Thread: The UFC Thread

Deleted
    That fight ending Hunt vs JDS was absolutely insane.

Very good card!

Hunt vs JDS was hard for me to watch, those guys are my two favorite active HW's and I didn't want either guy to lose. Seeing Hunt get KO'ed like that hurt me.
    I'm still very happy for JDS and glad he is getting his rematch with Cain.

Forrest Griffin retiring made me pretty sad as well.

I was hoping for a better fight between Cain and Bigfoot but the outcome was very much expected.
    Click the picture

Hunt vs JDS had me on the edge of my seat. It's been a long while since I've been so nervous for a fight that I felt sick to my stomach. Was pretty gutted to see Hunt lose, but the man went out on his shield after his head called JDS's hand a bitch about 8 times.

Too bad it didn't happen in a ring. Hunt probably could have cornered JDS a lot more efficiently.

Bigfoot vs Cain was no surprise. I think Cain wins the 3rd matchup vs. JDS, too. I've always been a proponent of rematches (not so much immediate rematches mind you) because I feel they do a lot to cement a fighter's legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Hunt vs JDS had me on the edge of my seat. It's been a long while since I've been so nervous for a fight that I felt sick to my stomach. Was pretty gutted to see Hunt lose, but the man went out on his shield after his head called JDS's hand a bitch about 8 times.
    I was feeling the same way.

Bigfoot vs Cain was no surprise. I think Cain wins the 3rd matchup vs. JDS, too. I've always been a proponent of rematches (not so much immediate rematches mind you) because I feel they do a lot to cement a fighter's legacy.
    Cain vs Bigfoot 2 was a really anti-climatic fight. I fully expected the outcome.

I feel like JDS can take Cain in a 3rd fight. The way I see it, JDS and Cain can beat each other every other time. They could be 25-25 against each other.
    Click the picture

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If the match goes longer than 2 rounds, JDS won't be able to win imo. Cain has pretty good conditioning and JDS has shown he'll gas out if pushed by someone who is capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    If the match goes longer than 2 rounds, JDS won't be able to win imo. Cain has pretty good conditioning and JDS has shown he'll gas out if pushed by someone who is capable of.
    I think anything past 3 rounds would be in Cain's favor. JDS doesn't have the best cardio ever but it's certainly not bad for a HW. Cain has a ridiculous pace and great cardio.
    I am pretty interested in a 3rd fight.
    Click the picture

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    We gonna see Anderson fall for the first time in the UFC boys? Hot damn those prelims were awesome!

Good night of fights.

Main event time!

- - - Updated - - -

That show boating son of a bitch just got wrecked!!!!

Stupid silva paid the price

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Such a disrespectful fighter. So glad to see him get his jaw pummeled. Good riddance. Such a terrible face of the sport. Hope the obvious rematch goes the same way.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahaha well he got what he deserved, but i am really sad to see a legacy end like that. His talk after about not ever fighting for a title again is bogus too.

Annnnnd here come the people saying Silva threw the fight when it makes perfect sense for him to not tap to a heel hook and instead opt to get KTFO. /sigh

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to see a gif of that punch that finally downed him. The way his eyes just rolled back.

His interview after the fight made it sound like he threw it. He immediately said he wasn't interested in a rematch or any more title fights.

- - - Updated - - -

Annnnnd here come the people saying Silva threw the fight when it makes perfect sense for him to not tap to a heel hook and instead opt to get KTFO. /sigh
    I don't think he threw it, but his interview gave the impression.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    I want to see a gif of that punch that finally downed him. The way his eyes just rolled back.

His interview after the fight made it sound like he threw it. He immediately said he wasn't interested in a rematch or any more title fights.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think he threw it, but his interview gave the impression.
    No, he just got caught doing what he always does: bobbing and weaving. Weidman just has knock out power.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, he just got caught doing what he always does: bobbing and weaving. Weidman just has knock out power.
    I know. I believe Weidman legitimately KOed him. As I pointed out, when you look at that shot that downed him, you can tell from Silva's face that he is out.

I'm just saying his interview made it sound like he either dived, or just didn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    I know. I believe Weidman legitimately KOed him. As I pointed out, when you look at that shot that downed him, you can tell from Silva's face that he is out.

I'm just saying his interview made it sound like he either dived, or just didn't care.
    It very well could have been that he didn't care. He's won so many fights in relative ease that maybe he bought into his own hype?

In any event, the MW division just got interesting again.

I can't believe this guy. I actually think Anderson losing may have been a good thing. He has said for years that he hasn't been able to fight the way he wanted to because there was too much on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    Hahaha well he got what he deserved, but i am really sad to see a legacy end like that. His talk after about not ever fighting for a title again is bogus too.
    Well I wouldn't be so sure. He's made so much money he never has to fight again if he doesn't want to, and judging by how seriously he's been taking his fights lately(just look at how cocky he fights now compared to early Silva). He doesn't want to. I doubt even he thinks he could pull another title reign streak like he just did. If I were him I'd ask to do that GSP fight non-title for another massive paycheque then call it quits. I mean what else does he have to prove. He has the longest title defense streak in MMA. Every champions reign eventually ends and he obviously doesn't have the drive anymore(or doesn't want to deal with the pressure). Why not take it easy?

Only time will tell though.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-07-07 at 05:10 AM. Reason: grammer
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Well I wouldn't be so sure. He's made so much money he never has to fight again if he doesn't want to, and judging by how seriously he's been taking his fights lately(just look at how cocky he fights now compared to early Silva). He doesn't want to. I doubt even he thinks he could pull another title reign streak like he just did. If I were him I'd ask to do that GSP fight non-title for another massive paycheque then call it quits. I mean what else does he have to prove, he has the longest title defense streak in MMA. Every champions reign eventually ends and he obviously doesn't have the drive anymore(or doesn't want to deal with the pressure), why not take it easy?

Only time will tell though.
    This is true, Silva has said for years that he doesn't like being tied to the Title, and that he would rather be able to hop around from one weight class to another. After his first two fights at 205 he was basically forced to move back to 185 permanently because Dana said they couldn't have the MW title tied up for AS to float around taking freak fights.