Thread: The UFC Thread

Miocic vs. Ngannou im excited for.

If Jon Jones cant sort his life out then Ngannou it is

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Miocic vs. Ngannou im excited for.

If Jon Jones cant sort his life out then Ngannou it is
    he'd be great if he would.

i don't think miocic can beat that huge motherfucker though. he got knocked down in his fight with overeem, and i think if he takes a similar hit from ngannou, he won't get back up for a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    he'd be great if he would.

i don't think miocic can beat that huge motherfucker though. he got knocked down in his fight with overeem, and i think if he takes a similar hit from ngannou, he won't get back up for a few minutes.
    Yeah you dont want to take hits from Ngannou that is not gonna end well. Hes relativity new to MMA though and his ground game isnt great. Should be a good fight

I'm not gonna lie guys. I'm super hyped for this. I wonder if I should break my diet and make a pizza or something for the night. The problem is that the actual fight is like 12. Even if I start eating at like 9 for the prelims, that's so late....it's hard to eat anything good at that time. Especially since the super bowl is coming up...and then NBA All Star Weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh uhhhh. Remind me, we can watch the weigh-ins on Friday. I'll find a stream then.

I'm about to break my diet (I really need to lose like 3 pounds) for UFC 220 on Saturday :O. I hate eating food late, but I bought a bunch of snacks and I'll probably eat one during the fights...

Honestly, if it was just DC or just Miocic, I'd have eaten nothing. But both of them fighting? Heavyweight and Light Heavyweight? I'm too hyped.

OMG I FORGOT TO WATCH THE WEIGH-INS. Goddamn mofos one of you was supposed to bump the thread to remind me.

I am super hyped for tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    OMG I FORGOT TO WATCH THE WEIGH-INS. Goddamn mofos one of you was supposed to bump the thread to remind me.

I am super hyped for tonight.
    ah shit, i forgot about it too.

i've mostly been focusing on trying to remember to watch the prelims at 8.

i don't know if i'm really all that excited, because i'm like 80% sure this dude's just gonna walk over miocic since he's a behemoth of a person. but that kind of domination is always fun to see, which i'll see it in gifs either later tonight or tomorrow.

Yeah but. DC is fighting too. :O

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a link to the weigh-ins starting at a good time. I'm about to watch it.

https://youtu.be/rbQLd9Kj2VI?t=16m26s

- - - Updated - - -

Man DC looks fat.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care for Ngannou, but I like seeing him murder people. However, Stipe is such a good guy and a workhorse so he really deserves to get a win tonight. Also feel bad for DC. He's getting old and I don't have a lot of hope for him tonight. Otherwise this card looks pretty boring and for the first time ever, I would wager Bellator might have a better card..
    BAD WOLF

Holy shit Nganou is 263 and he looks good. You're right, he's gonna DESTROY Miocic.

- - - Updated - - -

Miocic is 246 but he still looks like one of those skinny white trailer trash guys with no weight on them compared to Nganou.

Idk guys, the Heavyweight and Light Heavyweight are the best weight divisions to me. This HAS to be fun.

I do think DC and Miocic get fucked up though. DC loses in 3, Miocic in 2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xinkir View Post
    Only 2 bags of chicken wings? Pft. Casual.
    :/ I'm tryna be healthy. Idk what I'll be eating tonight, though...

- - - Updated - - -

FS1 Prelims start in 1h 14m. I'll turn the TV on for that but I might not pay 100% attention...I'll probably glance at the TV while doing stuff on my computer.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh man this black guy uppercutted the white guy's jaw and he went DOWN. KO.

that was a ngannou style knock out, i like it.

In like 10 mins I'll look for a stream. imhyped.

I had some...pastries...and some of the reduced guilt chips. I legit need to lose like 6 pounds now...

that last fight was ok. i feel like the guy with the beard won it though, what do those takedowns matter if most of them were unsuccessful?

I wasn't paying attention. I'm streaming on my laptop and have it plugged in to my TV. :O The quality really isn't that bad right now....

I might watch the fight on TV instead of my computer monitor...

HYPE.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh man Bantamweight is g_y. Damn. Oh well.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow a KO. Unbelievable.

- - - Updated - - -

I just checked and there are no women on this card...Wtf affirmative action.

- - - Updated - - -

Wowwwww. That was a pretty good KO.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy shit the Boston atmosphere between these Boston guys AND the Patriots...

