Thread: The UFC Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Not pOO flinger View Post
    Bellator 90.....damn!

Especially Newton vs King Mo.
    I wonder if Bjorn is on suicide watch.....

That knockout was sick. I don't watch Bellator though, no cable. I can only watch UFC through a fight website, and I don't even pay attention to all of the UFC fights.
    Their roster is just WAY too bloated. I'm glad they're cutting a ton of fighters.

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 05:31 PM ----------

By the way.
    I would put money on Hendo winning tonight.
    And Rousey
    And Faber.

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    I wonder if Bjorn is on suicide watch.....
    Lol.
    So much for their golden boy LHW.

I was in stunned silence for like 5 seconds. My brain didn't fully comprehend the situation until Newton slapped on the RNC.
    Click the picture

Lol.
    So much for their golden boy LHW.

I was in stunned silence for like 5 seconds. My brain didn't fully comprehend the situation until Newton slapped on the RNC.
    I usually root for the wrestler (except when Mo fought Mousasi because I'm a huge Mousasi fanboy), being that I wrestled for a bit in highschool, but I dunno what Mo was doing that fight. His stand up should be a back up to his wrestling prowess, and I believe he could take down and GnP nearly anyone at LHW, but instead he wanted to do his best Mayweather impersonation, only without Mayweather's skills. Pretty much what happens to most wrestlers in MMA when they figure out they have KO power in their hands.

Pretty stoked for tonight's card.

I usually root for the wrestler (except when Mo fought Mousasi because I'm a huge Mousasi fanboy), being that I wrestled for a bit in highschool, but I dunno what Mo was doing that fight. His stand up should be a back up to his wrestling prowess, and I believe he could take down and GnP nearly anyone at LHW, but instead he wanted to do his best Mayweather impersonation, only without Mayweather's skills. Pretty much what happens to most wrestlers in MMA when they figure out they have KO power in their hands.

Pretty stoked for tonight's card.
    King Mo will be back and he will win again. Setbacks like this help you grow, his trainers learned something about him and he learned something about himself.
    Things like this happen, look at Serra v GSP I. GSP underestimated Serra and got the shit beaten out of him.

Tonight's card.. I watched a total of two fights, I believe. The website I use didn't have Hendo v Machida at the time.
    The WMMA fight was AWESOME.
    Faber proved to me why he is my favorite fighter and always was. (he's the sole reason I watch MMA and the sole reason I train)
    Pretty much, Faber has changed my life moreso than any other athlete out there or celebrity out there.

I did hear, I haven't watched it yet, that Koscheck got robbed.

I can't wait to see the Hendo fight, even though I heard it was extremely disappointing on both ends. Dana will probably tell them "fuck you, you're not getting Jon fucking Jones"
    Then he'll say fuck about 10 more times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Koscheck was hardly robbed, the kid was going lights out.

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    Koscheck was hardly robbed, the kid was going lights out.
    I didn't watch the full fight, but I saw the finish.
    He was NOT knocked out, he was NOT lights out.
    Pure robbery. Early stoppage, for sure. He had a shot at getting out of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever dude, you can clearly see his eyes gloss over after a couple shots, he wasnt going to get out of that. It was the end of the fight, maybe the ref could have let it go one or two more shots but there really wasnt a reason.

Why do you call it robbery, what did he get robbed of? He was getting an ass beating its not like he lost a decision he should have won.

If you can get out of something, then you can keep going. If you can keep going, you can turn the tide to your favor. It's a war inside the cage, every time someone steps into it, whether they're wrestling like Fitch or they're boxing like Aldo or Silva. One punch can turn the entire fight to your favor.

---------- Post added 2013-02-25 at 11:15 PM ----------

Aldo/Pettis is on.
    If Aldo wins, he gets an automatic title shot at 155 as the stipulation of taking the fight.
    TOTAL. FUCKING. WIN.

Kenny robertson was pretty impressive. Immune to choke like embersole and brought the innovation to the ground game like jon jones did to striking. I really like how much he gave up to get jardien to the ground, pure confidence. Looking forward to more of his fights, he may be giving up to much vs more powerful opponents, only downside im seeing. Very intelligent fighter and can take a shot.

Machida should do PSA's for pregnant women's self defense class's. Effective style but unwatchable, wait for fans to boo, wait for opponent to make them cheer, ko. A disgrace to professional fighting. Professional = entertainer, this aint the olympics.
    Last edited by chadwix; 2013-03-02 at 05:15 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    MARKUUUU HUNTUUUU!!!

Love that guy. Connected with the left then just walked away.

Quote Originally Posted by bmps View Post
    MARKUUUU HUNTUUUU!!!

Love that guy. Connected with the left then just walked away.
    He broke Stuve's jaw as well

CT scan of his jaw.

A picture of the punch.

And the gif.
    Click the picture

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    No one yet? Damn, Johny Hendricks. I'm in love with his beard.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    No one yet? Damn, Johny Hendricks. I'm in love with his beard.
    I was hoping he would get a KO win but at least he finally gets a shot at GSP. I couldn't help but smile every time he landed that left hand.

Was happy to see Ellenberger and Story get wins as well.
    Click the picture

Hendricks vs. GSP intrigues me and I haven't been intrigued by a GSP fight in a long while.

They should make Ellenberger vs. Maia for the next #1 contendership.

I don't have any ill-will towards JDS but I hope Hunt smashes him for a title shot.

Hendricks vs. GSP intrigues me and I haven't been intrigued by a GSP fight in a long while.

They should make Ellenberger vs. Maia for the next #1 contendership.

I don't have any ill-will towards JDS but I hope Hunt smashes him for a title shot.
    I hope Hendricks' hand isn't messed up because I really want to see GSP vs Hendricks.

Ellenberger vs Maia for #1 contender would be cool.

JDS vs Hunt is a bittersweet fight for me. I like JDS a lot but I freaking love Hunt and want to see him get the title shot.
    Click the picture

Not a very good ppv again No idea how gsp can have top control for like 85% of the fight and not finish when he has 5 rounds.

Fights going to the judges is killing this sport, may as well watch amature judo if these "fights" are won and lost on points.

Deleted
    I hope Hendricks' hand isn't messed up because I really want to see GSP vs Hendricks.

Ellenberger vs Maia for #1 contender would be cool.

JDS vs Hunt is a bittersweet fight for me. I like JDS a lot but I freaking love Hunt and want to see him get the title shot.
    I have really high hopes that Maia would rise up again.Since he has had long break from really strong opponents

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Not a very good ppv again No idea how gsp can have top control for like 85% of the fight and not finish when he has 5 rounds.

Fights going to the judges is killing this sport, may as well watch amature judo if these "fights" are won and lost on points.
    It wasn't that bad, I loved Marquarte getting ko'd, the beard fight was awesome too but it's just gsp being gsp in the main event.