Poll: Results:

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Are you a 'Supertaster'?

Test(check list below aswell):
    -NOT REALLY ACCURATE BUT IF YOU'RE CURIOUS-
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbo...s/supertaster/

Apparently I'm a supertaster. Not like it's necessarily a good thing but this may explain why I haven't learned to like coffee and cabbage.

What about you?

DONT IGNORE THIS LIST >:V
    Wikipedia:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Although individual food preference for supertasters cannot be typified, documented examples for either lessened preference or consumption include:
    Certain alcoholic beverages
    Brassica oleracea cultivars
    Brussels sprouts
    Cabbage
    Kale
    Coffee
    Grapefruit juice
    Green tea
    soy products
    Carbonation in drinks such as in soda, beer, etc.
    Other foods may also show altered patterns of preference and consumption, but only indirect evidence exists:
    Chili peppers – Capsaicin burn is more intense in supertasters
    Tonic water – Quinine is more bitter to supertasters
    Olives – for a given concentration, salt is more intense in supertasters
    Last edited by mmoc286748cea5; 2013-03-05 at 05:39 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I'm a supertaster as well apparently, though I'm not fussy, and I do like cabbage and grapefruit.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

According to that no dubt infallible 5-question test, I'm a "supertaster".

Though I wouldn't have guessed it...
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Apparently also a supertaster, though again, I'm not a fussy eater and like several of the foods listed as things I probably wouldn't like.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

I rated as both a normal taster and non-taster. So I'm somewhere in between the two according to the test.

I don't understand how such question supposed to make such results. This is stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    I don't understand how such question supposed to make such results. This is stupid.
    Yeah, but that was the only test I found that didn't involve IRL stuff.

Added a list to my original comment.

Lol at post below xD
    Last edited by mmoc286748cea5; 2013-03-05 at 12:29 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    apparently I too am a super taster! I feel safer in my knowledge that I am now a super hero!

"You there, stop stealing that TV!"

"Why would I do that, and whats with that weird outfit?"

"Because criminal, I, SuperTaster, have a 75% chance of being able to taste things better than you!"

"Shit the bed son, I don't want no trouble man, I'll put the TV back, and I promise I'll change my life around and do no more crime!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    I agree.

Here OP, order this test for $2.50 and it will actually tell you if you have the supertaster gene or not.

http://www.indigo.com/test-strips/ta...st-strips.html

It ranked me "normal" but this description fits like a glove:
    "Perceive all tastes as more intense than other taster types, particularly bitter tastes
    Tend to be fussy about their food and have strong food likes and dislikes
    Usually don't like coffee, grapefruit, cabbage, Brussels sprouts and spinach"
    And that's how they describe the supertaster.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by AcrobaticMegalodon View Post
    Test:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbo...s/supertaster/

Apparently I'm a supertaster. Not like it's necessarily a good thing but this may explain why I haven't learned to like coffee and cabbage.

What about you?

Wikipedia:
    I'm in between a super taster and a normal taster.

It's pretty accurate that I don't like any of those foods. The only time I can really tolerate cabbage is in pot stickers. I didn't get some of the questions though, namely the restaurant setting. The question about how I would like it prepared, I've always thought it might offend the chef to ask for sauces and stuff on the side.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    It ranked me "normal" but this description fits like a glove:
    "Perceive all tastes as more intense than other taster types, particularly bitter tastes
    Tend to be fussy about their food and have strong food likes and dislikes
    Usually don't like coffee, grapefruit, cabbage, Brussels sprouts and spinach"
    And that's how they describe the supertaster.
    Yeah, you're most likely a supertaster then. The test isn't super accurate but you know, only one I found.

Yeah, you're most likely a supertaster then. The test isn't super accurate but you know, only one I found.
    I found a more accurate one after a one second long google search. >.<

Apparently I'm a supertaster. But with only 5 questions and so many missing answers I could as well be a nontaster.
    Like for the last question, apparently you're not allowed to eat while others speak to you. You either eat or converse, right... I don't know a single person who does that.

Hmm seeing as it grouped me in the wrong group (as I know which description actually describes me) I cant say I agree with the questions. Eating with friends and eating normally to me are very different. Honest when out with friends I will just order something I know I like and not care about the food. Because I am not there to eat I am there to hang out with friends.

Really think they could have though of better situations and made it in a more neutral venue

Super taster, and you can actually see the taste buds on your tounge and match it to the pictures.

One thing on you list cought my eye, "Carbonation in drinks such as in soda, beer, etc.".. Everything on the list fist btw.

I'm the only one i know that shakes my cola and all carbonated drinks, and people generally think I'm wierd for doing so. Don't care mutch for the carbonation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hamsterbom View Post
    Super taster, and you can actually see the taste buds on your tounge and match it to the pictures.

One thing on you list cought my eye, "Carbonation in drinks such as in soda, beer, etc.".. Everything on the list fist btw.

I'm the only one i know that shakes my cola and all carbonated drinks, and people generally think I'm wierd for doing so. Don't care mutch for the carbonation.
    I know right? I remember my friend downing a whole glass of Pepsi in front of me, and I cringed. I do like some types of carbonated drinks, but I always drink them so slowly. Unless I wait out the carbonation that is, then I drink them like normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I found a more accurate one after a one second long google search. >.<
    Could you, you know, link me to one? :P I tried various searches and none were better than simply matching what you dont like.
    Last edited by mmoc286748cea5; 2013-03-05 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Apparently I'm a supertaster. But with only 5 questions and so many missing answers I could as well be a nontaster.
    Like for the last question, apparently you're not allowed to eat while others speak to you. You either eat or converse, right... I don't know a single person who does that.
    Try checking your tounge in the mirror, can be a little hard but you can see the taste buds and match them to the pictures in the test to see if it was correct.

Deleted
    Apparently I'm a super taster, but I didn't really agree with some of the options in the super tiny test..

I know right? I remember my friend downing a whole glass of Pepsi in front of me, and I cringed. I do like some types of carbonated drinks, but I always drink them so slowly.

Could you, you know, link me to one? :P I tried various searches and none were better than simply matching what you dont like.
    I found that if the drink is cold enough it isn't that bad. Like 0.1 degrees.

But still prefer no carbonation.