The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Personally, I had it
    10-9 Aldo
    10-9 Aldo
    10-9 Edgar
    10-8 Edgar
    10-9 Edgar

He was fucking ROBBED. I went in not wanting either to lose, but that was just robbery.
    are u kidding me? i suggest u stop watching the fights with commentary cause joe rogan was on frankie edgar nuts all night. disgraceful.

anyway http://blog.fightmetric.com/2013/02/...tatistics.html

49-46 like 70% of people not bias by commentary saw it. it could have been a 48-47 but still would go for aldo. frankie edgar should learn how to punch and not just exhale with noise and hit air all night.

just look at the post fight intervew jose aldo doesnt have a scratch on him...
    Last edited by siafu; 2013-02-07 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by siafu View Post
    are u kidding me? i suggest u stop watching the fights with commentary cause joe rogan was on frankie edgar nuts all night. disgraceful.

anyway http://blog.fightmetric.com/2013/02/...tatistics.html

49-46 like 70% of people not bias by commentary saw it. it could have been a 48-47 but still would go for aldo. frankie edgar should learn how to punch and not just exhale with noise and hit air all night.

just look at the post fight intervew jose aldo doesnt have a scratch on him...

I don't listen to Joe Rogan commentary. He was on Aldo's nuts at the beginning of the fight, saying Edgar is about to go down. I laughed because Edgar didn't show that he was hurt at all while Rogan was screaming about him being hurt.

I counted it that way because of points. In a sport, you don't count damage in judging, you count points. And in pure points, he won the fight, but in damage, he lost.
    When you stop doing ANYTHING for minutes at a time in round 3/4/5, you should lose rounds 3/4/5. Edgar completely outpointed him.
    If you're going to judge one fight based on damage, you should judge ALL fights based on damage. And they didn't. It's biased towards Aldo.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonakat View Post
    I don't listen to Joe Rogan commentary. He was on Aldo's nuts at the beginning of the fight, saying Edgar is about to go down. I laughed because Edgar didn't show that he was hurt at all while Rogan was screaming about him being hurt.

I counted it that way because of points. In a sport, you don't count damage in judging, you count points. And in pure points, he won the fight, but in damage, he lost.
    When you stop doing ANYTHING for minutes at a time in round 3/4/5, you should lose rounds 3/4/5. Edgar completely outpointed him.
    If you're going to judge one fight based on damage, you should judge ALL fights based on damage. And they didn't. It's biased towards Aldo.
    I noticed the same thing and was like "wtf you smoking, Joe?"
    Click the picture

Quote Originally Posted by Not pOO flinger View Post
    I noticed the same thing and was like "wtf you smoking, Joe?"
    my cousin said it was because every time aldo kicked him, he moved his leg back.
    but he put it back immediately and he was able to move with no problem on it. so i don't see him being hurt.

I think with a little bit of training, he can start putting more power behind his punches. keep them fast, make them furious. he can easily win that belt.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    this is a very good case of selective memory anyway.... maybe u saw something that basically noone besides a Frankie Edgar hard fan saw.
    put this into perspective "the fight judges who sometimes fuck things up so bad so we have to take them with a grain of salt had 2x 49-46 1 had 48-47, sherdog play-by-play who's pretty accurate also had 49-46, fightmetric which is what everyone goes to also had 49-46 Aldo.

i like Frankie Edgar but he needs to plant his feet more when throwing punches this tip toe bouncing around works great in boxing and usually point fighting in general but it certainly doesn't work in mma. not when the guy he's fighting comes of the fight absolutely clean like he never got hit in the first place.
    he should adjust. do his thing moving around, but when he steps to punch plant he's feet and actually try to land with force. right now he mostly throws 1 2 with no power and fades with a leg kick, when his supporting foot is already fading away form the strike causing the leg kick to have no power as well.
    also when he gets a takedown he just should to at least somehow hold the guy on the ground for 30s making a point on the judges saying he's dictating where the fight is happening he's last fight he got 2 takedowns but the total fight time that happen on the floor was 3s. if ur a judge u should be thinking hes trying to get the fight tohe ground but he's unable to.

