Pride isn't around anymore we shouldn't complain because MMA is still an amazing sport and should be appreciated and respected.

The big name fighters get paid a shit load of money and having them fight many times per year means alot more money the UFC has to shell out for them. You also have to take into account that fighters also take time between fights and fight camps to spend time with their family and take a bit of a vacation, alot of the time fighters will spend a very long time away from their family while they train at camps for their fights and that is very hard on the fighter and their family, especially if they have children. We should not expect fighters to do a fight every other month or so, those guys put their health on the line to support their families and provide us with badass entertainment and they deserve to take a little bit of time off between fights. Injuries and fighter availability also play a big role in fighters not fighting a whole lot each year. If you win a fight at the top of your division and the only fighter available to fight soon is at the bottom and you injure yourself training for that fight or during that fight that's a big problem if you should be fighting better opponents or getting a title shot which would then cause more delays with fights. Also take into account scheduling MMA events which takes alot of time, work and money, not to mention people only being able to afford to watch so many fights.

There is always a story or a reason behind everything, we just need to take a step back and think about it before jumping to conclusions.

I was in a bar last Thursday and they had Fuel TV on half of their monitors, i saw Fuel advertising old Pride fights that will be played in 2012 as well as old rivalries like Liddell vs. Oritz. Sure glad i have Fuel TV

---------- Post added 2011-12-29 at 12:25 PM ----------

Anybody wanna share their predictions for Overeem vs. Lesnar?
    Last edited by pOO flinger; 2011-12-30 at 12:12 AM.

Speaking of Pride, I'll just leave this here. Seriously one of the funniest things I've ever read online:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/worst-li...fujitas-skull/

10+ Year Old Account
    That is the most amazing thing i have ever read! OMG! Thank you so much for sharing that LOL!

That is the most amazing thing i have ever read! OMG! Thank you so much for sharing that LOL!
    Another good one: http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-5-gr...n-mma-history/

And one more, but this is centered around kick-boxing (I do love me some K-1): http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-10-m...oxing-history/
    Last edited by nbm02ss; 2011-12-30 at 04:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahaha! those are too good! UFC 92 was the best day of Rampage's life and he will probably never be happier than he was that day lol. He didn't just knock Wandy out, he knocked him the fuck out!

LMAO @ Arianny's face.

http://middleeasy.com/images/stories...ny-overeem.gif

Changed to link. Too large.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2011-12-30 at 09:22 PM.

Anybody wanna share their predictions for Overeem vs. Lesnar?
    Overeem all the way. Lesnar is on a down slope.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL that's pretty good nbm.

As for the Overeem vs Lesnar fight: I think that if Overeem is unable to KO/TKO Brock early in the fight then he will gas and get GnP'ed by Brock with Brock taking the win. That is of course if Brock doesn't get KO'ed/TKO'ed.

Overeem seems to have too much muscle for his frame and i think his cardio will be crap, also he has never faced a wrestler before (correct me if i am wrong there) and has never faced a guy as big, strong, or as fast as Lesnar. I give a slight edge to Lesnar.

Those are just my opinions on the fight and i am sure everyone else will disagree with me lol. Heck i could be totally wrong and Lesnar will get his ass kicked. Brock better have worked on his reactions to getting hit cause he is going against one dangerous striker.
    ^ my thoughts on the fight. Everyone is underestimating Brock. People need to not hate on his abilities because he is a very capable fighter, but if people are going to hate on him for anything, hate his unprofessional attitude.

Spike TV is playing Best of Pride and UFC Unleashed all day FUCK YA!
    Last edited by pOO flinger; 2011-12-30 at 09:05 PM.

Overeem should win due to is a more complete fighter.... but you know ina fight anything can happen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodrox View Post
    Overeem should win due to is a more complete fighter.... but you know ina fight anything can happen
    Which is why i will never bet on an MMA fight ever.
    Last edited by pOO flinger; 2011-12-30 at 10:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have nothing against Overeem at all but i would like to see Brock KO him standing up just to quiet all the haters making ignorant comments. Brock's stand up is horrible though so i doubt that would happen lol. Whatever the outcome i think this could be a pretty good fight.

Yeah gonna have to disagree with lesnar proving himself. There is a certain amount of physics that can't be avoided when referring to this mammoth of a human being. He's usually considerably heavier than his opponent giving him a sprawl advantage on the ground. As to his "skill" , he's not that well conditioned or that great of a striker. Dana has yet to find a compareble opponent just in the size regard. As for skill he has fought more skilled opponents yes, but the way he almost always wins is due to his size.