Thread: Monk Class Icon

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Monk Class Icon

So currently the Monk class Icon looks like a Fist weapon. What do you guys think it'll be?

Personally, I would go with this:

You want it to be an Ankh? A sign currently used as a reagent for the Shaman spell reincarnation?

I think the fist weapon makes sense: the Monk uses his fists as weapons most of the time, and using a hand for the icon would set of a lot of races, as 'their hand' is not represented by the icon.
    New Class: Runemaster
    New Alliance Race: Furbolg
    New Horde Race: None yet.
    New Zones: None yet.
    New Battleground: Ruins of Eldre'Thalas, Silithus Quarry, Taurajo Fields, Sorrows Training Grounds
    New Dungeon: None yet.

Thats a bit presistly tbh, i would go with a nicely rounded fist ,clenched and possibly armoured lightly. The one currenlty is onviously a placeholder as it just looks like an weapon icon

Deleted
    That icon is probably a PH

I would like the Monk icon to be a bare Fist, because thats what they are all about.

Deleted
    I would say something like Yin-yang?

15+ Year Old Account
    Should be the Kidney Shot icon, or similar.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=408
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

The yin-yang symbol would be appropriate.
    The funny thing is, the less you know, the less you matter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fist would be the most likely icon, really.

As for color, probably hazelnut.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind that class icons tend to be weapon icons or spell icons.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by SentryGunAirlines View Post
    The yin-yang symbol would be appropriate.
    I can see how it might be something like that. Maybe a blue and red mixture?

Signature made by Elyaan

Deleted
    They may decide to change it but... It is a fist weapon right now http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mis...aria/pandaren/

Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    They may decide to change it but... It is a fist weapon right now http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mis...aria/pandaren/
    Heh, someone doesn't read threads before posting. :P

I also agree that a fist is best. Ankh doesn't fit at all considering Monks are martial arts themed and Ankhs are Egyptian. As for class colour, teal would work best imo because it's not too close to any current class colours and fits with the Asian theme by being nearly the colour of jade.

I believe the icon in the belt it's a hint, so I vote for that

Last edited by proto; 2011-10-30 at 10:27 PM.
    Navarasa Forsaken Priest lvl 85 @ Spinebreaker [EU] - inactive

Quote Originally Posted by proto View Post

That can moreso be the emblem of the Pandaren race than for the class itself (as each race has its own individual emblem/coat of arms).

Personally, I think they'll still use the fist weapon icon as much of the class itself revolves around pummeling in any shape and form. I can't think of any other fist weapon off the top of my head that is a better fit than the icon they're using right now.

Barring that, if they make a Yin-Yang icon, it'd also work out. But my gut feeling is going towards the fist.

Quote Originally Posted by proto View Post

Recently Blizz said that the Class color is Jade Green, again hint in the belt
    Navarasa Forsaken Priest lvl 85 @ Spinebreaker [EU] - inactive

Fist makes the most sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they'll use a leaf for the class icon when Pandarens can't even roll druids.

The image on the Official Site is a fist. Monks are hand to hand fighters, therefore the fist or fist weapon would be the most symbolic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    Thats a bit presistly tbh, i would go with a nicely rounded fist ,clenched and possibly armoured lightly. The one currenlty is onviously a placeholder as it just looks like an weapon icon
    And the Mage, DK, And rogue's Icon's are not weapons? Not to mention the other class icons. Not to flame, But just pointing it out.

Maybe a yin-yang symbol? Although the icon (from those belts) seems nice too