Thread: The UFC Thread

7+ Year Old Account
    Omg, I can't wait to see who beats up the other at UFC 270, Ciryl Gane or Francis Ngannou. It's going to be an epic clash of the titans!
    Last edited by PC2; 2022-03-28 at 09:33 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If you wanted to post about Chael you could have just done so, no need for the weird perfunctory form post about the next ppv.
    Chael was an after thought. I only mentioned that because I like his YouTube channel and he seems like a good guy even though he purposely played "the heel" during his MMA career. That was just to sell the fights though, it was purely an act.

I actually am stoked about UFC 270 because these are like the two biggest most athletic fighters to ever exist and I want to see what happens!
    Last edited by PC2; 2022-01-01 at 02:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My money's on Ngannou, but I'm hoping for a great fight either way.

I think this is the year we get Usman vs Adesanya, can't think of any fight with a bigger draw potential this year.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing that many takedowns in a heavyweight fight...

- - - Updated - - -

Gane clearly the better technical fighter but that size of Ngannou, jeez.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Gane clearly the better technical fighter but that size of Ngannou, jeez.
    This wasn't clear at all during their fight; Ngannou dominated every aspect of that fight. Besides, they're both about the same size.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

10+ Year Old Account
    Having the technical edge matters little when your opponent can dominate with such raw power.

That's not to say there's no finesse to Ngannou's game, it just cancels out any slight advantage other fighters would normally have in a game of inches.

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    Ah this Youtube channel who basically thinks everyone is on roids, and I mean literally fucking everyone. Type of guy who walks into a gym and thinks anyone bigger than him has to be on roids, why people even listen to this guy I'll never know.
    Derek knows his stuff. Also if you think steroids aren't a very common thing for peak athletes you are pretty delusional. Never wondered why their injuries heal miraculously fast, when "normal" people need 2x or 3x of the time for regeneration?

Quote Originally Posted by Easyclassictopkeklel View Post
    Derek knows his stuff. Also if you think steroids aren't a very common thing for peak athletes you are pretty delusional. Never wondered why their injuries heal miraculously fast, when "normal" people need 2x or 3x of the time for regeneration?
    Yes of course all the best athletes are on roids and despite nobody being able to prove it after pumping millions into testing for it the one guy that knows is a Youtuber, hell we should just do away with drug testing altogether and get Derek to decide whether or not they are cheating because the mans a fucking god.

I mean maybe they heal better because they are in far superior physical shape compared to your average Joe? maybe because they have access to the best surgeons in the country whereas your average Joe doesn't? nah it's because they are using roids, roids heal injuries mega fast and make you unstoppable.

5+ Year Old Account
    Ouch...ground n pound with a shield...

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny to see that when Kevin Holland actually shuts up during a fight he wins it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Main Event was scrappy. Highlight of the night was watching Greg Hardy get put out in about 2 minutes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Notes since last post:

-It's too bad that Ngannou vs Gane went to decision. Decisions are so boring compared to a (T)KO or submission!

-Jamahal Hill looked really motivated when he beat Johnny Walker who has mostly lost in the last few years. I've got my eye on Hill who has only lost to Paul Craig so far.

-I can't believe Jorge Masvidal stalked Colby Covington after his loss and then sucker punched Colby while wearing a mask and a hoody. He just messed up his life for the pettiest reason.

-Tomorrow's One Championship fight between Rodtang Jitmuangnon and Demetrious Johnson is hilarious. Rounds 1 & 3 are muy thai, rounds 2 & 4 are MMA. What is Rodtang thinking? It seems like he will just get taken down and abused in round 2 as a non-MMA fighter, but I guess I'm still interested in seeing what happens.

Post-fight update: Took Mighty Mouse 2 minutes to submit Rodtang. I think nearly everyone was expecting that. lol
    Last edited by PC2; 2022-03-27 at 10:27 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/sta...60536583958530

"Charles Oliveira has missed weight by .5 pounds ahead of #UFC274 and the UFC lightweight title has been vacated.

This is the first time a UFC champion has lost their belt after stepping on the scale and missing the weight limit."

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't like Chandler but dayum that was one knockout

Quote Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
    https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/sta...60536583958530

"Charles Oliveira has missed weight by .5 pounds ahead of #UFC274 and the UFC lightweight title has been vacated.

This is the first time a UFC champion has lost their belt after stepping on the scale and missing the weight limit."
    His match was an absolute delight to watch. Especially for a jiu jitsu guy <3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    I really don't like Chandler but dayum that was one knockout

True, then again, Tony Ferg should just stop. I'm afraid he's going to get seriously hurt if he doesn't.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Can't stan cutelabra, every time I see him I want him to get knocked out.

That stupid half ring thing he does and saying things like ' I'm a problem for everyone in the division' when, I just had a very quick look at his UFC record and he's just under 50% win is ridiculous.

Just not a likeable character

10+ Year Old Account
    Cutelaba has a mouth that writes cheques his fists can't cash.

He's becoming the new satisfying person for me to see get smashed after the UFC cut Greg Hardy.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Cutelaba has a mouth that writes cheques his fists can't cash.

He's becoming the new satisfying person for me to see get smashed after the UFC cut Greg Hardy.
    Oh hardy got cut? I'm not normally one for approving of other people's misfortune but good.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks that of cutelabra

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by molliewoof View Post
    Oh hardy got cut? I'm not normally one for approving of other people's misfortune but good.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks that of cutelabra
    His contract expired and wasn't picked up for renewal, they scrubbed him off their rankings.

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG that Texeira Prochazka fight was one of the best in years. People you really need to watch it.
    Also two very likable guys.
    Last edited by MCMLXXXII; 2022-06-12 at 06:12 AM.