Poll: How do you think we should get to pandaria?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Quests leading up to Pandaria

I know blizzard stated that we will start of in Org or stormwind and do some quests to get to pandaria. I was wondering what do you think this quest would include? Do you think that we will go to the epic naval battle and wash up on pandaria? That would be fun.

Sorry I didnt add a "Other" Option. You can just type it in.

Feel free to add any ideas of your own.
    Last edited by Klasis; 2011-10-31 at 01:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    While that would be potentially fun, it would be totally overused. There was a boat to Northrend, there was a boat with an accident to Vash'Jir... I'd prefer Jaina Mass Teleporting fresh recruits directly to Pandaria, and the naval battle being seen from the shores of the Pandaria starting zone. Still, I'm not sure that the Horde has anyone with the mass teleport ability like hers.

But yeah, your guess is probably spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    While that would be potentially fun, it would be totally overused. There was a boat to Northrend, there was a boat with an accident to Vash'Jir... I'd prefer Jaina Mass Teleporting fresh recruits directly to Pandaria, and the naval battle being seen from the shores of the Pandaria starting zone. Still, I'm not sure that the Horde has anyone with the mass teleport ability like hers.

But yeah, your guess is probably spot on.
    If anything I want to see the epic battle in the cinematic. I mean they claimed thats how we find out about pandaria. Due to the epic battle.

I like the idea of an epic naval battle to start off the questline. It should be epic if they are released a new xpac! I think questing gets better from xpac to xpac

I mean it doesnt have to be a naval battle it could be something else thats completely epic.

They did say that Horde will land north and alliance will land south of one of the Pandaria zones. We could do a quest in which we have a naval battle but then both sides retreat and settle on the zone to resupply and rest. Blizzard stated that there are 2 different clans of Pandarens. THOUGH I believe the 2 ship wrecks are on the Pandarens 1-10 starting zones. So my theory may be completely wrong.

What it will be:

Hero Board sends you to Varian...
    Varian sends you to somebody on the docs...
    Somebody on the docks tell you to talk to the person next to them...
    Then you talk to the first person on the docks again...
    Then you get to choose an option to "travel to Pandaria"...
    oh wait... you were mounted... unmount...
    cue the cut scene
    30 seconds later you're on the shores of Pandaria with a bunch of people with exclamation points over their heads

In other words it'll be click-through boredom for a few minutes.

What I want it to be:

I want a god damn Gates of AQ style questline just to get to the island.

There's a naval battle that finds it? I want to take part in month-long preparations for the battle gathering resources, crafting weapons, build rep to the point where my character is "worthy" of fighting in the battle. After all that I want to fight the actual battle against waves of real pvp opposing faction ships, where only the winners of the battle get to the proceed to the shores.

Deleted
    I think they mentioned it would be a quick quest chain so 'people can enjoy pandaria ASAP'. Thought I saw it in one of the Q&A's. Of course personally I'd prefer something that takes abit longer than just 5 quests.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope it's like the Horde entrance to Twilight Highlands for both factions. This chain in the old world to explain why you're doing what you're doing, before shipping off to war. Speeches, fighting enemy faction people, then you crash, blackout, and reawaken on Pandaria.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance by sea, horde by air.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moorden View Post
    Alliance by sea, horde by air.
    Won't work. Blizz already said it's a naval battle between our factions that has us crash onto Pandaria.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

While I understand everyone's desire for an epic event, I'm not so sure I'm going to like it when I'm leveling my fourth or fifth alt. Now I think that Blizzard realizes this after the release of Cata. Barely anyone I knew watched the videos that were shown during questing, as we all wanted to reach max level as soon as possible. This may just be a trait specific to a few users, but it is simply what I observed. Regardless of whether or not Blizzard does an epic boat battle I'm sure Mists of Pandaria will be a glorious experience.
    In promulgating your esoteric cogitations or articulating your superficial sentimentalities and amicable philosophical or psychological observations, beware of platitudinous panderosity.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Won't work. Blizz already said it's a naval battle between our factions that has us crash onto Pandaria.
    Well, on the map it did say "Zeppelin Crash Site" at the Horde camp..

Quote Originally Posted by kroden View Post
    What it will be:

Hero Board sends you to Varian...
    Varian sends you to somebody on the docs...
    Somebody on the docks tell you to talk to the person next to them...
    Then you talk to the first person on the docks again...
    oh wait... you were mounted... unmount...
    cue the cut scene
    30 seconds later you're on the shores of Pandaria with a bunch of people with exclamation points over their heads

In other words it'll be click-through boredom for a few minutes.

What I want it to be:

I want a god damn Gates of AQ style questline just to get to the island.

There's a naval battle that finds it? I want to take part in month-long preparations for the battle gathering resources, crafting weapons, build rep to the point where my character is "worthy" of fighting in the battle. After all that I want to fight the actual battle against waves of real pvp opposing faction ships, where only the winners of the battle get to the proceed to the shores.

Awesome way to put a lame way to get to Pandaria really funny

Quote Originally Posted by kai zayin View Post
    I'm not so sure I'm going to like it when I'm leveling my fourth or fifth alt
    If they made things more "epic", you wouldn't need so many toons to be satisfied with the game. In vanilla you were hardcore to have multiple max level toons, now its practically an expectation that everybody has one of every class. Nobody goes into a raid anymore and says "anybody know a tank?". It's "who has a tank spec", and if that doesn't work "anybody have a tank they can switch over to?".

A pre-zone, an area in the Old World where you have a long, epic quest chain leading you into Pandaria.

Epic cut scenes are fine - but not epic questlines that probably bug out on day 0, and just annoy me on my 3rd / 4th character.

5.0.0 world events are fine too - just not 5.0.1 release day complex patch quests.

The more involved we are as players the better.

The quest to get there should be epic, followed by an epic cutscene. The introduction for a whole new expansion's worth of content should be sufficiently impressive as to make you even more excited to experience it.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    The big question is does it has US crash on their or does it have other people from our faction crash there and settle, and we just come there after this batttle.

the sad thing is knowing blizzard it wont be epic. The cinematic may just feature a monk hitting things while there is epic narration. I really hope the cinematic is appealing and doesnt just focus on pandas.