Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    It depends on whether them pulling is speeding the run up (if the tank is a bit on the slow side and the dps is, say, a FL geared plate dps class that can take a couple hits etc) or slowing it down (pulling to wipe/grief/troll etc). If speeding up I'll heal them cause I'm all up for finishing a run as fast as possible but if slowing down, I'll let them die over and over and over again.

You'll get a variety of answers to this but here's my take. If you can heal the stupid without inherent risk of yourself or the tank dying, you should. The time it takes to throw some heals is much less than the time it takes to rez, rebuff, and get set up again (and chances are you'll STILL have to heal them before the next pull!)

But, if it's the dummy DPS or you/the tank, eff 'em.

Rathalir Emberlight of the Crystal Desert realm

As long as it wasnt an issue i would throw them heals, but if it was an issue, id let em die every time till they figured it out, yea your there to make sure the group doesnt die but, people have roles and should know when and how to do them

For the sake of my recount ill pop my CDs (PI and AA) and start to spam flash heals and shields like there's no tomorrow.

Then MB and afk like 15 minutes to punish them. They'll never kick a 35K hps healer (on a very badly done pull) so they'll wait.

Deleted
    It really depends on my mood. Sometimes I'll heal terrible or aggressive people all day, some days I get annoyed and I let them die. It also depends on what I want from the run. If I'm invested into it succeeding, I will suck it up and heal through it. But if I kinda don't care then fuck em.

Bottom line is that the dps are forcing you to work harder then you're supposed to by healing them instead of a tank. If you can be arsed, go for it. If your annoyed, then let 'em die.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka View Post
    Sorry, 5mans is not cutting edge content and having a DPS run ahead an pull something doesn't mean you can't heal them. If the tank is doing their job they can taunt the thing that's been pulled quickly and generally speaking having somone push the pace is good for your group because it gives you more time to do something else in game than waiting for a slow tank.

I do this quite a bit on my spriest and despite the shock and horror others feel when I pull a mob and then tank it, I always seem to end up alive. People are far too high strung in this game. I also tank on my pally and couldn't care less if dps pull mobs, mind you I usually push the pace when tanking so it takes a pretty on ball dps to pull quicker than me anyways.
    Doesn´t mean you CAN'T - but certainly doesn´t mean you SHOULD. If the dps doesn´t have the patience to do an instance under the conditions they are in maybe they should do instances at a better time.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    So I'm a new priest purely healing and I'm loving it. I never like seeing people die while on my watch.

However while running pugs, I'm coming across players who frankly give me a hard time. Hunters who pull bosses for example, and not by accident either. Or DPS who run ahead of the tank and engage mobs.

Should I let players who do this die to teach them this isn't good for them and show them some 'tough love' or should I do my best to heal them as that is my job?

I'm torn. On the one hand I'm there to heal, and heal I will.. and I never like to see people die. But on the other hand, my tank friend explained that if the idiots keep getting healed, they'll keep pulling expecting heals. One druid who pulled a trash group even had the cheek to say 'ill just heal myself then' and I politely explained to them if they didn't act like a tank they wouldn't need to heal themselves.

So do you turn a blind eye to such 'idiots' ? Or do you try to advise them? I politely ask that they let the tank pull the mobs but I'm not sure they get the message. Perhaps a few graveyard runs would help?
    depends on mana, depends on current tank health. heal them only if you have sufficient mana and the tank is in good health. otherwise leave em to die. but ultimatly you have the power

sometimes I tolerate it, most of the time - no, had a dps facepull once cause a tank was dcd, I didnt heal him, the 2 other dps was AFK,lol, i let him die though he was mad,lol, He continued messaging me that I should stop my ambition to heal cause Im full of fail and I stop the idea of me healing a raid coz im gonna wipe over and over again,lol, I lol, i told him im not gonna heal you with the other two dps afk and fyi, this is a priest im levelling on this server for my friends, want to see my main?, and so on and so forth linked my main priest with her 6/7 FL HM achieve (pre-nerf ), well honestly I hate doing that but it pisses me when people think they are the greatest gift given to humanity especially in pugs. atleast that shut him up

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotuso View Post
    It really depends on my mood. Sometimes I'll heal terrible or aggressive people all day, some days I get annoyed and I let them die. It also depends on what I want from the run. If I'm invested into it succeeding, I will suck it up and heal through it. But if I kinda don't care then fuck em.

Bottom line is that the dps are forcing you to work harder then you're supposed to by healing them instead of a tank. If you can be arsed, go for it. If your annoyed, then let 'em die.
    lol so your the type of guy who will let his aggression out on other people if you're on a bad day.. really not cool dude. whatever you do, dont become a cop Irl. Peace. w/e. have nice day.

