Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Quotes you apply to your life

Just any quotes you have that have made an impact on your life. Cheesy enough as it is, I got mine from one of those motivational posters at my old school:

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

Now, every time I have an opportunity I might be anxious about, I just think of this quote, and bad idea or not I go for it (with normally positive results). How about you guys? Also on a side note, if you have issues asking out girls, just go for it because, as this quote says, you will never be with her if you don't ask.

10+ Year Old Account
    From the great Tyler "I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may"

10+ Year Old Account
    "Do, or do not; there is no try."

and

"Once you have experienced excellence, you will never again be content with mediocrity."

For better or worse, they have both made a giant impact on my life.

Fuck quotes. Improvise as you go.

(It'll be ironic if someone quotes this)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight Gil View Post
    Quoted for irony.

"Do whatever you want, just don't embarrass us" ~My dad, reciting the family motto.

Deleted
    See sig :-)

Deleted
    "It's not the goal as much as the journey, they say." - Cap'n Jack Sparrow

Deleted
    "Worrying is like a rocking chair, something to do but doesn't get you anywhere" Van Wilder

Actually rings true, no point spending your time worrying about what might happen, go do something about it!

Be yourself; everybody else is already taken.
    Forget where i found this. I hate fake people that go with the flow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reape View Post
    "Worrying is like a rocking chair, something to do but doesn't get you anywhere" Van Wilder

Actually rings true, no point spending your time worrying about what might happen, go do something about it!
    This, also! I can't agree more with you. People who spend their time telling how hard something is, or how bad it is - how we should pity them.. Can't stand them.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight Gil View Post

(It'll be ironic if someone quotes this)
    I'm not a fan of pretended profoundness because you follow a supposedly meaningful or non-obvious quote. So yeah, what you wrote.

A quote I made myself in highschool to sound smarter towards my teachers when I used to talkback a lot.

"The average Man answers the question, the smart Man questions the answers"
    Last edited by Pool of the Dead; 2011-10-31 at 11:43 AM.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    A quote I made myself in highschool to sound smarter towards my teachers when I used to talkback a lot.

"The average Man answers the question, the smart Man questions the answers"
    Are you me? I mean no jokes here, I said almost the exact same thing in High School and even now on occasion. For me it was inspired by the classic extra terrestrial quote, "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.". So seriously, are you me?

For me the quote varied but I don't think I ever put it in a quote context using average man and smart man but rather would say things like "You answered the question, I questioned your answer.", with a few variances.

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Quote Originally Posted by Aethilus View Post
    Are you me? I mean no jokes here, I said almost the exact same thing in High School and even now on occasion. For me it was inspired by the classic extra terrestrial quote, "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.". So seriously, are you me?
    No I am not me, or you, or you are not me, or we are not you, or me and you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Sounds like the Motto of the Interwebz.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

10+ Year Old Account

“Death is the only wise advisor that we have. Whenever you feel, as you always do, that everything is going wrong and you're about to be annihilated, turn to your death and ask if that is so. Your death will tell you that you're wrong; that nothing really matters outside its touch. Your death will tell you, 'I haven't touched you yet.”

Really helps to stop worrying about petty and insignificant things.

Those were the most important books I've ever read in my life: http://www.goodreads.com/author/quot...rlos_Castaneda

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not like I live by it, but a nice quote I really believe in something I believe to be an old buddhist monk quote.

"I speak slowly, but I think fast."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    Mages are balanced. It's just that they aren't balanced for Azeroth.

Deleted
    "Planet Earth is blue and there's nothing I can do."

Deleted
    It is the wiseman that points to the moon. It is the idiot who looks at the finger.