High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Disc PVP - Tips, Tricks etc..( Pls only reply if you pvp as disc)

Hi Mitagate'rs,

This is me

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...sterker/simple

I got to say that I am hooked on my priest like a Stripper is to a pole...anyway

I need some Help with Specific macro's and general 3v3 arena tips....

Macro's:

1. Shackle Undead on Mouse over (or when pet in range )
    2.PI and IF macro so that i never miss using them
    3.OMFG macro for when the dps try and derp me...

3v3 Tips/Advice

1. I prefer playing in a spell cleave ... however which melee cleave do you think suits me best?
    2. How do I survive against MLS >>>???
    3. I keep dying FAST WTF???

Ty For reading,

Please reply..and give advice on my build etc. ty
    Last edited by Breekjou; 2011-08-06 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Look at my specc and give tips...

Deleted
    what do you mean miss using PI and IF you shouldnt use them just if there off cooldown

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hermedes View Post
    what do you mean miss using PI and IF you shouldnt use them just if there off cooldown
    I might off stated it wrong - I want a signle button with both off them bound - Like a selfbuff button I normaly give PI to one off the caster in my team if they ask for it....

Deleted
    Hmmm always a tricky one for me because i play with a mage and never need to PI them, but the only thing i can suggest is something like...
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nomod][Target=Party1] Power Infusion; [mod: shift,target=Player] Power Infusion;

So if you just hit the bind, it will cast it on your lock, if you hold down shift while pressing the bind, it will self cast to you.

And yeah, never bind PI and IF together

Also there's not alot you yourself can do to stop being derped by melee, you need to rely on heavy peels from team mates unfortunatly, and as far as mls goes, you yourself need to avoid as much cc as possible, because once you get into one cc, the dr seems to never share and you will find yourself in over 9000 years of cc.

If you really want a nice easy route to 2.2k you cant go wrong with FMP, RMP takes a bit more work but almost as good.

I highly suggest you go look up Hydra on youtube an amazing disc preist that gives great tips, will give you a link. http://www.youtube.com/user/Hydramist

Disc priest survivabilty is pretty good you have tools such as pain suppresion , power word barrier, despret prayer, and inner focus(if specd correctly makes it a aura mastery). If u keep dying pretty fast make sure your using these cooldowns correctly and effectivly pain sup should be used during enemy cooldowns to prevent their cooldown bursts. Barrier should be used if ur hole team is talking alot or dmg or could be used as another pain sup if ur place ontop of urself if needed. Inner focus should be used if enemey interupts are up and u have no time to pump cast this will alow you to free cast heals for a few seconds and get a good crit heal to pick urself or a teammate up. Desprete prayer is a good ''oh crap'' button if your rly low and have no time to cast and pick urself up before you die. Also make sure ur power word shielding on cooldown and try to do it when ur not in a imp hamsting or a imp chains to so you get the full 4piece freedom from your gear this will alow you to run away and kite your enemys better.

Deleted
    Remember imp CoI can be dispelled so its not all over if you get chained through your 4 sec holy walk (the 4set from mooncloth) I also wonder if they will ever give shadow a decent 4set bonus for PvP

Deleted
    Firstly drop both trinkets and get a proper pvp one and batlemaster's, both with +resi. In previous season you could be running with one pve trinket, but now with the resi nerfs you need to go double resi or you will die all the time. And you'll never need that much spirit in 3v3 anyway.

Secondly, get spell hit and spell pen caps, there is nothing more embarrassing and annoying than to miss a fear when you are being raped or have half of your mana burns get resisted by that pally. And I'm not even mentioning missing the mass dispel on the bubble. Pen cap is easy, just get a neck or back with it and you are set. As for hit, you'll have to do some reforging and/or pick up an item with it.

Also, some talents like Soul Warding and, in a lesser degree, inspiration are less useful in PvP, you might wana tweak them.

Regarding tips and tricks... Well, always keep moving, get an addon to see when someone casts an interrupt on you and fake cast like there is no tomorrow. Casting a mana burn will often force an interrupt and will allow you to heal freely. Rocket jump in to LoS. Fearing a warrior is not always a bad idea, especially if you got a lock in the team. Even if you don't, get close to the pillar, fear the warrior and cast shield on yourself. This will allow you to juke him for some time.

PS will not save your life when you are at 10%! Watch enemy cooldowns and pop it beforehand if you know you can't outheal that. Lifegrip makes enemy meles cry. Popping PI when things go bad can make them even worse if enemy has a mage. Instead, try to use it when you have some time to free cast.

Penance and PoM will give away your position, keep that in mind. Best target for your SU is deathknight's gargoyle. You can rocket jump from bridge to shadow sight area and back on bladeedge's arena.

That's all I can some up with from the top of my head.

Try to time partner peels with your shield, really helps with getting distance from melee.
    MLS should be LoS'd, and when you're out fake cast!

The macro for PI Arxis gave is good, and you don't really need a macro for IF. Then just keybind them, I use bartender.
    You can also kill 2 birds with 1 stone and unbind movement keys like a,s,d and make them keybinds for spells like Mass dispel, IF, and mana burn (that's my setup). Then it'll be impossible to keyboard turn! Ya!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holycard View Post
    Try to time partner peels with your shield, really helps with getting distance from melee.
    MLS should be LoS'd, and when you're out fake cast!

The macro for PI Arxis gave is good, and you don't really need a macro for IF. Then just keybind them, I use bartender.
    You can also kill 2 birds with 1 stone and unbind movement keys like a,s,d and make them keybinds for spells like Mass dispel, IF, and mana burn (that's my setup). Then it'll be impossible to keyboard turn! Ya!
    Also get an addon called KG Panels (bitch to set up though) and make an invisible frame over your ability bars, forcing you to use the binds and encouraging you to mouse turn.

Deleted
    i wouldn't immediately unbind A and D. sometimes, strafing can come in really handy. it moves just as fast as straight ahead, but you can keep your orientation, allowing for easier application of instants that require facing.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Update

So after a long season and some RBG's I have to admit that this was by far the most fun I have had in WoW(4months) - i realy have fallen for this class ...

Now moving forward I will play Shadow for the next season

Disc will always be the most specc for me in game....