Deleted
    Just let them die if they aren't doing their job i.e killing mobs not pulling them. Then they aren't really worth the mana plus all they are doing is increasing their repair bill and dying.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depends. If the tank is a newbie and says so, perhaps even asking for patience, then I'm not going to heal ninjapullers. Making life worse for newbie tanks is making queues longer.

If the tank is just being really slow and a plate dpser / kitty in bearform / maaaaybe mail dpser pulls and my mana regen can handle it, sure, I'll heal.

People who annoy me by going afk for an unreasonable amount of time, are rude, needing on stuff they don't really need or ninjapull when it should be obvious it's a bad idea (I'm oom / It's a boss that we don't outgear or similar) will at some point stop receiving heals.

If you literally mean bad players who do awful dps and pull mobs before the tank does, then no, I wouldn't heal those. Even if you are overgeared and can handle it, the next healer might not. And how nice is it for a gearing healer to hear that he's shit because he can't make up for idiots ninjapulling, letting flamecasters freecast, dpsers standing in all the fire they can find, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by QwertySham View Post
    :O! Stole my ava!

OT: Let them die. It's one of the perks of being a healer.
    I take full advantage of letting idiots die. For example, I queued up for a random horseman the other day and this dps deathknight queued up for tank. Tanked in frost spec, dps gear, with blood pres on. Guess who doesn't get any heals? Ha you guessed it, that guy. I let him die and he said "uhmm healr wtf?" I simply responded with "If I wanted to heal a DPS I'd of let the 'tank' die, so I did." Not only did he have to pay for the repairs but he had to run back too since the group was full of pure dps classes with no revives.

Healing > All
    you dont need a tank for headless horseman, its faster if you have a dps tanking it.
    I dont think the tank was the idiot in this situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I 95% of the time run with a friend I am in vent with. Either I am tanking and she is healing, or it is the opposite way around. This works wonders, but then we risk running into a string of bad dps or good dps. We just let each other know who is pulling groups and we say who not to heal or peel off of in vent. After dying approx 7 or 8 times and wondering why they aren't being healed. They will leave or ask why. After that, it's fixed. We also set up a macro.

"Hi, welcome to this Random. Just a little forewarning, if you pull ahead of the tank. The tank will not peel and the healer will not heal you through it."

We get some grief by players who do just that. But meh, they deserve it.

These players don't often learn, so honestly do as you please. Either let them die of their own stupidity or compensate for their stupidity to establish how good of a healer you are.

hmmm ... strange to me, i have 375+ pala and priest, and no matter who i took to random horseman - there is so weak dmg you dont need to heal, headless rider die without even single heal land ... true is that tank ends up on 50_ of his HP ... i just feel better to help with DPS and that 30 sec fight is done ...

10+ Year Old Account
    If they pull ONE mob, its fine to heal them, but if they pull a group and you heal that person, remember that the mobs without aggro will go after you (healing threat). Thats the rule for most MMOs.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Also remember, not everyone is overgeared. There are still tanks and healers that are working on getting their gear, and running the instances at an appropriate gear level. I emphasize the word appropriate because a lot of people will say "they should get gear on the AH" or "just run with a guild and have them get you geared up", but while those are options, there's nothing wrong with getting geared up the way everyone else did when they first hit 85: running appropriate content. If you're relying on the group being overgeared to catch you, don't be surprised when you get yourself killed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either way, by not healing them you're slowing down the group. If you can keep them alive, you should or you are bad.

edit: I love people like this
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    "Hi, welcome to this Random. Just a little forewarning, if you pull ahead of the tank. The tank will not peel and the healer will not heal you through it."
    They're incredibly easy to get frustrated with MDs/ToTT

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    They'll never kick a 35K hps healer (on a very badly done pull) so they'll wait.
    Any halfway-decent healer knows HPS means nothing.
    Last edited by Ihsatakar; 2011-10-31 at 11:29 AM.

The more i hear the "hps doesn't matter" thing the more i laugh.

I still have to get kicked ONCE this way. ONCE. Risking a blue-and green first timer or someone who can cope with party screws-over?
    PuGs will ALWAYS go for the second, even if they need to wait.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    The more i hear the "hps doesn't matter" thing the more i laugh.
    Then laugh, because hps won't mean anything.

If you have big hps, it means, that you have bad tank or massive aoe damage on your party. Power of your healing skills depends more from mana gained, healing done, absorbs, dispell... and deaths in combat.

@Op. If you put faith in your skills, let them die, and watch, how tank and you making job done