Thread: The UFC Thread

Benson and Frankie tonight. I got Benson on this.

Quote Originally Posted by zandril View Post
    Benson and Frankie tonight. I got Benson on this.
    lol, I think that everyone does. What's crazy though, a lot of "experts" think that Benson would get destroyed by BJ Penn, and yet BJ Penn cannot beat Frankie. It's like Frankie is BJ's Kryptonite or something.

Not everyone, I got Edgar.

Edgar got his ass whooped badly the last time, why is this even a rematch? Benson didnt take a scratch. Hard to believe the free card last weekend was better than a $55 ppv.

I know it is common to want to see a fight judged based on damage, but this is a good fight to show why it shouldn't. Most of the damage was done by the one up-kick. If it was so one sided, he should have been able to finish it. It was a good call to have a rematch on this one, and we may very well see a different outcome this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Henderson vs Edgar II

I gave rounds 2, 4, and 5 to Frankie. I'm going to need to watch the fight a second time to really give a solid opinion on the fight. I personally feel like Frankie won and I'm sure lots of people will disagree. What pissed me off though is when Bendo dropped his hands and started to get cocky, I hardly have any respect left for him at all after pulling stupid crap like that.

Guillard vs Cerrone

DAMN! From the moment Guillard landed that left hand till the end of the fight I was screaming "holy shit!"

I love reading the youtube comments while waiting for the post-fight presser
    Last edited by pOO flinger; 2012-08-12 at 05:11 AM.

bummed frankie lost but he'll rebound for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Without a doubt, Frankie has the heart of a lion.

10+ Year Old Account
    i am guessing he drops to 145 after that

10+ Year Old Account
    Frankie looked pretty bummed after the fight and I'm sure he will talk with his camp about 145. I do no think he will go down to 145. I expect him to just train even harder, pack on more muscle and stay at 155.

Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    Frankie looked pretty bummed after the fight and I'm sure he will talk with his camp about 145. I do no think he will go down to 145. I expect him to just train even harder, pack on more muscle and stay at 155.
    I also thought he should stay at 155 but the issue would be how many fights would he need to fight for the title again? The division has been held up for quite some time but if he decided to move down pretty sure instant title fight. I know he is still a top contender at 155 it just after this loss even though imo he should have won he is in a really awkward position in his career right now. I would however love to see Aldo vs Edgar.

It was close, but I guess it's bound to happen when you live on the edge of winning close decisions (sans the 3rd Maynard fight).

10+ Year Old Account
    According to Dana, if Frankie were to drop to 145 he would need at least 1 fight before getting a shot at Aldo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chael Sonnen to Meet Forrest Griffin in Light Heavyweight Bout on December 29

I'm not even sure what to think about this yet, this was totally unexpected.

Watched edgar/henderson last night and it was much closer than the first fight. The first judge who scored it 49-46 really should be looked into. Benson was in the bud light blue circle 90% of the time (controlling the octagon). The current champ was the winner of this one, if this were the first fight, frankie would still be champ.

I still dont like seeing people the size of school kids fighting in main events, they cant hurt each other, its boring.

Still dont understand how edgar is ranked in the top10 pound for pound when he only won 1 of his last 4 fights.

I like henderson but didnt like the way he abused the one hand on the mat to avoid the knee's. They should change that to one knee also has to be on ground. I dont do mma, did frankie possibly miss a choke/arm opportunity when benson was extending his arm to the mat? A dominate position shouldnt be countered so easily.
    Last edited by chadwix; 2012-08-17 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Watched edgar/henderson last night and it was much closer than the first fight. The first judge who scored it 49-46 really should be looked into. Benson was in the bud light blue circle 90% of the time (controlling the octagon). The current champ was the winner of this one, if this were the first fight, frankie would still be champ.

I still dont like seeing people the size of school kids fighting in main events, they cant hurt each other, its boring.

Still dont understand how edgar is ranked in the top10 pound for pound when he only won 1 of his last 4 fights.
    Trust me bro i know the feel the main event for Toronto is benavidez and Johnson I've been to both events in Toronto and was like wtf and after the BJ Penn and Rory fight got scratched due to Rorys injury i was like fuck this aint going.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone check out Strikeforce tonight? Highlight reel KO in the first fight of the main card.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Anyone check out Strikeforce tonight? Highlight reel KO in the first fight of the main card.
    I think I missed the first couple fights. OPS's KO was brutal, Tate vs Kedzie was a great fight, and Jacare's KO was pretty awesome as well.

Good SF card all around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Good SF card all around.
    Without a doubt.

Rousey is such a beast. I think she might have an arm fetish. All 6 wins by armbar, that's just crazy.

OSP KO gif

Jacare KO video

I love MMA forums so much sometimes!

Quote Originally Posted by The Sza View Post
    Barney would be top 3 heavyweight in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHouse View Post
    LOL, with that reach? GTFO.
    Monster legs and a tail that would wreck legs worse then Aldo leg kicks. Not to mention is overly sized cranium and tiny brain which probably means impossible to knock out.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHouse View Post
    He simply doesn't have the footwork to get inside and use that power advantage, he'd just get kept at bay by anyone with a decent Jab.
    Tail whips bro, more reach then everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by insomniatric View Post
    Barney has those oversized leg muscles and was (according to recent discoveries) quite explosive, he could shoot in for a double and LNP anyone to an easy victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilef View Post
    lol at you guys Barney is gatekeeper at best he probably couldnt even get passed big country
    Comon bro, Big Country is like a breakfast buffet for Barney.
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBomb View Post
    not sure if someone has stopped this trolling but this page cleary say that is not jon jones but a kid named Rickey Carter aka Gifted Tha Go-Gitta lol too funny so many responses thought it was real.
    We're passed that now, this discussion is now how good Barney would do in the HW division.
    Last edited by pOO flinger; 2012-08-19 at 06:43 AM.