Affliction or Demo for ZA\ZG\Heroics only?

Hi everyone, I really don't raid but I strangely enjoy doing za\zg and heroics when I'm bored. Which spec would be best for just these? I really can't figure it out after googling for a hour.

Just for heroics, you're better off Demo. Felstorm+Shadowflame+Immolate tab for every trash pull, and short boss fights that you can pretty easily pull 40k+ on... Affliction just can't match it.

Technically even Destro will do well for those instances since it'd be all burst. Demo will probably have the highest reward at the moment though, just because you'll have all your cooldowns ready for each boss, the AoE of the spec is strong, and you can probably sit each fight entirely in Meta.

Thank you guys, I'll respec and try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by kendro1200 View Post
    Technically even Destro will do well for those instances since it'd be all burst. Demo will probably have the highest reward at the moment though, just because you'll have all your cooldowns ready for each boss, the AoE of the spec is strong, and you can probably sit each fight entirely in Meta.
    You're exaggerating a little bit there. Unless the guy has full heroic gear, I ain't seeing that happening.

But otherwise I agree. Just pop the doom guard on fights where you can fully use him.

I'm mainly in full vicious and ruthless pvp atm, farming za\zg to gear for pve though.

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Just for heroics, you're better off Demo. Felstorm+Shadowflame+Immolate tab for every trash pull, and short boss fights that you can pretty easily pull 40k+ on... Affliction just can't match it.
    agreed.

also, not having to reach 17% hit for raids means that you'll be able to stack mastery like crasy. Mana Feed also ensures you'll have 0 downtime and never having to lifetap.
    Last edited by Morggane; 2011-10-31 at 12:56 PM.

Demo would be what you are looking for and make sure you get hit capped for only 2 levels higher and not 3 levels higher for added damage.