Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It all depends, if it is a single mob, and the DPS is pouring out crazy damage, he can prolly handle it. toss him 1 heal it's prolly all he needs.

But if he pulls a group of 5 before the tank is there. let him die, and run behind the tank. no need for you to get proximity aggro once the DPS dies, let the tank grab everything and continue the pull as normal.

Also, in my experience for example at level 19. i bring my twink into randoms for fun. i have 1500hp's on an enhancement shaman and 300ap. a tank can not pull aggro off me. and i have 3x as many hp's. this really can't be helped unless i strip down to just chest and helm lol. i've had healers and tanks complain that it's not my job to tank. yet once i let the tank take over it becomes a wipe fest due to his 400 hp's and crap threat.

Moral of story, take it all on a case to case basis.

Healing Priority is as follows:

1. Yourself
    2. Tank
    3. Dps

But yeah i normally let the tank deal with it unless its constant or a heroic. If i'm lvling? i just say screw it, but yeah if tanks don't deal with i'll message them see whats up, and then on heroics you need to call them out the first time and let them know they need to stop.

It's all really situational though. they could be making up for the fact we have an idiot tank and if theyre geared, know what theyre doing, and at least make what theyre doing explicit than yeah they go up in the healing priority. all really situational though.
    Last edited by questions; 2011-11-01 at 02:36 PM.
    That you're offended becuase of such a stupid reason as someone suggesting implementing a custom used in the west world, of which it's history and mythology Warcraft is mainly based upon offends me.

Deleted
    I heal anyone that drops HP, regardless. If I do end up saving a bad from pulling multiple packs, I feel I've done a good job. Just letting the dull robot-healing tactic take hold is no fun. I also cannot stand when a single role in a dungeon attempts to take control over the group because he/she has the ability to heal/tank/dps. If I am DPSing or tanking and some 'bad' stands in the fire and the healer refuses to heal him/her through their escape, I usually end up votekicking the healer simply for being a moron. When people have the capabilities to keep entire groups alive and they don't simply for the reason "lol u stood in fire for a few seconds makes u bad" it's just as much them being bad players as the ones who're in the fire.

As a levelling Disc, I will only shield the tank in 5s (unless AoE damage). If someone other than the tank pulls, he's going have to live with atonement heals.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh forgot to add another situation! just cause this is one my friends and i create.

Reg Heroic
    Group Make up:
    Me, Moonkin 374
    Feral Druid 370
    Ret Pali 372
    Enh Shaman 372
    PuG healer 334

Pretty much all 4 of us 370+'s queue for Tank and DPS. We pounce all over the instance and clear it in 10 mins. Healer basically sits around bored collecting Gear & JP/VP
    We do it for the lolz. It's fun to run through as all DPS and just rock the place. No Tank, should the healer heal?! Sure, if he wants to, but it's not necessary. it's a free ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Ahh forgot to add another situation! just cause this is one my friends and i create.

Reg Heroic
    Group Make up:
    Me, Moonkin 374
    Feral Druid 370
    Ret Pali 372
    Enh Shaman 372
    PuG healer 334

Pretty much all 4 of us 370+'s queue for Tank and DPS. We pounce all over the instance and clear it in 10 mins. Healer basically sits around bored collecting Gear & JP/VP
    We do it for the lolz. It's fun to run through as all DPS and just rock the place. No Tank, should the healer heal?! Sure, if he wants to, but it's not necessary. it's a free ride.
    I've had the dps all pulling around 15k and the tank doing 7k-ish... and they still take damage. BUT, if you make good use of cc and interrupts... i can see taking relatively little damage, maybe 4-6k hps worth of damage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Man I pull mobs for the tank and I'm the healer. Slow progress annoys people, if your mana can handle the strain heal them. If not, let them die but your group will be in combat regardless.

10+ Year Old Account
    sigh...the closest i could find... i really can't find the right post but

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...1&pageNo=9#175
    Right. If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice. If you are trying to AE tank and a healer pulls aggo, then threat generation is just too low and we need to buff it.
    which i take as
    letting a bad dps die is called justice
    or
    letting a dps who pulls (definitely on the wrong target if the tank has yet to attack it) die, is also justice.

why can't i find the right post.... well this one albeit meant towards tanks, also corresponds to the current topic.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s0rel View Post
    on my drood tank, when i enter an instance after the hello i tell them this: you pull it you tank it! it solves the "happy trigger" dps problem.
    You want a slow run? I guess that's your prerogative.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apothysis View Post
    Your job, is to keep everyone alive. Doctors don't discriminate between intelligence, so what gives you that right?
    Unlike real life, WoW has resurrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Apothysis View Post
    If someone fucks up, heal them through it
    Yes, it's a really good idea to spamheal that guy who stands in all the bad stuff he can find, so that I towards the second half of the bossfight am completely oom and have to try keeping the group alive with my slowest and most mana efficient healing spell. I'm so sorry my healing alt is in the gear range where I can still get upgrades from ZA/ZG, clearly I shouldn't do them before I'm in full FL gear...

