Thread: The UFC Thread

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pmgbro View Post
    That 4th round had to be one of the best displays of will by gustafsson I have ever witnessed. Man I'm mad at the cards because they kind of killed the end of the fight hype for me. Glover Teixiera gets jones next, but I really want a rematch. Did anyone see jones being barely able to walk out of the arena? I heard he had to go out on a stretcher. Definitely doesn't sound like a fighter who took 4 rounds according to 1 card lol. The card in November is fucking stacked though. I cannot wait for Sonnen vs. Evand and especially Hendrix vs GSP. I want Hendrix to win so bad. His knockout potential is insane.
    His beard potential is sick too

10+ Year Old Account
    The aftermath of the Fight of the Year:

Both of these guys are warriors and legends in the making. I love this picture.
    | Happiness is the best revenge |

Jones a bit more worse for wear, but they are both out now. Not sure how long it'll take to recover from that... man that's amazing. I hope the rematch is granted quickly, I want to see how these guys adapt to each others last fight. Gustaffson hopefully gets even better at ground and pound to take advantage of the takedown, and Jones gets better at strike defense and stops Gustaffson from getting away on the ground.

Number two will be huge, like...bigger than Silva/Weidman only because their first fight was really underwhelming.

soo how about UFC and them paying their fighters less than 10% of their PPV revenue?

Excluding Jones, they paid their fighters about 5%

Ill make more in 2013 than all but 2 people on that card
    Free-To-Play is the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    soo how about UFC and them paying their fighters less than 10% of their PPV revenue?

Excluding Jones, they paid their fighters about 5%

Ill make more in 2013 than all but 2 people on that card
    Is that including any bonuses? Seems a bit extreme... They should probably make a bit more since they don't fight a ton in the year. It's almost supplemental money for a lot of them. Even some of the guys in the main event only make 25-30k, then maybe a bonus of the same if they deserved it.

It'll depend on the draw power and how many buys, but still considering what they put themselves through. Not quite as bad as boxing in the hurt your face department, but still dangerous.

What was that JDS was saying about Cain hitting like a girl?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-AbZSFFEXZq...s/s1600/10.gif

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    What was that JDS was saying about Cain hitting like a girl?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-AbZSFFEXZq...s/s1600/10.gif
    ...He was joking lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bam Mawashi to the head!

Dana must be pissed.

Pretty stacked UFC card we've got tomorrow, plus Bellator tonight (I just want to see Page hopefully get smashed by Beltran).

Well, Hendricks got completely fucked. This is why I don't pay for the UFC's semi-scammy product anymore.

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Goddamn judges.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus poor hendricks, dana must be livid right now about the shit decision and gsp taking a break.

10+ Year Old Account
    Horrible decision. Had Hendrix winning 1,2 and 4. And now GSP talks about retirement? better give Hendrix the belt outright instead of some interim bullshit

The crowd was complete shit. They booed Hendricks. Are those idiots fucking kidding me? I haven't had this much contempt for a non-Lakers crowd in a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had Hendrix clearly winning 2 and 4. 3 and 5 were fairly even, but advantage to GSP. I have no idea who won Round 1, and I'm willing to bet that's the round where the judges had a split decision.

I think Hendricks won 1, 2, & 4. That said, it was close. I'm not a fan of GSP potentially holding the WW title hostage if he needs to "take some time off".

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a GSP fan and even I don't know how to feel about that fight. My initial reaction was that Hendrix got robbed, but thinking about it further it really seemed close. I think people are more swayed because of the damage GSP took considering he's normally invincible. He still got lots of hits, takedowns, etc. It just didn't look that close.
    BAD WOLF

I might be out of line saying this, but I think that in order to be named the new champion, you should have to ACTUALLY beat the reigning champion. Winning a judges decision on a close 5 rounds of fighting without ever clearly marking yourself the victor, even though maybe the judges would give you the advantage on 3 of the 5 rounds, to me, means absolutely nothing. In order to be the champ, you have to BEAT the champ, not get voted by judges who were more or less like "meh, could go either way"

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehorn View Post
    I might be out of line saying this, but I think that in order to be named the new champion, you should have to ACTUALLY beat the reigning champion. Winning a judges decision on a close 5 rounds of fighting without ever clearly marking yourself the victor, even though maybe the judges would give you the advantage on 3 of the 5 rounds, to me, means absolutely nothing. In order to be the champ, you have to BEAT the champ, not get voted by judges who were more or less like "meh, could go either way"
    I personally think a win is a win, regardless of whether it's a title fight or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehorn View Post
    Why doesn't this logic apply equally in the other direction? I don't see any reason that, "you have to knock that guy out to take a title" is any more valid than, "you have to knock that guy out to keep the title".