Thread: The UFC Thread

Unless I missed them posted earlier...fuckin' MW division put on notice for sure...dude is an animal.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys like that tend to have short careers, not because they get hurt or lose their draw power when they lose, but they lose their edge because of how badly they can hurt others.

If he can keep his conscience in check, the guy is going to be fun to watch. That said he lost a few years back to Weidman, but it's clear he's improved greatly since.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    That guy is an absolute animal.

Both of those KO's were nasty! Can't wait to see Uriah Hall compete in the UFC.

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Hahahaha

That video made my shitty day just a little bit better, thanks for posting that.
    Click the picture

Damn Uriah is really good!
    Uriah's fight against Dylan was really interesting to watch, you could really see how calm and self confident Uriah was the whole fight, he was really slowly picking Dylan apart.
    I'm really impressed of Uriah so far, hopefully he will crush Kelvin and start his UFC journey this weekend!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why there's so much GSP hate on this forum. It's true, he hasn;t finished an opponent in a while, but he's fighting the best fighters in the deepest weight division in the UFC. yeah, he didn't finish Diaz, which I would have loved to see, but Diaz is a RGacie balck belt, and is tough as nails. While GSP may not have the knocout power of Hendricks, he is the most well-rounded fighter inthe UFC, and he is a cardio machine. They guy does everythign very well. I honestly don't see any holes in his game. Those of you who say he just lays and prays are not very well-schooled in MMA. He is always very busy on the ground. How often do you see him get stood up for a lack of activity on the groupd? Never happens. So, before you run your mouth and say he's a chump and ducks fights, learn somethign about MMA and learn some respect for someone who has the balls to get in the cage with the best fighters ont he planet. And the whole silva/GSP thing is a moot point. The idiots who claim he is duckign Silva are just that - idiots. What does fighting Silva prove? Nothing. He risks his health and legacy to assuage the egoes of some fans? Ridiculous.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck I missed almost all of the Hall fight, he looked pretty weak from the highlights though.

Damn, 3 out of the 5 fighters I really wanted to win lost

Sam Sicilia lost, Gonzaga got KO'ed, and Miesha Tate got TKO'ed. I was happy to see Kelvin and Faber get a win.
    Click the picture

Kim Winslow needs to go. She needed to go after the Cyborg/Finney and Mo/Larkin late-as-fuck stoppages.

Am I crazy to think that Uriah Hall gave the win to Kelvin? It didn't look like Hall even tried to win that fight.
    Maybe Hall know he will get a UFC contract anyway and gave Kelvin the win and the UFC contract? Maybe I have to watch the fight again, but to me Hall is the superior fighter by far from what you could see from the TUF season.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else pumped for the Benson fight tomorrow? I really like him and Melendez is pretty beastly.

I didnt even know that was tomorrow, thanks. Not sure why fox mma gets such low pub. It should be treated as an event.

Benson is intelligent (in a fighting sense) and strong, i dont see anyone beating him unless he gets sloppy. The knee punches were fantastic against diaz, jon jones like in reguards to innovation.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    First two fights have been awesome so far.

loooooool Diaz, wasted.

This is my first time editing a gif. I am very pleased with the outcome.

Click the picture

Quote Originally Posted by Not pOO flinger View Post
    This is my first time editing a gif. I am very pleased with the outcome.

Yeah the fact that Nick Diaz threw in the towel from the corner before the ref even called it is hilarious.

Haha, very nice.

Diaz brothers need to change their style, opponents just run from them the whole fight.

Great show this weekend, a shame benson is now BSP, he even said he wasnt going for the finish. I have no idea what mir was doing. Im gonna say no more 5 round title fights, they are very boring since the champs (aside from jones) dont go for finishes.

Nice, I never noticed that.
    Click the picture

So this weekend its Jones vs Sonnen! I think it will be a hell of a fight, it seemed like they started to like eachother on the TUF season as coaches but in an interview Jones were stone cold and didn't even look at Sonnen.