Deleted

Power Auras alternative / "run away little girl, run away..." addon

I am looking for an addon that allows me to create some big visual warning when there is a specific debuff on me. Those debuffs that DBM usually highlights by "run away little girl..." audio. Sadly our guild switched to BigWigs that has a bit different philosophy of displaying stuff and doesn't do this.

I can see my debuffs just fine, but every now and then there is an extra deadly one that I need to spot immediately. Think about Blazing Heat on Ragnaros. Those are quite rare and thats exactly the problem - I am not really happy with running a big addon like Power Auras Classic or WeakAuras for just one single debuff from whole Firelands.

So I am trying to find a similar addon that does the job but costs less memory and CPU cycles. No extra features required, just debuff ID -> visual warning and thats it.

Thanks in advance for any helpful responses.

Needtoknow is a really lightweight addon that tracks debuffs and buffs and other things with timer bars. You can set it up to show specific debuffs on movable bars with their icons.
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/need-to-know

If you wanted an icon display/audio warning then TellmeWhen (with omnicc for the on icon timers) would work, it's so easy to set up as well. I was gonna say miks scrolling battel text aswell, but setting it up would be bothersome and it wouldn't be optimal + replace your normal combat text. I thought you could enable some sound warning or similar with bigwigs aswell tho.

Basically, I'd use tellmewhen. I use it for normal warnings like water shield dropping off, or similar. :3 But then again I use dbm still ^^;
    Last edited by Andosup; 2011-10-29 at 10:06 PM.

Just use DBM anyway? Does it matter what, if any, addon you use?

I haven't bothered reinstalling DBM since 4.1 and I've not had any issues clearing FL content.

I'm a fan of PowerAuras for purposes like this and 20,000 other purposes I can think of that it's perfect for. It's really not that heavy of an addon at all. I have a good looking Blazing Heat aura pre-configured in the sticky thread at the top of the boards; but you can make it look however you want.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Doifer
    Needtoknow is a
    Yeah, I know this one. It's pretty cool but not exactly what I am looking for. I need more of a warning that a debuff popped than a tracking of it's duration.

Quote Originally Posted by Andosup
    If you wanted an icon display/audio warning then TellmeWhen
    Thanks for reminding me! I was using TMW back in TBC but it was pretty ugly back then and only with few features. But looking at the current version, it looks really nice (ButtonFacade, finally!) and it should provide me what I need. Definitely going to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix
    Just use DBM anyway?
    Not an option. When progression on Ragnaros we've learned that not only the same bossmod matters, but even it's specific version can make a difference in timers synchronization. And for stuff like Molten Seeds, it's mandatory that the whole raid has exactly the same timers.
    Of course I could run both, but that doesn't solve the issue I currently have with powa - running quite heavy addon for just one simple task.

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous
    I'm a fan of PowerAuras for purposes like this and 20,000 other purposes I can think of that it's perfect for.
    Yes it is. And I am using it right now and will continue using it if I won't find anything better. I am fully aware of it's potential but as a rogue and with my current UI, I just can't fully utilize it's options so the resources used by it are rather wasted. But thanks for the link, who knows, perhaps I'll use powa after all.