Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    i just think they need to spread the loot out better, cause as it is, most guilds who raid have 0-3 hpallys, depending on if thy do 10 or 25 man, i know i don't run with a pally on one of my toons, while my hpally is the only one in my other guild, and all the plate sp gear is going to waste as i don't need any of it at all, and nobody needs it for OS either =\

Deleted
    Make Paladins use mail..are you people out of your minds? If I remember correctly in the early beta Paladins were the only class to use Plate, and Warriors used mail...

Quote Originally Posted by Joenano View Post
    The majority of a Ele shaman and Moonkin's gear will be none spirit guaranteed. Only like 2 pieces ever have spirit.
    and they will never be hit capped.

A good solution for the Plate SP thing is to just make them scale off of STR, like they mentioned back in wrath, or drop the stupid specialization system and let them wear mail/cloth/leather, and just make pvp gear plate{since this isn't dropped and thus isn't wasted}.

Well, only Shamans use mail SP gear. Why isn't that a problem too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meysam View Post
    fail? thank you for just joining the discussion without getting all elite...... not!
    you do realise that the ".....not!" at the end makes you sound childish, yes?

You honestly sound like a resto druid who just wants to complain. How do you know that the next class coming out after monks wont be a plate dps/healer combo? Give it a rest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meysam View Post
    Mail with SP (spellpower right?) is only for ele shamans. With spirit we have the same issues. Resto shamans are the only ones that want mail with spirit and Priests are basically the only ones that want cloth with spirit.
    Leather with spirit used to be the only source for resto druids and now only monks got added. so i think the healing gear is pretty good balanced.
    Elemental shamans want spirit just as bad.

so you want another plate class? cause that makes loads of sense for a monk; and lord knows we don't have enough plate wearers in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    Demon Hunter with plate SP as hybrid melee/ranged or something what a Shockadin was? Waiting for next xpac tho
    Going by everything that we know about Demon Hunters so far (and we know a hell of a lot), Plate would make no sense for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukari View Post
    Equality is a universal concept, you either care about it for everyone, or you don't care about it. It can't be compartmentalized, you can't champion equality for solely one group, that's inimical to the whole idea of equality.
    To make room for the cupcake!

Deleted
    1. there are close to NO pieces of suitable armor for boomkins/ele shammies that comes with hit. really, go wowhead spellpower + hit leather. both have talents that turn spirit into hit.

2. no sane boomkin/ele shammy would give up 5% int increase "just do grab a cloth piece", or likewise.

3. monks are going to be competing with druids/rogues for gear.

The big issue is how leather tank itemization is going to work. If the introduction of a second leather wearing tank and the separation of bear and cat druids means that true leather tank items can be made, then that drops agi-dps leather down to three rogue specs, a monk dps spec, and a feral druid spec. That's just as many as plate dps and makes it not a huge deal.

They could also then give parry to guardian druids and my druid co-tank can stop using the "But you have parry!" excuse

Deleted
    Plate = Paladin, Warrior, Death Knight
    Mail = Hunter, Shaman
    Leather = Rogue, Druid
    Cloth = Mage, Warlock, Priest

as you see we need more leather and mail classes, no plate...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Well, only Shamans use mail SP gear. Why isn't that a problem too?
    Well, at the very least its 2 specs instead of the Hpallies 1, equally if they did get rid off int plate then the logical solution would be for Hpallies to use int mail (not that I think that's likely at all).

Now if you were asking why did they stick monks with leather and not mail, my assumption was for two main reasons a) monks are traditionally thought of as lightly armored fighters, but cloth is already too competitive and making a system for a tank or melee DPS using cloth itemisation would have been hell, so leather was the next logical step and b) pairing monk tanks and druid tanks on the same gear leaves them the option for specific 'leather tank' gear in the future, which they wouldn't have if they made monks wear mail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    i just think they need to spread the loot out better, cause as it is, most guilds who raid have 0-3 hpallys, depending on if thy do 10 or 25 man, i know i don't run with a pally on one of my toons, while my hpally is the only one in my other guild, and all the plate sp gear is going to waste as i don't need any of it at all, and nobody needs it for OS either =\
    yeah, so one of my guild's three FL groups? 3hpallies. I dont know what you're speaking of....

15+ Year Old Account
    In D&D monks get penalties if they wear leather or something even heavier Leather monks does not make sense. They should be close to naked. Guess they don't want to add agi cloth anymore.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Deleted
    In MoP:

Spirit Cloth - All Priest specs (3)
    Non-spirit Cloth - All Mage and Warlock specs (6)

Agi Leather - Cat, Bear, Monk tank, Monk dps, all Rogue specs (7)
    Caster Leather - Resto, Moonkin, Monk healer (3)

Agi Mail - All Hunter specs, Enh Shaman (4)
    Caster Mail - Resto, Elemental (2)

Tank Plate - Prot, Prot, Blood (3)
    DPS Plate - Arms, Fury, Frost, Unholy, Ret (5)
    Healer Plate - Holy (1)

In my opinion, Holy should get its specialization bonus from mail as well as plate, and plate caster gear should never drop. It should still be obtainable from vendors, but never as a drop. Give Paladins a bonus to armour when using mail to make up for what they've lost from plate.

For a while I thought they shouldn't do this because it takes away from feeling like a Paladin, but I'm pretty much done caring now after so many pointless Holy drops that no-one wants or uses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    In D&D monks get penalties if they wear leather or something even heavier Leather monks does not make sense. They should be close to naked. Guess they don't want to add agi cloth anymore.
    Why would they? It would screw people over so much.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Plate is tricky because it generally is hard to create classes for. Warrior, Light Knight, Dark Knight. That's really all there is.
    TBH I can see putting Brewmasters in mail if it comes down to it.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    So now another class is using leather but still only one class can use plate SP.

Does anyone else think they need to include a class that can put to use the wasted plate SP gear that only paladins can use?
    I agree, Monks melee abilities should gain power from spellpower/init/spirit and they should wear plate! do et!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShinyOne View Post
    Going by everything that we know about Demon Hunters so far (and we know a hell of a lot), Plate would make no sense for them.
    Agreed. I can see the Demon Hunter using mail. Partially because it fits their class, and also because it would balance all armor types at 4.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I thought Monk Healers used cloth. While Tank/DPS used leather.

Edit: apparently not
    Last edited by Linzo; 2011-10-29 at 03:14 PM.