has for joe rogan comentary it's getting to the point its just shameful, he seems to pick a fighter and hang on his nut doesn't matter what's really happening.
    let's say he's fighter starts with a 1 2 combination 1st punch misses 2 punch grazes. 2nd fighter counters with a straight punch to his face. joe goes like he just landed that combination mike whoever is starting to fade ... even though eh didnt actually land a thing and got countered hard. mike goldberg is straight up useless he just hangs on joe's nut. everything joes say mike goes ur right yes it did ... joes does wonderfully when the fight hits the mat when but has far as standup goes he's horrible and ufc should get someone to replace mike that actually knows what he's talking about when standup is happening.

anyway aldo vs pettis is gonna be nothing short of spectacular
    arghhh i love mma :P
    Last edited by siafu; 2013-02-07 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by siafu View Post
    this is a very good case of selective memory anyway.... maybe u saw something that basically noone besides a Frankie Edgar hard fan saw.
    put this into perspective "the fight judges who sometimes fuck things up so bad so we have to take them with a grain of salt had 2x 49-46 1 had 48-47, sherdog play-by-play who's pretty accurate also had 49-46, fightmetric which is what everyone goes to also had 49-46 Aldo.

i like Frankie Edgar but he needs to plant his feet more when throwing punches this tip toe bouncing around works great in boxing and usually point fighting in general but it certainly doesn't work in mma. not when the guy he's fighting comes of the fight absolutely clean like he never got hit in the first place.
    he should adjust. do his thing moving around, but when he steps to punch plant he's feet and actually try to land with force. right now he mostly throws 1 2 with no power and fades with a leg kick, when his supporting foot is already fading away form the strike causing the leg kick to have no power as well.
    also when he gets a takedown he just should to at least somehow hold the guy on the ground for 30s making a point on the judges saying he's dictating where the fight is happening he's last fight he got 2 takedowns but the total fight time that happen on the floor was 3s. if ur a judge u should be thinking hes trying to get the fight tohe ground but he's unable to.

has for joe rogan comentary it's getting to the point its just shameful, he seems to pick a fighter and hang on his nut doesn't matter what's really happening.
    let's say he's fighter starts with a 1 2 combination 1st punch misses 2 punch grazes. 2nd fighter counters with a straight punch to his face. joe goes like he just landed that combination mike whoever is starting to fade ... even though eh didnt actually land a thing and got countered hard. mike goldberg is straight up useless he just hangs on joe's nut. everything joes say mike goes ur right yes it did ... joes does wonderfully when the fight hits the mat when but has far as standup goes he's horrible and ufc should get someone to replace mike that actually knows what he's talking about when standup is happening.

anyway aldo vs pettis is gonna be nothing short of spectacular
    arghhh i love mma :P

I was counting in pure points when I judged the fight. Pure point wise, there is no doubt Frankie won. But when you factor in damage, there is no doubt Aldo won. The main issue is, they're not supposed to count damage when they're judging, but they did for this fight. They did not for the Ian McCall fight the same night, he did the most damage hands down, but he lost point wise. The judges were biased, but I can also see how Aldo won the fight. It was very close, and people keep acting like Aldo won hands down, no competition.

I'm afraid of Aldo v Pettis.
    I would much rather have Aldo move up to 155 to fight Pettis after Pettis beats up on Bendo v Melendez winner. Why? Because it's a hard weight cut to 145 for Aldo and Pettis has never made that cut. He is pretty small though, so maybe he can do it and have good cardio. Aldo's cardio is trash at this division, I want him to move up while holding the FW belt and take th LW belt.

Also, I think Frankie beats anyone in the FW division and the BW division hands down, he just needs to get a better boxing coach. Most coaches are all about power AND speed, I know mine are. It's odd that they focus on his speed rather than both. He could easily get more power out of his punches and kicks, but he won't have as much energy.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 weeks to go for another Machida fight!

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    I laughed way too hard at this:

http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps00107d04.gif

And maybe the nastiest KO I think I've seen:

http://img.mixedmartialarts.com/meth...-53-53-323.gif
    Try and watch Pat Curran vs Joe Warren. Nastiest KO i've ever seen, should have been stopped 30 seconds before it did. Was just brutal.

That's hilarious.