- - - Updated - - -

Time for the Co Main Event. DC vs. that other guy :O

- - - Updated - - -

Cormier vs. Oezdemit.

I'm gonna call him Ozdemir.

- - - Updated - - -

Man DC took a few hits to start but he really landed some heavy hits of his own.

He'd have choked Ozd out if it wasn't for the bell.

- - - Updated - - -

Omg this guys face is SOOOO red.

- - - Updated - - -

DC pinned him down and just lightly hit him a lot and the ref had to call it...

- - - Updated - - -

This is the fight for the "baddest man in the world". This isn't some pussy 120 pound fight, this is the HEAVYWEIGHT division. In UFC.

Whoever wins this is the best fighter in the world. Sorta.

- - - Updated - - -

Man Ngan has some fucking African Kenyan music playing as his theme. Boring. I kinda want him to lose.

I like DC's intro music.

- - - Updated - - -

This guy is literally the perfect specimen of physical perfection. I feel like some rich old white villain sending peasants in a ring to kill each other for my amusement when I look at him.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm rooting for Ngan hard. Sorry Miocic.

- - - Updated - - -

That might've been the best five minutes of my life.

Miocic is much better. He deserves to win.

- - - Updated - - -

Miocic had Ngan on the floor all the second round on all fours like he was his bitch.

Miocic deserves to win. I'm rooting for Miocic.

- - - Updated - - -

Ngan can barely get up when there's no one on him.

I can't believe this fight lasted 4 rounds already.

- - - Updated - - -

Miocic is great. Ngan started the fight trying to get a strong punch in to KO Miocic, but Miocic played it super cautiously. Then, Miocic spent the next 4 rounds keeping Ngan on the ground, to which he had no answer and couldn't even stand up, because Miocic focused on keeping him down with weight, instead of striking him.

I guess that's heavyweight privilege. Less skill necessary, just sit your fat ass down on your opponent.

This win was well deserved for Miocic. Ngan is definitely a rookie and couldn't handle a long fight, had no stamina, and lacks skill.

- - - Updated - - -

Lul. The stream I'm watching keeps saying "We apologize for any offensive language you may have heard." Like yeah mofos. Sorry that this guy said "damn" after he had a 265 pound man punch his fucking face in.

- - - Updated - - -

Well that's it, I turned the stream off. I was happy with both the DC and the Miocic fights, and I was wrong on both predictions.

Fatso DC easily won because his opponent had no stamina and couldn't connect in the first round. (Well he did connect, but Dc absorbed those shots.)
    Miocic won because of grappling skill.

huh, figured ngannou would just be too big and strong to be held down by him.

surprised he won.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    huh, figured ngannou would just be too big and strong to be held down by him.
    Yeah he sucked hard. He looked horrible. Honestly, Ngan started the match just trying to go for a KO blow, and after the first 3 minutes, Miocic just kept him on the ground and it was obvious Ngan had no stamina and no technique.

Truly, skill won that Heavyweight match, not a flashy punch. It was amazing to watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Miocic said he would prove his doubters wrong and he did. He made Frances look like an amateur.

It was also nice to see DC get some love from the crowd, they're normally pretty divisive (at best) with him.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2018-01-21 at 08:32 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk guys, the Heavyweight and Light Heavyweight are the best weight divisions to me.
    Can't say I agree with that, but you are entitled to your own opinion of course.

I personally find Lightweight to be the best simply because of how stacked it is. All fighters there have high level skills while in Heavyweight I think fighters can get away with a lot of things simply because of their raw power. Man, the Conor, Tony and Khabib situation is so interesting. UFC 223 got me hyped, even the co-main event seems interesting.

I also wonder what will happen with Max if he happens to beat Frankie on UFC 222, the Featherweight will be pretty much cleared by him. Well maybe only Chad remains, if he is cleared to fight of course. However I think Max will have tougher run at Lightweight, as he said though, to be the best you got to beat the best and it is the right mentality.

Yeah he sucked hard. He looked horrible. Honestly, Ngan started the match just trying to go for a KO blow, and after the first 3 minutes, Miocic just kept him on the ground and it was obvious Ngan had no stamina and no technique.

Truly, skill won that Heavyweight match, not a flashy punch. It was amazing to watch.
    i wonder if ngannou(i keep wanting to put an S on the end of his name for some reason) would do better in boxing.

either that or drill himself on nothing but ground game for a while.