Thread: The UFC Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    It wasn't that bad, I loved Marquarte getting ko'd, the beard fight was awesome too but it's just gsp being gsp in the main event.
    Well, that sentence pretty much says everything I came here to say. I got my money's worth just from Johny Hendricks.

Quote Originally Posted by forestfool View Post
    I have really high hopes that Maia would rise up again.Since he has had long break from really strong opponents
    I still get a hearty chuckle when I remember how he Fitch'ed Fitch back at 156. I like Maia and hope he gets a good matchup soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Well, that sentence pretty much says everything I came here to say. I got my money's worth just from Johny Hendricks.
    Story, Ellenberger, and Hendricks definitely gave me my money's worth.
    Click the picture

Quote Originally Posted by Not pOO flinger View Post
    Story, Ellenberger, and Hendricks definitely gave me my money's worth.
    Yeah, I really didn't think it was a bad night at all. I knew what to expect from GSP, it's why he's lost me as a fan, so that fight was only barely a disappointment. I expected Diaz to at least take a few more risks, but he seemed like he realized very quickly just how thoroughly overmatched he was.

The Ellenberger knockout was great.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never get a GSP ppv, they are boring as hell and i hate his fighting style. You know at the end of the every fight he is going to apologize for not getting the finish and then say he gave it his all.

This coming from a Canadian, he is the least fun fighter to watch in the sport imo.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Completely agree about GSP but his fight with Condit was very good imo. Mainly because he almost got KO'd and had to fight desperately instead of being in control the entire time like he usually is.

I would like to see Hendricks KO GSP. I don't hate GSP or anything but I'm a bit tired of him grinding out opponents to get a win instead of attempting to go for a finish.
    Click the picture

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mark Hunt vs JDS at UFC 160. I am so conflicted. I want to see JDS get the title back, but I also want to see how far Hunt can go in the ufc.

I think Hendricks and (maybe) Koscheck are the only guys that would make GSP fight. Im an absolute GSP fan, i love the man, because he loves the sport of it, and he knows that any fight that goes to a decision he is going to win. But both Hendricks and Koscheck are incredible wrestlers, so he cant just make them look stupid on the ground, GSP has a bit of a stand up game, and far from a glass jaw. Id like to see him fight standing up more, i think he will hang on to the belt though.

I would like to see Hendricks KO GSP. I don't hate GSP or anything but I'm a bit tired of him grinding out opponents to get a win instead of attempting to go for a finish.
    Its going to be a while, gsp hurt his achilles, out for at least 6 months. The division is on hold again.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Its going to be a while, gsp hurt his achilles, out for at least 6 months. The division is on hold again.
    Yeah. Hendricks better take advantage of that 6 months and get very prepared for GSP.
    Click the picture

Kinda rubs me the wrong way how gsp didnt think hendricks deserves a title shot and wasnt granted one. Yet aldo trys the same thing (to a much less qualified opponent) and he gets yelled at.

Id almost say gsp is faking and would rather take another 1-2 years off (like with the knee) instead of fighting hendricks.

I wouldn't say he's faking, but I'll say that I think GSP is soft and cowardly and would just as soon milk an injury to hold the title as long as possible. He'll probably beat Hendricks, he's the most skilled and talented MMA fighter I've ever watched, but he's alienated me as a fan with his whole routine. Suddenly being gracious to Nick Diaz was absolutely pathetic.

Jon jones > gsp. Physically and skilled, people dont last long when jones is in control. His range and variety should have him at #1 but ufc dont like him. His punches seems like +elbow on top. He can see the submission while beating you down while other fighters are either or. Im a bit bias because he is my fav fighter. Choking out machida standing was amazing, i dont like him but a very intelligent figher.

Jones has abilities that defy the convensional ufc fighter, like gsp,aldo and other guys who now grind for wins.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.slashfilm.com/ufc-champio...inter-soldier/

He's doing movies now, guess Hendricks or any other challenger are a 2nd thought right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I wouldn't say he's faking, but I'll say that I think GSP is soft and cowardly and would just as soon milk an injury to hold the title as long as possible. He'll probably beat Hendricks, he's the most skilled and talented MMA fighter I've ever watched, but he's alienated me as a fan with his whole routine. Suddenly being gracious to Nick Diaz was absolutely pathetic.
    GSP has beaten everyone in his division twice he has 8 title defense now (?), and near as i can tell he has never ducked a fight. In interviews Dana White has said multiple times that prior to his ACL injury GSP wanted to fight Anderson Silva, now he is a bit hesitant which is understandable, but that fight is going to happen. Truth is there isnt a 170lbs fighter that even stands a chance of taking his belt aside from Hendricks and Condit, and Condit has already lost to GSP before.

Quote Originally Posted by A Day to Remember View Post
    GSP has beaten everyone in his division twice he has 8 title defense now (?), and near as i can tell he has never ducked a fight. In interviews Dana White has said multiple times that prior to his ACL injury GSP wanted to fight Anderson Silva, now he is a bit hesitant which is understandable, but that fight is going to happen. Truth is there isnt a 170lbs fighter that even stands a chance of taking his belt aside from Hendricks and Condit, and Condit has already lost to GSP before.
    He did duck a fight. No matter how you want to slice it, for GSP to take a vanity fight with Diaz, who lost his last fight and was on a year long suspension, over Hendricks was bullshit.

Anyone watch AA vs. Johnson over the weekend? Man, I love Andre, and I give him all the credit in the world for continuing a fight after his jaw was broken in the first, but he's just frustrating to watch fight sometimes, as a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    http://cdn2.cagepotato.com/wp-conten...ino_medium.gif

Maybe the greatest thing I've ever seen in MMA....
    Yes!

I was totally going to look for a gif of that today but then I forgot.
    Click the picture

Yes!

I was totally going to look for a gif of that today but then I forgot.
    I miss Genki Sudo.

Goose is out of the fight with Mousasi on Saturday. Balls.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 01:17 PM ----------

I'm such a child....