Why no WoW movie yet, the Chinese can do it for their games (video)

This is the trailer for a movie based on the Chinese MMO 'Duke of Mount Deer'. I warn you, it is amazingly hilarious (especially if your familiar with how over the top Chinese movies can be). I say to heck with trying to make a 'serious' WoW movie, just outsource it to Hong Kong and make something completely ridiculous and over the top.

Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

"I am a ghost, you guys are also ghosts."

Award-winning dialogue right there. That's almoust as good as comedy bit from SW EP3

"You are so beautiful."
    "Is it because I'm in love with you?
    "No no, it's because I'm so in love with you"
    "So love have blinded you?!"
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

there a point to this thread beyond mocking teh chinese and using the wow movie as a lure?
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

I don't think he is mocking the Chinese mate...
    <start epic wow theme>
    A world of limitless adventure. We cast the lords of shadow and flame back into the abyss.
    <more epic wow theme>
    We held the line against the rising tide of death itself.
    <epic music peaks>
    We have endured the breaking of the world.Now we face the Destroyer and we will end him.
    <cue Bennny Hill music>Pandas! Pokemon!

15+ Year Old Account
    The best part of that was Iron Man.

Quote Originally Posted by ambigiouslynamed View Post
    there a point to this thread beyond mocking teh chinese and using the wow movie as a lure?
    I'm not trying to mock them at all, I am actually a pretty big fan of Chinese film (there are many elements in this clip that could have easily been in a Stephen Chow movie, one of my favorite directors/actors). I actually admire the willingness to go all out and risk looking silly, something many seem to be bashing lately since they are displeased with MoP. Sometimes its nice to get some perspective, and then you realize how ridiculous just about every game is nowadays, and you realize you shouldn't take everything to be deadly serious. Mash together time travel, lightsabers and Dragonball any day of the week and I guarantee you get something that will be entertaining.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Duke of Mount Deer is one of the many literature masterpiece written in the Jing Yong Series, a Hong Kong author. Most Oriental/Chinese Martial Arts theme are based upon his writings and that of Gu Long another Chinese Literature masterpiece. Other than that, mythical creatures are mostly off Chinese Folklore. Also not forgetting Romance of the Three Kingdom.

Many of these literature masterpiece has already been portrayed in the local movie industry. Stephen Chow never portrayed the actuality of the masterpiece but somehow pervert it in a hysterical way, what he is renowned for, which made it entertaining to watch almost all of his productions. Adaptation of the masterpiece in the online scene began at 2000, the first Chinese Martial Art Online game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahaha...

Queen of Russia? Wutlol?

The dude who made this needs to tone down his abuse of LSD. =)
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

"INTRODUCING QUEEN OF RUSSIA! SOPHIA!"
    "...... uhh she doesn't look very russian to me"
    "QUIET YOU! I'LL NEED TO CALL IN THE RANDOM CHICK AT A WINE BAR FOR REINFORCEMENTS"

Bookmarked for future hilarity

Pepizaur: "Who are you to judge?"
    Brinsley: "Well I'm a paladin, I judge things all the time"

It's currently in "development hell", don't get your hopes up. I'd rather it not release though, because it will probably be mediocre at best, and the forums will be flooded with QQ no matter how good it is anyway.

the only reason why theres no movie yet (my opinion) is that there makeing 2 versions of the movie: 1 for the alliance, and the other for the horde and they come out on the same time and then the following year both factions, just like there doing for THE AVENGERS movie.
    LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr E View Post
    I'd rather it not release though, because it will probably be mediocre at best, and the forums will be flooded with QQ no matter how good it is anyway.
    I'll run naked through the streets of Paris if the movie turns out to be good.

Hm, wait did someone already use that before?

---------- Post added 2011-11-02 at 04:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagician View Post
    the only reason why theres no movie yet (my opinion) is that there makeing 2 versions of the movie: 1 for the alliance, and the other for the horde and they come out on the same time and then the following year both factions, just like there doing for THE AVENGERS movie.
    LOL
    I don't know if you're joking or not, but in case you aren't, I think it was stated a while ago that the movie would be from the perspective of a Human, therefore Alliance-centric.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not like they don't have the funds to make one, that's surely not the reason.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.