Thread: The UFC Thread

Was a pretty good UFC card imo i dont think jones is gonna be beat for a long time honestly

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree.

Right now I still think Machida has the best chance to beat Jones, I'd love to see Hendo KO Jones but his chances aren't all that good.

Strikeforce event for this Saturday was cancelled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Melendez gets injured and Showtime decides not to air the event causing Zuffa to cancel it. That's pretty lame.

Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    Melendez gets injured and Showtime decides not to air the event causing Zuffa to cancel it. That's pretty lame.
    I don't like all these precedents being set. I hope they find a replacement for Cormier to face in November.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    How do all these fights manage to get hurt so often? Seems like every other event needs to be reworked because X fighter gets injured. It's getting more and more frequent too, causing us to lose some really quality matches. As much as I liked the Jones-Belfort fight, Jones vs Hendo would have been off the hook. Maybe it will still happen but with that arm bar it's not safe to say when we'll see Jon again. Also have another inquiry, I'd heard it before but just thought I'd check to see if any of you guys have anything official on it. GSP vs Anderson Silva has always been rumored but a friend of mine said Dana talked about it being a reality if Gsp beats Condit and if Silva beat Chael again. I'm assuming it would be the biggest fight in UFC history as far as global attention goes and we'd get to see 2 seemingly unbeatable dudes go at it. GSP has the right skill set to beat Silva imo, but I'm not sure if he could avoid the KO. Anyways, can anyone confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    How do all these fights manage to get hurt so often? Seems like every other event needs to be reworked because X fighter gets injured. It's getting more and more frequent too, causing us to lose some really quality matches. As much as I liked the Jones-Belfort fight, Jones vs Hendo would have been off the hook. Maybe it will still happen but with that arm bar it's not safe to say when we'll see Jon again. Also have another inquiry, I'd heard it before but just thought I'd check to see if any of you guys have anything official on it. GSP vs Anderson Silva has always been rumored but a friend of mine said Dana talked about it being a reality if Gsp beats Condit and if Silva beat Chael again. I'm assuming it would be the biggest fight in UFC history as far as global attention goes and we'd get to see 2 seemingly unbeatable dudes go at it. GSP has the right skill set to beat Silva imo, but I'm not sure if he could avoid the KO. Anyways, can anyone confirm?
    Could be the new insurance fighters get now, or could be that they usually don't start training until a couple months before a fight and they push themselves too hard during training, or a combination of the two. Apparently Vitor fought Bones with a broken hand he got during training.

For some reason I find it more entertaining to watch Ronda Rousey at the moment compared to any UFC fighter. I feel like GSP, Jones, Silva & Rousey will dominate the next couple of years, but Ronda has some new flavor!

Quote Originally Posted by JuRiOh View Post
    For some reason I find it more entertaining to watch Ronda Rousey at the moment compared to any UFC fighter. I feel like GSP, Jones, Silva & Rousey will dominate the next couple of years, but Ronda has some new flavor!
    Dunno about Rousey dominating with Sara McMann recently being signed by Strikeforce, and she's no joke: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sara_McMann

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait till Cyborg comes back!

GSP vs Silva.... im waiting for that

Dave Bautista making his MMA debut tonight for CES MMA. Wonder what sort of can they've got lined up for him to kick over?

Man, for a second it looked like the 300lbs guy they picked out of a local bar would put him out. Bautista has absolutely zero striking defense or offense. It was probably one of the uglier match ups I've ever watched.

On a positive note Aoki won his match with some beautiful grappling:

Last edited by nbm02ss; 2012-10-07 at 06:48 AM.

Good night of fights so far. Main card should be stellar!

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome night of fights. 100% worth the money.
    Glover vs Maldanado, damn!

10+ Year Old Account
    Pure dominance. It wasn't surprising that Silva won, but one strike after a couple minutes of toying with Bonnar was impressive.

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.n...onnar-knee.gif
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2012-10-15 at 05:26 PM.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

@ Trollsbane: You might want to just link that gif. I've been infracted before because they're apparently too large.

I think this was my favorite submission from 153, brutal stuff: http://middleeasy.com/images/stories.../10/brains.gif

Did anyone else feel that Fitch got robbed of a TKO? He pounded on Silva for at least a minute and a half and Silva was too gassed to do anything about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd have to re-watch the fight, though there were a couple times where I was expecting the fight to be stopped. Fitch completely broke Silva's will.

10+ Year Old Account
    That may of been the most solid card I have ever watched. Virtually no boring fight and a ton of fights could of been FotN candidates (although I think Maia got robbed out of SubotN. That was disgustingly beautiful).
    | Happiness is the best revenge |