Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Diablo 3 Beta invite?

Hey guys, I was checking my email and this came up:

diablo3 noreply@blizzard.com to me
    show details Oct 28 (1 day ago)
    Greetings from Blizzard Entertainment!

We’re gearing up for the forthcoming launch of Diablo III and would like to extend you an invitation to participate in the beta test. If you are interested in participating, you need to have a Battle.net account, which you can create on our Battle.net website.

We will flag you for access to the Diablo III beta test when we begin admitting press. You do not need to go through the opt-in process.

To secure your place among the first of Sanctuary’s heroes,Please use the following template below to verify your account and information via email.

* Name:
    * Battle.account name:
    * Password:
    * E-mail Address:

Thanks and see you all in the Burning Hells!

Like any sensible person, I was skeptic and wanted to confirm it. So I logged on to batte.net, and there under my game accounts it said Diablo 3. However, I'm still rather cautious, is the email itself legit?

Deleted
    Blizzard would never ask for your Password......

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Hey guys, I was checking my email and this came up:

diablo3 noreply@blizzard.com to me
    show details Oct 28 (1 day ago)
    Greetings from Blizzard Entertainment!

We’re gearing up for the forthcoming launch of Diablo III and would like to extend you an invitation to participate in the beta test. If you are interested in participating, you need to have a Battle.net account, which you can create on our Battle.net website.

We will flag you for access to the Diablo III beta test when we begin admitting press. You do not need to go through the opt-in process.

To secure your place among the first of Sanctuary’s heroes,Please use the following template below to verify your account and information via email.

* Name:
    * Battle.account name:
    * Password:
    * E-mail Address:

Thanks and see you all in the Burning Hells!

Like any sensible person, I was skeptic and wanted to confirm it. So I logged on to batte.net, and there under my game accounts it said Diablo 3. However, I'm still rather cautious, is the email itself legit?
    Blizzard have always said they will never ask you for your password so the email is dodgy, you did the right thing in checking your battle net as you may receive an email but if it is not on your battle net it's not legit

no. you click diablo 3 to sign up for the annual pass when you check your game accounts. it's a phish

Deleted
    scam, dont trust any mail asking you to give away your password.

Deleted
    Phishing mail indeed.. If you do get invited, they will not ask for anything in the email most likely. Just log on your battlenet. and it will show there

No, it's not. There is a sticky regarding this very matter clearly visible. I suggest reading it

YOUR GAME ACCOUNTS
    DIABLO III
    Diablo III® (Coming Soon)
    Visit the Community Site.
    WORLD OF WARCRAFT
    World of Warcraft®: Cataclysm
    [**********]
    Americas & Oceania (US)
    [WoW1]
    Public Test Realm (PTR)

Copied from my battle.net page

I should also note, 90% of the time, phishing emails go into my spam folder and it warns me when I open 1.

If you got the annual pass, then Diablo 3 will be on your battle.net account pending it's release. The e-mail is a scam.

Quote Originally Posted by lunarath View Post
    Phishing mail indeed.. If you do get invited, they will not ask for anything in the email most likely. Just log on your battlenet. and it will show there
    Diablo 3 DID show up on my battle.net....

---------- Post added 2011-10-30 at 09:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jero View Post
    If you got the annual pass, then Diablo 3 will be on your battle.net account pending it's release. The e-mail is a scam.
    No annual pass here....

Its fake blizzard will just tell you its aviable in your Battle.Net account manager. Never would aks you for your password, they don't need it they have it already.

Blizzard will NEVER ask for something like that template through e-mail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    'Hardcore' raiders remind me of my two-year-old. "Yes, I put it down and I'm not playing with it anymore, but YOU CAN'T TOUCH IT MINE MINE MINE MINE!"

Do not reply to this email. Blizzard never (never) ask for your account details
    If they need your account details they will tell you to log onto battle.net (and will not provide a link), they will not tell you to email them

Ok, so the email is fake. But why does Diablo 3 show up on my battle.net?

Deleted
    Nope that email is fake I get them on a daily basis, Blizzard will never ask for your password in an email.

Deleted
    I highly suggest you cancel your account, uninstall the game. If you can't identify that as a scam email then there's absolutely no point in you even playing this game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Ok, so the email is fake. But why does Diablo 3 show up on my battle.net?
    Is it the 12 month commitment thing?

Well, how about you just go ahead and reply to that email giving them all the info they want. Blizz said they won't ask for ur password in an email like that. You do NOT have to give any of that info to get a beta invite.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jero View Post
    Annual pass should show as

YOUR GAME ACCOUNTS
    DIABLO III
    Diablo III®
    Pre-download not yet available
    WORLD OF WARCRAFT
    [******]
    Europe (EU)