And maybe the nastiest KO I think I've seen:

http://img.mixedmartialarts.com/meth...-53-53-323.gif
    Yikes.

This is still one of the nastiest KO's I've seen. http://www.myspace.com/video/motherf...s-jaw/42243735

Simmler's jaw was broken in 3 places and had to be wired shut for 6 months. He also had amnesia and couldn't remember a 6 month span of his life near the time of that KO.
    Click the picture

Was watching the Herd on ESPN this morning and Colin said Wrestling will be dropped starting with the 2020 Olympics. I assume they drop sports when they notice their popularity tanks as I dont think they would drop something that was present during the very first Olympics without a reason. Im pretty sure Boxing, barring some miraculous resurgence in popularity in the next decade is next on the list. Will this lead to finally seeing MMA as an Olympic Sport? There are already enough countries producing good fighters and its a sport people want to see.

That's pretty messed up! How about they take away synchronized swimming instead.

I think it will be a while before we ever see MMA as an Olympic sport.
    Click the picture

They removed MMA as a Olympic Sport over a 100 years ago. It was called Pankration and it was an ancient Greek sport that allowed wrestling, submissions, and boxing/striking. Since modern boxing wasn't invent then, it was just pure striking. They said it was too violent. Maybe they'll bring it back and maybe Muay Thai and Brazilian JuJitsu as new sports in the Olympics.

The wrestling people will have a chance to petition getting it back into the games (aka bribe or no). Someone said it was the first olympic sport, a shame how corrupt the ioc has allowed to become.

Cain vs bigfoot again, way to soon for my likings after the beatdown a few months ago.

Three more rounds togo from the ppv, aside from bigfoot's fight it has been very boring (ff through the first two fights). Jon jones ruined evans, he was just standing there the whole fight, zzz. Looking forward to frankies comback in r3-5.

Worst knockout ever was on felony fights, the mexican vs the guy who knifed a guy in the throat (blonde). Think he died the next day from respiratory failure after getting both knees to his chest while ko'd on ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Not pOO flinger View Post
    I think it will be a while before we ever see MMA as an Olympic sport.
    Im more worried about it staying a sport. With all the concussion stuff and our gov trying to keep us safe, i dont see it happening long term unfortunately.
    Last edited by chadwix; 2013-02-14 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Im more worried about it staying a sport. With all the concussion stuff and our gov trying to keep us safe, i dont see it happening long term unfortunately.
    That's one of the reasons I don't see MMA getting into the Olympics for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Cain vs bigfoot again, way to soon for my likings after the beatdown a few months ago.
    Agreed. At least we finally get to see JDS vs Overeem.

Awesome fan made promo for the original 146 fight - JDS vs Overeem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-blr6grVuRo
    Last edited by Not pOO flinger; 2013-02-14 at 03:21 AM.
    Click the picture

49-46 like 70% of people not bias by commentary saw it. it could have been a 48-47 but still would go for aldo. frankie edgar should learn how to punch and not just exhale with noise and hit air all night

just look at the post fight intervew jose aldo doesnt have a scratch on him...[/QUOTE]

I agree that Aldo won, but you dont' think the scores were a little too one-sided? Aldo didn't have Edgar in trouble at any point in the fight.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 09:56 PM ----------

[QUOTE=Not pOO flinger;20211362]That's one of the reasons I don't see MMA getting into the Olympics for quite some time.

Agreed. At least we finally get to see JDS vs Overeem.

Awesome fan made promo for the original 146 fight - JDS vs Overeem:

That should be a good fight.

Cain vs Big Foot.
    The UFC Heavyweight champion belt and the Lineal MMA Champion will finally be united.
    THIS IS FUCKING HISTORY IN THE MAKING HERE.

Deleted
    I played the ufc game jones totally owns in game like irl

Quote Originally Posted by Demonakat View Post
    Cain vs Big Foot.
    The UFC Heavyweight champion belt and the Lineal MMA Champion will finally be united.
    THIS IS FUCKING HISTORY IN THE MAKING HERE.
    I'd rather see Cain vs. someone other than a guy he just beat in dominant fashion less than a year ago.

Good article where fighter's wives answer questions about their husbands.

http://shomanart.tumblr.com/
    Click the picture