Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    i as a tank am usually waiting for the rest of the group
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    Pull faster.
    If it's going slow because of long gaps between packs, the impatient others should speak up.

You can't really expect anyone to pull more than what he's comfortable taking at the same time.

Yeah, I can understand that DPS pulling can be a pain; but if i'm to be frank - Some tanks pull SO slow that I may as well pull.

It's equally frustrating when a tank is pulling mobs extremely slow as a dps/healer, if not more so, than a tank having a dps pulling. Honestly, I enjoy it when a dps pulls in heroics; gives me a challenge.

Dps have to wait for up to half an hour to get into a heroic, tanks wait < a second. Stop being a fussy bitch and do your job right; it's not even difficult with the threat buff, I can do it in minimal gear on my alts.

---------- Post added 2011-10-28 at 03:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Galm View Post
    This.

If it's going slow because of long gaps between packs, the impatient others should speak up.

You can't really expect anyone to pull more than what he's comfortable taking at the same time.
    Whenever I tell a tank (politely) to go faster, I get told to, in short - Stfu. People hate being told what to do...

Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    Pull faster.
    $

This.

I have not had a problem with dps pulling all cata long.

If they do, you are too slow. Shape up. Dont blame the others. Wasting time helps noone.

And to all the "let em die" people : You are not there to educate people. You are not there to show your superiority. You are not the center of the universe just because you are the tank. Get your job done and dont cry about it. So what if they pull. Your ego will get over it. Keep the mobs away from the squishies, that's your job as a tank.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorguy View Post
    Yea [twist and turn argument to make it look incredibly ridiculous]. Genius idea! Lets actually use our brains here if you [have the best scenario for my own point] and [purposefully have the worst scenario for whoever has a different opinion than mine], [situation that was brought up] is going to be an issue. Be happy [my point looks better than yours, which I made look like a 1st grader's on purpose]. People complain [about your point, which now looks stupid thanks to me]. [Major bragging for just measure]
    Oh hey, I found your thread response template. Thought you'd want it back.

In WoW the tank is suppose to pull and keep agro while he dps pull out some damage while trying not pull threat and healers heal the people. Keep it that way please kthxbai.
    EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLIN. ┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓

My main is a DK tank and I ALWAYS get into groups with terrible DKs that don't know how to gem/gear/spec for tanking and I even try to help them out in whispers. "stfu don't tell me how to play" Some people are bad and don't care to hear what you have to say.

Also, if you don't have enough rage as a warrior between packs you are either pulling too slow or cleaving/heroic striking too much. Dungeons are about amg charge/intercept/heroic leap is up time to move on after I shock wave these bitches.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I'd ask why the healer is wasting mana rezzing such a player at all. He can run back. Also, a competent dps can and will adjust their play to work with a tank that they outgear. Put the meter away, because absolutely no one cares about it but you.

CC exists when you don't outgear content. So yeah, no.
    Why is the healer wasting mana on such a player? Umm maybe because hes part of the reason NPC's die? Hes apart of the group no matter how much you choose to ignore or get him killed. Running back is even longer than rezzing, just rez him and continue. People make such a big deal out of a such a minor nuisance its ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoflower View Post
    $

This.

If they do, you are too slow. Shape up. Dont blame the others. Wasting time helps noone.

And to all the "let em die" people : You are not there to educate people. You are not there to show your superiority. You are not the center of the universe just because you are the tank. Get your job done and dont cry about it. So what if they pull. Your ego will get over it. Keep the mobs away from the squishies, that's your job as a tank.
    Ohh you're one of those dps that dont give a flying f**k. Learn to wait for the tank and stop randomly pulling. If the tank is waiting, he/she is obviously waiting for something important.
    Last edited by ProfessorTjc; 2011-10-28 at 02:40 PM. Reason: I forgot women can tank too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Excuse me?!? Who exactly do you think you are? Who exactly gave you authority to decide how I should behave, and as to whether or not I should help others learn their roles and responsibilities better? You gave it to yourself? Sorry, that's not an authority figure I recognize.

