Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post
    Who do I have to kill to get in?
    +1 that.

I managed to play for 15mins a couple of months back and I want more!

Quote Originally Posted by blupparen View Post
    I almost don't want beta anymore. Not because I have lost interest, more because I don't want to be spoiled the story:P
    You can always just play a little of each class so you only see the entry parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwoe View Post
    Hopefully will get an invite this time. I would like to try out the character creator more than anything.
    This about covers it for me too, at first I wanted to test it cause I enjoy the testing the process I feel like I contributed to the game pre release etc, But now its so close to release I don't want many spoilers but one thing I'd like to do is perfect how my main character will look and have a reference point to get started asap in game rather then spend precious time playing in the character creation for hours on release day.

Lightning. It flashes bright, then... fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyira View Post
    This about covers it for me too, at first I wanted to test it cause I enjoy the testing the process I feel like I contributed to the game pre release etc, But now its so close to release I don't want many spoilers but one thing I'd like to do is perfect how my main character will look and have a reference point to get started asap in game rather then spend precious time playing in the character creation for hours on release day.
    Oh god, I'm gonna spend like an hour (at least) in the character creation screen... Takes me at least 20 minutes to create a char in a single player game with detailed face features...
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    This breed of "pragmatic" gamers annoys me each time I talk to them. After every phrase they utter, I have an urge to turn into an obnoxious jerk and say something along the lines of: "You should stick to playing Super Mario, man. The plot is nice and mellow there. No need to really follow it."
    This type of player was the one who introduced me to WoW with a RAF invite. He was always wanting to level as quickly as possible, while I wanted to ensure that I had enough gold and my skill in mining was on par with the nodes in our zone. In the end I drove him nuts with the delay, and he made me feel like a little kid trying to hang out with the older kids. Never saw his character again after we hit level 60. He's still playing WoW and loving Cataclysm. I'm keeping my $13 bucks a month, and should have plenty saved for SWTOR.

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    I think they're the type that's all about the end game.
    That will then complain and moan endlessly when they've beaten the end game and there's nothing for them to do.
    Feel like you have a target on your back around here?

Knowing this place, you probably do.

I didn't really enjoy it after playing the beta. I cancelled my pre-order.

Deleted
    I mainly want to use the character creation myself, like some other people here. When I hit early access I want to pretty much know what my characters will look like so I dont waste hours tweaking eyebrows

Quote Originally Posted by OriginZero View Post
    Fair enough To each ther own.

If its a permanent account you should pass it to someone on these forums who might enjoy it while you wait for Pandamania to ensue.

---------- Post added 2011-10-31 at 05:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Toralin View Post
    I managed to play for 15mins a couple of months back and I want more!
    That is horrid, like a terrible cocktease of sorts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are people so determined for everything except WoW to be crap?

Even when I got bored with Rift and dropped the game, I never referred to it as garbage, it was a decent game, just not my cup of tea. And I left it w/o any hard feelings. Never trashed it on mmo-c or any other place on the interwebs.

I see people posting all the time saying "I'm pretty sure this game is shit, just need to double check." Are you actually hoping for other MMOs to fail? Do you see Blizzard dominance as a good thing?

Business (any business) 101 is "the less real competition - the worse the quality of the product".

Blizzard has been sitting on its ass for too long, they need some motivation to stop doing the bare minimum required to keep people playing their game(s). They need some passion back, and if it's from the appearance of competition, that's fine by me.

Moreover, I can't understand how people, with all of the amazing info available on TOR, keep saying they expect it to be bad. I have yet to see any negative features that are important enough to have me worried.

Sure, there may be problems in the future, but I prefer to give the developers the benefit of the doubt before I condemn them w/o even seeing the product.
    I have gotten this feeling a lot too. It does seem that SWTOR has a special ability to attract doubters that gleefully want it to die in a fire. I'm hoping the massive beta (and NDA drop I'd hope) will do something to this.

Why would you hurry through anything in this game?

This isn't leveling a 6th alt in WoW. This is a story driven MMO with 100% voice over, from Bioware. Rushing through it, hurrying to hit max level would be a crime.
    Here here. On my 3rd or 4th character of the same faction, you're damn right I'm spacebarring through the world quests. But the class quests? The world quests when I first start playing? I'm listening to every line of dialogue and loving every minute of it. Level 50 rushers, be damned!
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

Troll is Troll

Also Beta does not mean DEMO it means help improve the unfinished project.

Why do so many people think Beta means DEMO....
    Last edited by Domenik; 2011-10-31 at 10:35 PM.
    (█████████████████████ΞΞ██ΞΞΞ██ΞΞ█████████████████████)
    Ghost -- Jedi Consular -- Shadow -- Infiltration 8/31/2
    {Scheduled Raids | Organized PVP | Community Oriented | Helpful to one another | Team Speak provided | Website}
    Why wait Join today! still recruting!

10+ Year Old Account
    -People who need to flex their epeens vs. playing the game; rush to end game no matter what.
    -People who enjoy a good story/have played Bioware games before; will slow down and enjoy the ride.
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    I'm hoping to get into beta so I can write the game off as garbage before actually paying for it.
    That was my plan as well but it didn't work out too well, really loved it.

And hopefully they do a real stress-test since they've had more pre-orders than pretty much any other new MMORPG so it's going to be fucking chaos at launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugfest View Post
    -People who need to flex their epeens vs. playing the game; rush to end game no matter what.
    -People who enjoy a good story/have played Bioware games before; will slow down and enjoy the ride.
    Why is it so hard to believe that some people just enjoy endgame, and not levelling?
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    ppl are buzzing over weekend beta rumours on the official forums (yes I went there I know I shouldnt), taking those rumours with a huge grain of salt ofc but still hoping!
    SWTOR: Loveray Legacy @ Tomb of Freedon Nadd | Toyboy • Spray • Loveshot • Thrilldrill • Seax • Penetro • Hotgun • Lustro
    FFXIV ARR: Thrill Drill | Odin EU
    • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
    Swtor eyecandy mm-mmmm! :Þ~

Quote Originally Posted by Ixator View Post
    ppl are buzzing over weekend beta rumours on the official forums (yes I went there I know I shouldnt), taking those rumours with a huge grain of salt ofc but still hoping!
    Considering that the new build isn't out I was under the impression that normal beta testers would test that build for a week or two first before they decided doing beta weekends.

heck i'd take any beta right now ~ who cares about spoiler alerts when you're actually playing the game. i dont get it.

*Gets option to see new Batman movie*

"Oh no, I don't want to see Dark Knight Rises because that would spoil it for me..." ehh what???

Do people who think it will "spoil the game" have a problem with opening their xmas presents early for some reason? Heck, Santa (my wife), don't give me that new monitor right now that I would use right away, please keep it in its box till xmas. It'll be more special by keeping it unused in the closet.

Sorry I just don't understand the "spoil it" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shruikah View Post
    Well arrest me now cause I will be powering to max level and have zero interest in the story and I'm not particularly fond of voice overs.
    I just want to point out to you friend that if you do skip over choices your light side/ dark side bar will be messed up kinda bad and also you may miss some good upgrades by not knowing what choices you make. I did the lvl race in wow and yes you can skip text on that game and it makes no mistakes but in swtor you can make mistakes in a sense by picking random answers. Also last point by rushing up there you will have to wait for people to catch up to do anything so its kinda a waste of time not money.