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    I'm hard-wired to do anything to keep everyone alive. Some of the most fun I've ever had is running with the worst groups. It stretches my capabilities, hones my reaction time, and sharpens my decision making.

Also, since the lovely state of affairs since RDF, I have no real desire to have any serious investment in helping other players, as I will more than likely never see them again and in most cases when I use to try, it either was hit with a wall of silence or attitude.

So, yes, I heal the bads and make it into a game for myself. If I feel like I may empty my mana pool before the boss dies trying to do so, I'll "prioritize" my healing for the best shot at encounter success. If that includes less healing to the mana sink and results in their death, so be it.
    This is the best type of player in the game. Thanks for not being retarded.

If someone runs in before the tank, I watch them die. If a range caster pulls, it's somewhat of a different story because the mob aggro could put me in combat

10+ Year Old Account
    Healing DPS that pull now and then has never bothered me, having the healing bars full makes me happy.

It would probably be fair to say we have all lost a DPS for some reason, pulling before tank, tab target and pull extra mobs, standing in fire, not moving from WW, debuff on too long, etc... It happens, do your best at saving your group, that is our job.

Here is an example of what not to deal with: A few weeks back, I pugged ZG, zone in after a wipe, not sure what happened. We had to clear the trash just before the first boss, High Priest Venoxis. (the pull you need to click the cauldron for Toxic Torment) Everything was fine, but a DPS DK didn't take the buff, I tossed a few heals his way, but no luck, he died. Instantly, the DK starts yelling at me in party chat, and wants a battle rez (that had to be the best part since we had no BZ). After we finish the trash without him, everyone moves to the first boss. The DK dies again from standing in green slime, and again starts in on me. We down the boss with four, but this time I refuse to rez. Told the DK I would rather four man the rest than rez him. Even though we are able to queue with random players, does not give us permission to be mean or hateful, this DK was over the top and completely in the wrong. The DK was kicked and the group was much better off without him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhoe View Post
    Unlike real life, WoW has resurrect.
    Hence why the dps can pull mobs in mobs and wont be doing in rl.

Yes, it's a really good idea to spamheal that guy who stands in all the bad stuff he can find, so that I towards the second half of the bossfight am completely oom and have to try keeping the group alive with my slowest and most mana efficient healing spell. I'm so sorry my healing alt is in the gear range where I can still get upgrades from ZA/ZG, clearly I shouldn't do them before I'm in full FL gear...
    Life Grip, not only good for killing people®

Just want to make a notice here to make remind you guys to not call each other names or question other people's ability to function in real life. Just because you don't agree with what someone says doesn't give you the right to call them names. Play nice and discuss. This thread is in danger of closure if it can't stay civil.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2011-11-01 at 03:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airelove View Post
    You'll get over the never wanting people to die on your watch thing. Trust me. I was terrified of letting anybody die when I first started healing pugs. Then I learned there's just no saving some stupid people and repeated death is the only way they will learn. Think of it as tough love.

And yes, the tank and yourself are always top priority.
    Pretty much what this poster said. I don't heal players who want to be the tank and do dumb things. If you stand in the fire don't expect any heals.

10+ Year Old Account
    People will always say to stop healing them. I dont particularly agree with that considering it will just drag out the instance. Dps dies, you waste mana, you waste time ressing, mobs die slower.. If they do die cause you couldnt out heal their squishiness, dont feel guilty. Unless you have the patience of a saint, I would recommend just healing.

Amazing sig compliments of Alyajna!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DerrHans View Post
    Life Grip, not only good for killing people®
    That reminds me I need to make a mouseover macro for life grip so I can ki... er, save people with it!

When i heal, i let noobs die who does that, because why waste mana og nabs that think they are tanks xD

If ppl feel offended now you are weak.. mwahahahah
    Lagg dosen't exist. Only bad Internetz...
    Paladins isent OP Blizz just made all ohter classes weaker.

im an a** on my healer and tank. if u pull before me or the tank im not healing u and im watching u die. whn im on my healer and im not ready, like i need to switch specs i was soloing or i need mana from a fight we did and the tank/dps pulls before im rdy, same thing im watching u die.