You talk about "us" not being the center of the universe? Pot, meet kettle! Your whole post reeks of "I am in a position to tell YOOOOUUUU what to do". So until you take a good look in the mirror and get off your high horses, I don't see you having any business whatsoever dictating anyone else's behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    If DPS are running ahead of you and pulling mobs, then you need to pull faster.
    If DPS are pulling agro off of you, you need to tank better.

I never have problems with the DPS because I keep a good pace and I'm good at my job.
    Thats the dumbest thing I have heard. The only one who has the right to ask for faster pulls is the healer.
    If a dps pulls agro, he's not targetting the right target. If a HEALER pulls agro, tank better.

Pulled once: warning
    Pulled twice: /leave and LFG queue

Deleted
    1. Blizzard gave you a taunt button for a reason...

2. Stop crying and start holding aggro, why should us DPS need to slow down because the tanks are too stupid to hold aggro.

3. Seriously all the tanks need to do is attack the mob and hold aggro, it's us DPS who have the hard job of killing them.

DPS Job - maintain a high DPS using a good rotation and popping cooldowns etc and mana management

Tank Job - Switch to a tanking stance - spam some buttons - generate threat

Healer Job - Click some raid frames using a 3rd party addon

Who has the hardest job?

Seriously, learn to tank and you won;t lose aggro

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post
    Excuse me?!? Who exactly do you think you are? Who exactly gave you authority to decide how I should behave, and as to whether or not I should help others learn their roles and responsibilities better? You gave it to yourself? Sorry, that's not an authority figure I recognize.

You talk about "us" not being the center of the universe? Pot, meet kettle! Your whole post reeks of "I am in a position to tell YOOOOUUUU what to do". So until you take a good look in the mirror and get off your high horses, I don't see you having any business whatsoever dictating anyone else's behaviour.
    Because he is correct as well as your superior.

$

It's interesting how dps pulling is totally acceptable in a 5 man to some folks. Try that in a raid and see how fast you get kicked... even on trash, and I would wager that few would ever think you were in the right about it.

And to all the "pull faster" people : You are not there to meter-flex or rush the other 4 you're with. You are not there to show your superiority. You are not the center of the universe just because you are the dps. Get your job done and dont cry about it. So what if they go slower than you might like. Your ego will get over it. Kill stuff and help out when appropriate, and don't make the job any worse for anyone else, that's your job as a dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Impexio View Post
    DPS Job - [make a simple task look infinitely more intricate]

Tank Job - [make a complex task look childishly simple by purposefully omitting key elements]

Healer Job - [add for good measure, to make the two last items look less apparent]
    Seriously, learn to argue properly and fairly and you won't lose face.

Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post

I love you man!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentStocket View Post
    Because he is correct as well as your superior.
    Just because you say so doesn't make it any more true.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    It's interesting how dps pulling is totally acceptable in a 5 man to some folks. Try that in a raid and see how fast you get kicked... even on trash, and I would wager that few would ever think you were in the right about it.

And to all the "pull faster" people : You are not there to meter-flex or rush the other 4 you're with. You are not there to show your superiority. You are not the center of the universe just because you are the dps. Get your job done and dont cry about it. So what if they go slower than you might like. Your ego will get over it. Kill stuff and help out when appropriate, and don't make the job any worse for anyone else, that's your job as a dps.
    Our dps pulls trash in raids if tanks are sleeping. As usual we don't suck so DPS won't have to pull as tanks are always ahead of them. Kicked from raid, lol, I feel sorry for you

Tanks are spoiiled imho; Instant queues, satchel rewards AND an easy job with the threat buff (assuming you have any knowledge on how to play your class and you have an ounce of gear).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khargillian View Post
    Just sit there and watch the guy that pulled die, then laugh, then taunt the mobs and get on with the Dungeon.
    Couldn't agree more =D

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    TotT and I am golden