Divine Aegis scales with stamina

Our priests from Spain have been testing and the conclusion is that Divine Aegis absorbtion depends of the stamina of the priest, concretely 40% of the caster's health, and not from spell power or intellect. Mastery also affects Divine Aegis about 2.1%/mastery point.

It's a curious not really useful consideration since enchanting or geming stamina is ridiculously inefficient, but just to inform you.

This is the thread if you want to read it : http://eu.battle.net/wow/es/forum/topic/2868712028

Deleted
    Ummm not that I wish to rain on your parade but I thought everyone knew that. o.o

Yeah ive known for quite some time now. But nice that you figured it out yourself!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    Ummm not that I wish to rain on your parade but I thought everyone knew that. o.o
    I didn't know it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iLive View Post
    I didn't know it.
    Well, if you ever thought "I wonder if this stacking shield has an upper limit" when thinking about pre-shielding the whole raid with 100million HP shields, you would.
    It's easy enough to test, but it is just the upper limit in any case which is hardly ever is an issue when healing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawwad View Post
    Well, if you ever thought "I wonder if this stacking shield has an upper limit" when thinking about pre-shielding the whole raid with 100million HP shields, you would.
    It's easy enough to test, but it is just the upper limit in any case which is hardly ever is an issue when healing.
    You're talking about a maximum shield point, but I thought this thread talked about health increasing the effectiveness of ONE shield.

Interestingly enough, when the DA max cap was 20% [I believe] of the priest's max health at the launch of Cata, I ran some numbers and made a post to the effect that, eventually, if the numbers remained that way, a single GH crit would be able to cap DA with a certain amount of would be reasonably obtainable mastery. In effect, it would eventually create a "mastery soft cap" for tank healing, as the strength of DA via GH would scale quicker than a priest's max HP pool.

I even mused that STA, at that point, would be considered a throughput stat, though even a quick glance would see that any sort of STA stacking would be outright foolish.

About a week or so later, Blizzard hotfixed the max DA cap from 20% to 40%, essentially limiting any potential "mastery soft cap" for GH.

I doubt it had anything to do with what I wrote, but I chuckled a bit to my self. True story, go figure.

DA has always been maxed out at a % of D-Priest health.

However:
    1) Pre stacking for a pull is just a waste of time, and only is used to buff your meters on the first hit.
    2) It will never be capped on a tank (which is a good thing).
    3) If you are spamming PoH, it to should never be capped.

Also this is in the patch notes.

NOTE: It has always been a Blizzard policy to not put all information in the tool tips. It let's them hot fix stuff with out having to patch the client. Patching the client is a bigger hassle then changing a single script on the server.
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't DA effect by mastery at .75 of the extra percent of the over buff from mastery. As in, if you have an extra 15% to absorbs, you actually only have 11.25% extra to DA, for a total of 41.25% of crits (and PoH).

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.