Thread: The UFC Thread

Prelims just started for me. Let's see how this goes.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some of these fights are interesting...but mostly not really.

- - - Updated - - -

Jeeze....what is it with these women's champs that they look invincible until they lose their belt, then they never come back. Joanna looked like a women's GOAT and now she just looks like a survivor. Rose will lose to someone who is her kryptonite and then she'll never get it back either. Such a weird turn compared to how the men's division normally goes. I mean props to her for lasting 5 rounds, but uggh. She's getting wrecked.

- - - Updated - - -

Uggh. I fucking hate Kabhib.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    The card felt rather underwhelming to be honest, the bus rampage in the end overshadowed the event.

Still pissed that Tony got injured, I honestly believe he could clip and strangle the shit out of Khabib. Every time I see guys fighting him, they all get into huge panic mode and exert a ton of energy trying to keep him at the end of their jab and when they actually clip him, they don't pounce on him with combinations and just let him recover.

On a different note, I can't help it. Dana seems full of shit when it comes to whole Conor situation.

What a surprise the guy that got what, a few days notice loses? Shocker.

And Dana is already back peddling on the whole conor thing, doesnt want to lose his favorite PPV pet

They will 100% set up khabib vs conor now, absolute joke of a company
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2018-04-08 at 10:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So...sorta off topic, but Ronda Rousey is a fucking fantastic wrestler. Like...her physicality and showmanship in the actual matches is better than 90% of their roster. I had to watch the match just to see. They need to get her some hardcore mic coaching and she's likely to be one of their biggest stars for a long time. She is fucking insanely athletic.
    BAD WOLF

https://sports.yahoo.com/floyd-maywe...103312209.html

So I have less than zero interest in UFC normally and I doubt this will ever happen, but this is one fight I'd actually pay to see. Does anyone think that Mayweather would have a non-zero chance in the octagon with McGregor with UFC rules? I'm trying to figure out why someone who's made $900M+ would care enough about an extra ~$100M to have his last fight remembered as the time where he got his face kicked in by an Irishman that he'd bested handily in a boxing match a year or two before.

$100m is a lot for a bit of dicking around in a probably light fight.

Dana is probably like "LETS GO TEAM. WE NEED TO GET CONORS IMAGE RESTORED SO OUR MONEY MAKER CAN FIGHT."

Then Press release: Conor was actually invited that night and it was all a promotional act.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    $100m is a lot for a bit of dicking around in a probably light fight.

Dana is probably like "LETS GO TEAM. WE NEED TO GET CONORS IMAGE RESTORED SO OUR MONEY MAKER CAN FIGHT."

Then Press release: Conor was actually invited that night and it was all a promotional act.
    I'm already on it,

Conor Mcgregor after an intensive cardio training session required the nutritional benefits of a BURGER KING Whopper burger

however he didnt predict the energy gained from such a wholesome meal and over reacted. He is deeply sorry and will be donating 5million of his winnings to Bus windows all over America, and insuring all windows broken via thrown dolleys are covered for the next few years.

Pre-purchase PPV here

www.ufctickets.com

LUL.

Seems like there's a Fight Night the next two Saturdays. Then like 3 weeks off. Then UFC 224.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    So...sorta off topic, but Ronda Rousey is a fucking fantastic wrestler. Like...her physicality and showmanship in the actual matches is better than 90% of their roster. I had to watch the match just to see. They need to get her some hardcore mic coaching and she's likely to be one of their biggest stars for a long time. She is fucking insanely athletic.
    Dude, even though she has weak striking skills, she still a masterful Judoka. Every Judo practicioner I met was solid as rock and strong as fuck.

It is just Judo is mostly focused on throwing people around and is very limited in actual unarmed combat as the good striking can counter a lot of techniques. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think it developed from original Japanesse Jiu-Jitsu which was basically a grappling style for Samurai in an armor. A lot of the techniques were more about getting opponent to the ground (ar at least to kneels) and then doing the submissions. Back then being dropped down the ground was basically a game over as you are never going to get up with heavy armor on yourself when your opponent is still standing.

Considering the actual techniques used in Judo, it actually better sport for the "wrestling" than actual wrestling in my opinion. It is more flashy and more centered around getting into the clinch and then throwing your opponent down instead of shooting for takedowns and then pinning the opponent down.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Dude, even though she has weak striking skills, she still a masterful Judoka. Every Judo practicioner I met was solid as rock and strong as fuck.

It is just Judo is mostly focused on throwing people around and is very limited in actual unarmed combat as the good striking can counter a lot of techniques. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think it developed from original Japanesse Jiu-Jitsu which was basically a grappling style for Samurai in an armor. A lot of the techniques were more about getting opponent to the ground (ar at least to kneels) and then doing the submissions. Back then being dropped down the ground was basically a game over as you are never going to get up with heavy armor on yourself when your opponent is still standing.
    Yes, Jiu Jitsu split in 2, Judo took the take down aspect and BJJ took the ground game, to put it simply...

After [what felt] like 6 years of inactivity, UFC is having an event finally. UFC 224 is tomorrow.

Please tell me the card isn't disappointing.

Did anyone watch it? I opened a stream for the fights on a tab but didn't bother going to it.

Next fight is a Fight Night next weekend.

10+ Year Old Account
    The card was actually a good card. Some knockouts. The Nunes fight employed the DC style of smothering your opponent. At least until she broke Pennington’s nose and a fire hydrant of blood was opened.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Did anyone watch it? I opened a stream for the fights on a tab but didn't bother going to it.

Next fight is a Fight Night next weekend.
    Does anyone watch the ufc anymore? They are more of a circus than WWE

10+ Year Old Account
    The main event was Pennington's coaches trying to murder her. She was saying she couldn't go on and wanted to stop the fight...they told her to get in the ring and try not to die. Someone should have called it...it was bad.
    BAD WOLF

marlon moraes, doing it again

goddamn, there's a reason he looks like saitama.

- - - Updated - - -

you know, i'd been forgetting to keep up with ufc for the past few weeks, had other shit on the mind.

but i am so glad i caught last night. god i love to watch moraes, and there were other ok fights too. that spitz guy was kinda hot, even if he lost. needs long hair, imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was a great head kick. The sound it made was like a baseball bat cracking one off. Freaking brutal.
    BAD WOLF

........I didn't know there was a fight last night. I thought Saturday nights were the thing........................................I'd have watched.....................

Next weekend is UFC 225. I already set my calendar so I'll be watching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god...CM Punk is fighting again on that card. He's gonna die. Can't wait to see Whittaker wreck that shithead this time. Also...Dillashaw has been running his mouth since the second his defense ended that he wasn't fighting Cody, but I just now realized UFC 227 is Dillashaw vs. Garbrandt 2. Wtf. Apparently Dana is trying to get GSP vs. Diaz as well, but no chance in hell that happens.

GSP isn't stupid and the only person he should be fighting is Red Panty Night McGregor.
    BAD WOLF