Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Holiday events favours horde?

Hi.
    After doing Hallows End on 7 Alliance characters this year and I started my horde one I noticed not just with this holiday but also with Pilgrims Bounty Alliance have to go into a lot of horde cities while all the things the Horde has to do is outside our major cities (besides Darnassus in Pilgrims bounty).

I know that with Hallows end Horde need to trick or treat at a lot more places then alliance but shouldn't they make it so if Alliance needs to go into a Horde city, Horde should go into an Alliance city.

If there are any Horde people out there who feel differently i would like to know why, and if any alliance people feel the same you can say so

Sorry if this feels like a rant/qq thread i don't mean it to i just noticed it recently that to get certain achievements you need to go into other factions cities on occasions

I don't have much of an opinion, but your avatar is adorable! Punio ftw

Needing to ride your 280-310% speed flying mount an extra couple of minutes does not equal to favouritism. I think this is a case of 'get over it'.

Also, Hallow's End is a Horde holiday anyway, being that it is a Forsaken celebration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukari View Post
    Equality is a universal concept, you either care about it for everyone, or you don't care about it. It can't be compartmentalized, you can't champion equality for solely one group, that's inimical to the whole idea of equality.
    To make room for the cupcake!

Quote Originally Posted by TheShinyOne View Post
    Needing to ride your 280-310% speed flying mount an extra couple of minutes does not equal to favouritism. I think this is a case of 'get over it'.

Also, Hallow's End is a Horde holiday anyway, being that it is a Forsaken celebration.
    It's not so much the distance I'm saying is favouring them, its the fact that if we go to douse the wickerman or go sit at a bountiful table we are more likely to get killed (I play on a PvE server), where as horde don't step into the cities and will only be flagged if the guards start attacking them or go into our cities. If it was like Mid Summer Festival where regardless of what faction you need to be able to navigate through all the guards on the ground and flying to get to the fire.

Deleted
    Honestly I enjoyed ganking Hordies from the walls of Undercity during this holiday. I'm fine with going into Horde capitals, just wish that they would come into Stormwind some more so our guild can get the City Defenders achievement... :P

10+ Year Old Account
    yes and mike moraine should issue a formal apology for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hallow's End is both a human and forsaken celebration.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Hallow%27s_End
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoremas
    It's called stealth for a reason, you are supposed to be INVISIBLE.

Honestly since you can just fly in it's not much different than when we have to go to yours. People will be camping there regardless. I got camped just as bad going to the Alliance side as Alliance got camped coming to our side. Why are we bitching about something as trivial as this anyway?

Stood in the Fire themightysven's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eloona View Post
    Honestly since you can just fly in it's not much different than when we have to go to yours. People will be camping there regardless. I got camped just as bad going to the Alliance side as Alliance got camped coming to our side. Why are we bitching about something as trivial as this anyway?
    the OP said they play on a PvE server and are asking particularly in regards to getting flagged by proximity.

the pilgrims bounty issue that they refer to is there is only one "interior" table in horde cities (UC) and two in Alliance cities (Exo,Dar) which gives horde funsuckers more opportunity for the gankmas than alliance funsuckers. (not to mention that UC is a major city, and who hangs out in Exo/Dar?)
    Ewok Sith Lords are all about Agility

I don't hang out in UC....Most hordies I know hang out in Orgrimmar.

Quote Originally Posted by Eloona View Post
    I don't hang out in UC....Most hordies I know hang out in Orgrimmar.
    Nobody hangs out anywhere but in Org unless you're leveling up or are weird.
    ಠ_ಠ

Deleted
    tailoring back then favored alliance, all hordes that had to go to the moonwell to get their mooncloth would die very easily as horde doesent have any
    zomg alliance favoritsm!

Deleted
    Getting into Darnassus (or Exodar), and more importantly getting out is a pain in the ass for the Horde during other holidays.

The only thing I see that is minorly unfair about hallows end is that Alliance has to actually enter Undercity to put out the fire of that big flaming dude, when Horde just have to go outside of Stormwind for it, and since I play on a PVE server Horde can do it while not getting flaged and Alliance have to get flagged, but I really shouldn't complain since I love ganking the alliance who come in for their daily

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now it's no longer a problem because of flight, but anyone else remember being Horde and trying to do the Thanksgiving (can't remember the name, but pretty sure it was that event) seasonal without flight and with updated city guards? Made it pretty damn hard to get them done imo

Well I think we just about have a thread for every single thing in the game somehow favouring the Horde now, don't we?
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

I don't think everything favours horde. Alliance essentially still has 2 major cities vs Horde only using 1. I know IF and SW on my server are as populated as each other, that therefore disadvantages horde when they choose to do For The Horde, which has been run quite frequently lately.
    Horde need to travel to more places for Trick or Treating.
    I am sure there are other things as well that is just from the top of my head.

What about the Alliance favoratism in the creepy crate quest? Alliance get to do it all in SW, but the horde have to go all the way to UC to finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beach-Babe View Post
    I know that with Hallows end Horde need to trick or treat at a lot more places then alliance but shouldn't they make it so if Alliance needs to go into a Horde city, Horde should go into an Alliance city.
    I think that was a bug. The Alliance buckets were in just as many towns as the Horde buckets, but someone forgot to update the achievement criteria.

As for "entering" UC. I would argue that you're not really entering UC. UC is the city below. The above ground portion is pretty much unpopulated. Just like alliance, there's a small group of NPCs and vendors chilling around the burning man event. For both factions, you fly behind the man and put him out. Both factions have equal chances to defend the burning man and annoy the other faction. As far as time taken to get from the bank to the burning man, I think the Alliance are actually closer in SW.

And as someone else mentioned. The creepy crate quest involving two cities was a pain. It should have been only focussed on UC or Org and not required me to take a half dozen blimp rides.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    yes and mike moraine should issue a formal apology for this.
    If you wanna be clever, then atleast try to be a little credible and get the name correct.