Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The e-mail's bullshit.

Blizzard will never ask for account information via email.

Pretty sure that's been beaten into my head after only a few years playing.

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Diablo 3 DID show up on my battle.net....

---------- Post added 2011-10-30 at 09:42 AM ----------

No annual pass here....
    SC2 and D3 show up for me and I haven't purchased either.

You've been told countless times it's a phishing e-mail. You can either listen and delete it, login and possibly lose your account or waste your day searching around B.NET looking for a download link for your D3 BETA which won't be there.

If the Prince of Saudia Arabia ever offers you $10m to help him transfer money, I would certainly take it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is not a real e-mail, this is my account, WITHOUT Diablo 3 (but the annual pass): (this is translated, since 'my account' is not in English)

YOUR GAME ACCOUNTS
    Diablo III®
    Pre-Download not available at the moment
    World of Warcraft®: Cataclysm
    [XXXXXX]
    Europe (EU)
    World of Warcraft®: Battle Chest®
    [WoW1]
    United States (US)
    [WoW1]
    Public Test Realm (PTR)
    World of Warcraft®
    Europe (EU)
    Play Free

...and starcraft bellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Is it the 12 month commitment thing?
    Nope, my WoW account isn't even active. I do not have, nor ever will have the annual pass.

15+ Year Old Account
    BLZ never ever asks for PW.
    If anyone actually get an invite (like I did) you will see it in your game summary along with your SC2, WOW etc.

Too bad the beta sucked ass and the game seems just another click the mousekey 10000times/min.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Nope, my WoW account isn't even active. I do not have, nor ever will have the annual pass.
    ...Coincidence? Dunno, you can see if you can download the client and it might possibly be a beta.

But I know the email is fake, I got one before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Distrix View Post
    I highly suggest you cancel your account, uninstall the game. If you can't identify that as a scam email then there's absolutely no point in you even playing this game.
    I was skeptic, thats why I checked my battle.net account first, but Diablo 3 is there under my games. And I don't have the annual pass either, so thats why I came here...

Deleted
    my wow account isnt active either and i also see its under my games.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    BLZ never ever asks for PW.
    If anyone actually get an invite (like I did) you will see it in your game summary along with your SC2, WOW etc.

Too bad the beta sucked ass and the game seems just another click the mousekey 10000times/min.
    The thing is...it IS in my game summary.

Ok, so the email is fake. But why does Diablo 3 show up on my battle.net?
    It's probably asking you to sign up for the annual pass.

But anyways, the e-mail is definitely fake. Don't reply to it.

Deleted
    The thing is...it IS in my game summary.
    you mentioned this like 5 times already it doesnt say you have the game, it just says "coming soon".

Then try clicking the D3 icon in your game summary. Why do people have such a hard time with this crap. If it's there click on it, but don't ever email out your PW it's really common sense at this point.

Thanks for the help guys. I doubted the email, but the battle.net thing made me hopeful.

We will flag you for access to the Diablo III beta test when we begin admitting press
    If you'd read the e-mail properly you'd known it was a fake e-mail. Press has been able to play D3 for quite a while now.

Ok, so the email is fake. But why does Diablo 3 show up on my battle.net?
    Does it mention Beta anywhere? Or is it a proper full release?
    If it's a proper full release, grats, you have a free copy of D3 :P
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

10+ Year Old Account
    I was skeptic, thats why I checked my battle.net account first, but Diablo 3 is there under my games. And I don't have the annual pass either, so thats why I came here...
    you said you no longer play.
    is the account active?
    if its active youve been hacked.
    'Let no man deceive himself. If any one among you seem to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.'
    Translation: you are a fool.

It's a trap!

15+ Year Old Account
    Why do people need to make threads like this? If you want to make sure you have the Beta, login to your battle.net account. It should even show up on the account before you get any emails.

And yes it will be a tab for Diablo III now because of the WoW Annual Pass that will give you free Diablo III on release.

Quote Originally Posted by funkyfloyd View Post
    you said you no longer play.
    is the account active?
    if its active youve been hacked.
    Nope, its says frozen.

Take note: We have a neat little Sticky at the top of the D3 forum to help you differentiate between scam and the real thing.

Hope it helps.

YOUR GAME ACCOUNTS
    DIABLO III
    Diablo III® (Coming Soon)
    Visit the Community Site.
    WORLD OF WARCRAFT
    [**********]
    Americas & Oceania (US)
    [WoW1]
    Public Test Realm (PTR)

Copied from my battle.net page

I should also note, 90% of the time, phishing emails go into my spam folder and it warns me when I open 1.
    That just means that the digital download is coming soon. It's probably just a result of the annual pass being released. People that got the annual pass show "Pre-download not yet available" and accounts without it say Diablo 3 is coming soon.

A beta invite would be a separate listing saying something to the effect of "Diablo 3: Beta [D3]"
    Last edited by Iracor; 2011-10-30 at 04:58 PM.